Dark knight Cecil Harvey goes on a mission to retrieve lost Crystals that a man named Golbez has seemingly stolen.
Did You Know?
When Cecil and his allies Rosa, Rydia, Kain, Edge come with him on the Whale spaceship and fly to the moon, they can pilot it until they land it. But when they exit outside, they walk around without their spacesuits. This would cause them to die including Fusoya and Golbez, because first of all, there's no life on the moon including trees or water. Second, they would freeze to death or burn to death by the sun due to extreme heat and cold temperatures caused by the sun or no sun. Also gravity on the moon is different than Earth and they would bounce lightly and float on the moon. If they were provided spacesuits with oxygen tanks, then they would be able to survive on the moons surface but would have limited time to explore and fight before returning on the spaceship. However, their spacesuits would make them more vulnerable to monster attacks and it would be slightly harder to use weapons due to the moons lighter gravity. See more
[Cecil walks downstairs in the Castle halls and meets with Kain
Shall we, then, Cecil?
I'll be counting on you, my friend.
Then you've nothing to fear.
[Cecil and Kain walk outside the castle gates who are greeted by Baron guards and the opening fanfare scene begins
And so the dark knight Cecil, stripped of his command of the Red Wings, set out for the distant Valley of Mist. Together with Kain, commander of the Dragoons, he would pursue a faceless quarry- and a chance for redemption. The ...
The Nintendo DS version has a number of changes from the previous releases the following includes
- The game is remade with 3D graphics including the character models, towns, dungeons are all rendered 3D used with motion capture technology.
- The music in this is game is now arranged orchestrated music.
- There are 3D cutscenes with voice acting in the game.
- A useless summon named Whyt is included in Rydias summon.
- This game has two screens, the bottom one for the map feature and to play touch screen mini-games, the top for the main screen.
- There are now attack items, support items you can buy in towns and use in battle.
- There's now a monster bestiary list for monsters you encounter in the game.
- There are 5 mini-games for improving Whyt, however they are not required for beating this game.
- The weapon, shield duplicate cheat glitch found in the SNES, Playstation 1 version has been removed.
- The Membership Pass for the Troia bar now costs 100,000 gil instead of 10,000 gold.
- The augment abilities options for party members is now included in the game.
- The Fat Chocobo no longer holds items as it's no longer required anymore.
- Namingway no longer changes characters names but is now a character for the Namingway sidequest.
- The difficulty in this game is now raised so enemies hit harder, party members lose more HPs and can die more easily.
- The Marionetteers and Security Eyes now can retreat from battle after they summon enemies.
- The CPU boss with attackers and defender orb no longer provide EXP for every kill, however the Magus Sisters, Cindy, Mindy and Sandy still provide EXP for every kill.
- Status boosts are affected when the character is over level 70 and it depends on the augments they equip.
- Rosas arrows no longer get used up when she attacks.
- Edward no longer automatically hides when his HPs get low.
- Edge can no longer equip claws worn by Yang.
- Rydia's Meteor spell level requirement is now level 80 instead of level 60.
- There's an extra flashback scene involving Cecils childhood with his brother Golbez and his best friend Kain when they were kids after defeating the CPU boss in the Giant of Babil.
- The developers office in King Giotts castle is found in the secret passage of the bar.
- The Sealed Cave glitch that allowed Rydia to use her warp spell to wrap into the crystal room and obtain the Dark Crystal early on in the game, therefore bypassing the Sealed Cave sequence has been fixed in the Nintendo DS release.
- The stronger enemy encounter glitch with monsters from Troia found at the north end of Mount Ordeals has been fixed.
- Edge now has 3 new spells including Tremor, Gale, Frost.
- The Gaia armor that protects players from petrify spells has a glitch where it doesn't protect the player from getting instantly petrified from the Helldiver, Cockatrice normal attacks.
- When casting confuse on Coeurl or Cait Sith. They no longer use blaster spell on themselves or other enemies and they simply attack themselves.
- Malboro enemies bad breath can still inflict status aliments even with headband equipped. Where as the SNES the headband has a glitch that blocked every single status aliments.
- The ending credits music loops instead of concluding like in the SNES version and they now show party character casts during the credits.
- There's a new game plus feature for beating the game.
Referenced in World of Final Fantasy