A Fall from Grace (2020) Poster

Make it make sense
tmatthew-1606418 January 2020
First of all, why does it look like Madea fluffed up her old wigs to put on these people heads? We have a lot of holes in this movie. The worst was the cop husband. He legit went to the house and watched a women jump off a roof there. Later in the movie he was driving his wife to the address and not for one second said hey a woman jumped off the roof of that place. Also he would have to question the owner of the house during the time, but he acted like he didn't know her during the whole trial. To top that one, he ran the guys name and said he came up clean. The guy had stolen the dead women's name, so there's no way he could have came up at all. Also the cop should know the name of the woman who committed suicide right in front of him. Did he not have to write a report? And finally the biggest discrepancy, how are they having trial over a man that is using an alias? He shouldn't even exist in the books to say that he's missing. When they pulled up his name they should have noticed something was wrong. If I called myself Ronald McDonald and then went missing, before a trial even happened they would have to figure out who I really was. The bodies in the basement was cheesy, no Black women with millions of dollars is keeping all these bodies in the basement in a regular neighborhood. Not one person would take these women for millions of dollars just to live in a regular house with a bunch of victims in the basement and drive a basic van. Please make it make sense. What did she need or use the money for? Both her hair and her son's hair looked jacked, so it couldn't be that.
176 out of 210 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Plot twist ruined the movie
preacster2319 January 2020
I can't believe it. I watched the movie and liked it. Then came the plot twist and I totally lost it. It doesn't make sense for one second and she really killed this guy with a baseball bat and hit him on the head with full force a million times and he turned out to be fine with just a bandaid on his head. You are kidding here right?
77 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ignore the 10 star ratings...
irishjenna19 January 2020
This movie is so bad! Crystal Fox used to star on In the Heat of the Night. Take the worst episode of that show extended into 2 hours and it would still be Oscar worthy compared to this. Bad acting, terrible lighting (why is everything dark blue?), horrible background music, awful directing.

The courtroom scenes were a joke and so childishly done it was like watching a film made by high schoolers. Fox's narration over the flashbacks was annoying. The bad guy was such a caricature I couldn't even take him seriously and the cop husband was just straight stupid. What was up with all the men with hair that looked like late 80s Bobby Brown after he left New Edition or Will Smith during his Fresh Prince days?

And my god, who was the writer cause they should never write another movie again! At one point the lawyer lady tells Tyler Perry she wants a blood splatter expert. It's blood spatter, not splatter. In another scene Fox says her marriage was a WORLD wind instead of a whirlwind. It's no wonder normal folks have such bad grammar these days when people portraying white collar workers can't even speak appropriately. They can do better than that for black actors, can't they?

There is so much more stupidity but I can't even go on cause this movie already wasted too much of my time, don't let it waste yours.
89 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is this a Netflix joke ?
negoitavladnicolae20 January 2020
I don't usually review a movie but this movie totally deserves my feedback.

I can't find a positive aspect in this movie. It was a disaster and all the viewers should receive a free-month from Netflix as a gesture.
95 out of 118 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watch it for a good time and the laughter
thirty-seconds-to-mars19 January 2020
This is basically if an intern at the hallmark channel was forced to write a law and order episode... In 5 days.
76 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
HORRIBLE
c-milner18 January 2020
It's almost like a Tyler Perry said, "Let's make a really stupid movie and pretend we were being serious, and then laugh at everybody that actually watches it all the way through.
65 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horribly Produced Film
deidrekirk20 January 2020
A Fall from Grace was exactly what this movie was. I guess Tyler did not get expert advice on producing this film. Why did he invite such talent to be in this movie then poorly produce it? The man wigs alone were start of a bad movie. I can't stop just there. The diner seen where the guy was drinking from an empty cup, chewing with no food in his mouth, he looked in the camera as if he was ready for the screen to be over, the leather coat under his left armpit as if he was ready to leave while sitting at the booth. The extras in a movie should not get more fan fare than the main cast of the shoot. The shaky camera during the car, and drama screens. The baseball bat to the head was worth more than a bandage over the head an black eyes. I understand he remembers and respects the black actors that came before him. However, a check should not be more than dignify. Isn't that what most older people preach. Someone should have enough courage to say to him this will be produced better. Our audience deserves it. It makes a difference in what we have to critique. I haven't touched on the undiverse movies that he always make. This movie just wasn't produced well and is an insult to his audience.
53 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst
chitrangada_pal20 January 2020
Can't tell how bad it is. Wasted my time. So many loopholes in the plot.
37 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You're kidding, right?
electricrat6623 January 2020
This movie is awful, period. Everything about it reeks of amateurism. The dialog, the patchwork all-over-the-place storyline, a clichéd courtroom scene obviously constructed by someone who has never been in a courtroom, and a "plot twist" that is so out of left field and unbelievable that it almost seems like a desperately failed attempt by the people involved to make what they knew was a terrible film more "interesting" or to "save it". Of course, by the time you get to that part, you really couldn't care less what happens to anyone.

I have never cared for most of Tyler Perry's films. They are bloated with unrealistic , terrible writing and dialog, and have a very Lifetime or Hallmark movie feel. Perry is a hack, and why he has the notoriety he has is baffling. And honestly, it's time for him to stop with the "Tyler Perry's Blah Blah Blah" movie titles. At this point it should be embarrassing. He really needs to let others do the writing.

And to Phylicia Rashad, shame on you. Your talents are miles above this garbage.
29 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2 hours of absolute rubbish
nina_568220 January 2020
Terrible acting, terrible dialogue, laughable and I genuinely cannot believe it's currently sitting at a 6/10. No. Just no.
29 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the worst unrealistic films ever!
whitemanfromtowne18 January 2020
Tyler Perry wrote and directed one of the worst unrealistic films ever. Such bad a story and bad acting except on the parts of Crystal, Phylicia and Mechab. This was a low budget play disguised as a film. The story was just assinine, nonsensical and so damn unrealistic. You mean to tell me in 2020 your spouse can just access all you bank credentials, steal the money out the bank and take out a 2nd loan on a house all in a matter of days and no one questions anything, among other unrealistic things?..smh. Best part of the film was the film credits .....lol
70 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One star too many.
grgory_19846 February 2020
I fell for the classic trick of a semi-decent trailer being actually completely unwatchable in reality. What an absolutely waste of time. Better to stare at nothingness and contemplate whether coral is the dumbest animal or the smartest rock for an hour and a half.
15 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slightly watchable simply for its awfulness
jrlahuerta19 January 2020
A fall from grace is pretty much an unwatchable movie if you don't accept its low-budget qualities from the outset. The only way I was able to reach the conclusion of this film was from a sort of "mystery science theatre" perspective, observing the dialogue pitfalls, the utterly generic plot, and the comical court that finally brings the movie to a close.

If you have an hour and a half to kill, and a few brain cells, you may consider watching this B movie. It's pure garbage.
37 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly horrible...
sunnyzwei20 January 2020
This movie has popped up on my main Netflix page for the past two weeks but something about it put me off so I've been avoiding it. However a friend of mine told me today about it and how she wanted to buy a smart tv just watch it (Whaaaaat?!?!). Anyway that made me curious because a movie that makes someone want to buy a $400 tv just to see it must be good, right??? Wrong!!!

Horrible acting, horrible direction. Just horrible. The main male character seemed to read his lines off a teleprompter. Some of the actions and decisions the characters made were simply unbelievable. Direction was laughable at times. There was one scene where the main character walks into a room and decides he wants to lean against the wall and he awkwardly shuffles, shuffles back until he gets to the wall. One of the most bizarre shots I've ever seen on film. He was the worst character and whenever he was on screen he would take me right out of the moment and I could tell he was acting but trying not to look like he was. The storyline was disjointed and I guessed Who the bad guy was pretty quickly. The twist was basic and reminded me Of a Lifetime movie disguised as a medium budget Netflix movie.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Effortlessly Awful!!
gokeadegbayibi19 January 2020
Still the beginning of the year but I'm very certain that It will be very difficult for another movie to be this awful this year. Total waste of time and pointless plot. Not sure what Tyler Perry was thinking
31 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watch for the laughs
smpasko20 January 2020
I've never wrote anything, and I think could do better. Ridiculous
33 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tyler, what happened?
laragi22 January 2020
I usually enjoy Tyler Perry films but this is whack. The basement scenes at the end threw me over the edge. You can't go from semi-realism to totally unrealistic. It had potential.
22 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
rbrakefield18 January 2020
This has to be the frontrunner for worst movie of 2020. Terrible directing, atrocious acting, and a lame script. this movie has it all.
49 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Laughably horrible
msand1056421 January 2020
There's so much wrong here. What was Tyler Perry smoking and who at Netflix signed off on this??? The stock should drop and heads should roll. Why are there no white people in the public defender's office? Why is the Tyler Perry character so anxious to railroad Grace into a life sentence? The judge, ridiculous. The dialogue? Written by a 10 year old - when she continues to stand there in court and say she is calling Sarah to the stand because "I should have questioned her yesterday"🤣🤣🤣 embarrassing. The cop husband? Don't get me started. He was even dumber than Jasmine and that is quite a feat. And what is the fascination with Kid and Play haircuts?? This is possibly the worst movie ever produced.
26 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wasted opportunity
hardball93119 January 2020
Wow...I actually thought the "bones" of this movie were decent. There were just SOOOOO many flaws. Predictable, a weak supporting cast with characters that seems very inauthentic, "tense" moments where my wife and I were laughing at either bad acting or a plot hole that didn't make any sense, your typical "court" scene with tons of quick cuts to build drama but almost every witness you have never seen before and never heard them answer a questions, a leading lawyer who wanted to quit or give up before the ruling takes place, a woman all over the news for being caught from taking advantage of elderly women to take their fortune that somehow got away while handcuffed to end up I guess getting a job taking care of a woman's elderly mother (like that woman would be dumb enough to NOT know what this woman was guilty of even though she would be all over national news). I'm a Tyler Perry fan, but wow....this was terrible. Such a disappointment seeing as how both my wife and I were excited to watch it.
30 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible acting and Predictable
ytorres-3159019 January 2020
There's not really much to say other than that it was predictable from the moment Phylicia Rashad made her appearance. Feels like I've seen her portray the same type of roles more often than not (yawn). Writing was very subpar as was Bresha Webbs acting. 2 hrs wasted.
25 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can I have my 2 hours back please
jaredosburn17 January 2020
That was so bad. Bad acting. Bad story. It's like Tyler perry is just making movies to make them almost like what Adam Sandler was doing. It was almost laughable at points even though it wasn't supposed to be humor.
66 out of 102 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
FAIL!!!
mlp9120 January 2020
The only reason I made it through the whole movie was just to see if my prediction for the ending was right and yes it was. If you do feel like wasting 2 hours of your life be prepared for a predictable plot and a lot of over-the-top theatrical acting....It feels like you're watching a soap opera. The pathetic soppy music being played while we see Grace fall for this guy is tragic! Grace seems like she doesn't have a backbone, the Lawyer is ridiculous and the best friend transparent. The twist is bland and then made altogether laughable with some wannabe horror style ending. The whole thing was written so badly and has numerous holes in the story, characters seeming dimwitted and lacking common sense. An unrealistic and unremarkable attempt at a compelling drama. No idea how this has a 6/10 rating.
21 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't watch
pieraussie19 January 2020
Low quality movie, stiff acting, bad dialogues, plot holes. The best part of this movie is watching the absolutely clueless extras in the background at the restaurant when our heroes have their first date.
21 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Tyler Perry joke
castlekc429 January 2020
Why does TP continually make black men look like such disgusting losers .... and the black women are pathetic victims ?I mean , he's a black man .......?? This movie is beyond predictable and badly done
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.