Superman & Lois (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Terrific!!
DiCaprioFan1313 October 2022
Superman & Lois is every bit as good as I thought it would be! Admittedly, I'm huge fan of Superhero movies/shows and Superman and Batman have been my favorite since childhood so I was really looking forward to this since it was announced and has not disappointed. While Henry Cavill is the best Superman ever (my opinion of course) and Tom Welling (Smallville) was the best on TV, Tyler Hoechlin more than held his own and makes a great Superman/Clark Kent. I admit that the kids can be a little annoying at times and are the only negative on a great show. This is the best CW show since the early Arrow seasons. I can't wait for more seasons to come!
22 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feels like a fresh start, hope it not becomes a soap opera like others on CW.
samratsingraur23 February 2021
Superman & Lois is far more entertaining than its fairly generic title might suggest. The series makes the most of Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch's chemistry, utilizing the two characters and their romance in a way Supergirl never could. Superman & Lois may feel utterly divorced from the rest of the Arrowverse, but that's just as likely to be a selling point for many viewers. The only thing to hope from this show that it remains a balanced blend of genres but not a soap opera like others on CW. However, the premier is really likeable and that intense cinematography gives a touch of man of Steel mixed in Smallville. Really hope the writing and script remains creative and entertaining.
290 out of 344 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Huge Superman fan and I love it!
Supermanfan-1310 June 2022
Superman & Lois is every bit as good as I thought it would be! Admittedly, I'm huge fan of Superhero movies/shows and Superman and Batman have been my favorite since childhood so I was really looking forward to this since it was announced and has not disappointed. While Henry Cavill is the best Superman ever (my opinion of course) and Tom Welling (Smallville) was the best on TV, Tyler Hoechlin more than held his own and makes a great Superman/Clark Kent! I admit that the kids can be a little annoying at times and are the only negative on a great show. This is the best CW show since the early Arrow seasons. I can't wait for more to come!!
31 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and likeable
lakings978 August 2022
Superman & Lois: Season 2 was just as entertaining as the first season. This season the family deals with secrets and how they should handle the family secrets. Tyler Hoechlin is back as Superman and he plays the role just as well as Christopher Reeve. The one thing I don't understand is why they cast Elizabeth Tulloch as Luis Lane, she is eight years older than Tyler. The protagonist this season is a lady that runs a cult to bring two worlds together. The story was intriguing and we get to see the next generation of superheroes. Definitely a great series if you like fantasy DC origin superhero's.
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm on the fence
OceanGirl9414 August 2022
I'm hoping this series improves. This second season wasn't anywhere near the same level as the first. It has a lot of potential, but it feels hamstrung by CW. That shouldn't be a surprise to anyone by now.

The production is pretty stellar, so far. The locations and effects are great.

The writing has been bland for me, and very likely has contributed to some of my opinions below. While most of the main plot ideas are decent, many of the subplots and side stories are meaningless clutter. I can't think of how many of the newspaper scenes come off like filler content, and contribute nothing more than needlessly refreshing the viewers' knowledge of Lois's profession. Overall, most of the small town issues are excruciatingly boring. I'd rather see the show steer back to things that threaten life on planet Earth on a more consistent basis.

Elizabeth Tulloch was amazing in Grimm. I've tried and failed to like her for the role of Lois. For some reason, the writers want Lois to be annoyingly neurotic at every turn, and Tulloch does effectively come across that way, unfortunately. Lois scenes are mostly not pleasant experiences.

There's zero chemistry between Tulloch and Hoechner. And, it seems, I'm not the only one that noticed.

Clark Kent is henpecked far too frequently by Lois, like on a 20th century sitcom stereotype level.

I'm not getting anything from Alex Garfin. His Jordan Kent is bland. I don't feel like this is a writing problem. There's no personality with Jordan, very restrained, little voice inflection, unconvincing body language, and nothing tangible to invest in. I'd rather him get interested in his ancestry and powers than the dull teen romance.

I'm hoping the character Tal-Rho stays in the series. I love the "sometimes good/sometimes bad" tension between the brothers.

Most of the rest of the cast are great performers. Love Irons, Valdez, Walsh, Chriqui, and Rayner, to name a few.

Though one of the better superhero products of the CW, it needs some major fine tuning. In a different world in the multiverse, it would be on HBO Max permanently, and with writers that have vision beyond the boundaries of Smalltown. There's no shortage of source material, for sure. Though I've seen no news (only speculations) about a permanent move to HBO Max, I daydream about it faring much, much better there, with a more adult atmosphere, like Titans. And, if I'm being honest, I'm low key ready for another "Crisis" miniseries down the road.

Though I lost interest a bit during the first part of this second season, the pace really picked up during episodes 12-15. The unexpected visit from someone from A. R. G. U. S. Ensured that I'm definitely down for Season 3.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Likeable characters
johnmondeng7 September 2022
I'm really out of touch with the whole superheroes universe in the movies and prefer things a little more simple and straightforward.

I was pleasantly surprised watching this. Easy to follow along and could watch right away and get into it.

Good people characters are likeable and relatable. Only into the first season so hoping it keeps this formula.

With the likeable people in this and great storyline, I've got high hopes for this series.

Clark and Lois are pretty true to their comics. Haven't figured out the whole Lex Luthor plot either but very intriguing.

The one plot line I'm not sure how well is the story between the brothers. I would have expected more resentment when one is more powerful than the other. This could change as time goes on.
15 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Based on the pilot.
whiskeymovie30 July 2022
I am pleasantly shocked at how much I enjoyed the pilot. Nothing felt forced, the casting is remarkably good, the dialouge is well written, and for the most part it is very well acted. I am anxious to see if it continues this way. I love the "humanizing" of Superman, showing that he's not perfect. I never got into the CW DC shows really, but saw this on HBOMax and decided to give it a chance. Glad I did.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Complaining
ibrahimkhan-301856 April 2022
It's whole series was about complaining,sister complaining sister ,brother to brother ,wife to husband,husband to wife ,daughter to father .every one was arguing each other just fed of all those stuff again and again .I fast forward to see some action because I already knows the story .complaining each other apology again and again fight aghhhhh.
47 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Less Dialogue
denise-8815226 January 2022
Simple critique....less dialogue between family members, neighbors, business owners, etc. Too much drama!! Not to mention "couple" issues. Geez...do we need to drag them on....both brothers.
31 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Superman you've been waiting for
hotrobinproductions23 February 2021
Let's be honest I didn't have any expectations with this show. The CW has done nothing but disappointed us with the last 3 shows they have made (supergirl, black lighting, batwoman) I will say that those shows are getting better though... except for batwoman... but this is off to a solid start and I'm just judging it off the pilot but it does everything, checks the boxes and more. Can't wait for more.
127 out of 194 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thinking about avoiding teenage actors in shows
RockTrick4 April 2022
It's good, but it's incredible how one can take the phenomenal world of Superman and make it so hacky. I kid you not, EVERY single scene that's not crime fighting is literally a therapy session of some sort. An argument, conflict resolution, family squabbles, some teenager throwing a tantrum or endangering others, causing a scene for no reason, etc. Ironically the most interesting story growth could come out of the teens and their derived powers, use of X-Krypto, etc.. but I said could, COULD but it doesn't. Shoot and a-miss.

There are at least 10 side conversations each episode about some melodrama, and to add to it, action scenes derive or uproot from these unreal chit-chats that no real regular family would be having. Only way one can really overlook this nonsense is the fact that the show is in fact rated PG, so it's targeted at families. It's like a trend at this point that any adolescents in lead roles will head straight in this direction no matter what. I may be butt-hurt but only because it could have been a bit better in the story department. Thank goodness for fast-forwarding.
21 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
good Superman actor, terrible plot, hard to watch at times
kellindil-759-44882821 August 2022
I really enjoyed the actor playing superman, however whole thing feels like latin telenovela, it's mostly boring, plots leads nowhere, everyone is plain dumb, great finals of seasons are actually very disappointing and not really delivered.

I am suprised this got 3rd season..
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What is going on in season two!
melonycm1 April 2022
I am disappointed with the direction of season two what a snooze fest. The storyline just doesn't make sense anymore, the acting at times just very cringe! .Season one was so much better!
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far, so...Good?
Darwinskid12 March 2021
The 'Arrowverse' as its called has not been in that good of shape in recent memory - The Flash, Black Lightening, and Legends of Tomorrow have all gotten very stale, Arrow's last two seasons were not very impressive, Supergirl's 'woke' factor has gotten to so big the show has almost no real story driving it anymore, and Batwoman has been terrible since its start and it somehow finds its way to get even worse as it goes on...Now I could take a moment to give praise to Stargirl, but...Different universe. Still DC and part of the multiverse, but not Arrowverse. Anyway, I liked Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in the second season of Supergirl, but the more appearances he made the less impressive he was, even during the Crisis event from 2019-2020 he appeared much less, well, super compared to Brandon Routh(as another version of the Man of Steel). Still, we have not seen a live-action Superman series in 20 years(Yes, Smallville is turning 20 this year) and the trailers raised my interest a little. The first ten minutes of its premiere won me over, and so far, with three episodes in, I am going to stick around. There are some questions of continuity concerning how the Arrowverse has played out thus far, but honestly given the less than stellar output of it in recent memory, the more detached it seems it is for the better. Didn't think Tyler Hoechlin would've effectively pulled off playing a dad to two teenagers given his age but he's made it work just fine so far. Hoechlin and Tulloch's chemistry is superb, their Clark and Lois dynamic is some of the best seen in recent memory, and better yet there seems to be a real storyline going on here that could warrant a full season of television. I must also praise the cinematography and the visual style of the series, not only is it quite detached from the aesthetic of the rest of the Arrowverse shows, but it feels like a good blend of Richard Donner and Zack Snyder. Remember though, still technically set in the same continuity of the woeful Batwoman and the gone-off-the-rails other shows, and given that The CW has a reputation for valuing politics over storytelling and always bringing down the maturity of the storytelling of their products, so enjoy the good while it lasts - hopefully, it sticks around a lot longer.
45 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A welcome new series for Superman and Lois fans.
TxMike17 March 2021
I am writing this after the first four episodes of this new TV series. To be successful a series needs both good stories and interesting characters and this one has both.

As the series starts Clark and Lois have fraternal twin teenage sons who don't yet know their father is Superman. They decide to move from Metropolis and return to the Kent farm in Smallville. As the story lines are developing one of the boys starts to show unusual abilities and his parents must tell the sons the whole story.

As episode four ended we see a wealthy businessman who just bought mineral rights of an old mining operation in Smallville apparently has a lode of Kryptonite and this promises to become the new villain for Superman.

So far a good, entertaining series, one-hour (with commercials) episodes on Monday nights on the WB.
26 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun new take on the Superman story
DarkVulcan2927 February 2021
Clark Kent/Superman and Lois Lane are married and move back to Smallville after Clarks adoptive mother dies. Clark and Lois are also parents to two teenage boys Jonathan and Jordan. interesting to see how Superman will struggle being a hero and and a husband and a father.

Tyler Hoechlin was so popular with his version of Superman on Supergirl, it would be matter of time before he would get his own show. Putting a new spin on Superman, has a husband and a father. Elizabeth Tulloch is also great has Lois Lane. Effects are pretty good also, and the performances also keep you infested in the story. I hope this will go on a while.
32 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So Surprised
alanm-2503124 February 2021
I havent been a fan of the CW superhero shows for a long time and I watched this just to see what they had done. What a surprise! Well produced, good strong story to start, you feel the strength characters right from the begining. Just hope this doesnt end up going like the other CW shows with silly story lines, too main pointless characters and the need to add team mate after team mate. This felt like Superman lets keep that.
195 out of 240 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
CW doesn't dissapoint
tero-j-ojala26 February 2022
I left this show at S2E4. CW does what CW always does.

So much talking about feelings and about 2 minutes of Superman action per episode.

And always cliffhanger at the end of episode, that does not continue until end of next episode.

There is about 10 minutes of main story arc in 600 minutes of total runtime of one season. All the other content is teenage drama, as usual in CW production.
18 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love it, only one issue
kleinjoshua-7651622 September 2021
I absolutely love this version of superman. He's good at it, the story is fun, and it's nice seeing back story.. Only downside, it's got that usual WB teeny bopper emotional garbage but it's manageable.
22 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Refreshing - the CW can make good shows!
bosporan30 March 2022
Much recent CW comic-book fare has been questionable to say the least (Stargirl excepted). This is a welcome return to the virgin snow, early days of Flash and Arrow. A new take on Superman, now with a family, returning to Smallville and the difficulty of balancing family life with being a superhero. Fresh, fun, believable and entertaining - focussing on what the viewer wants, an interesting plotline, relatable story arcs and well conceived action - this delivers spectacularly well in season 1. Season 2 is something of a regression, but hopefully it will stay on track.
11 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good series which is packed with adventure and the content and story lines will appeal to a broad audience
Ed-Shullivan24 February 2021
It appears the writers put an extra effort into the Superman and Lois storyline and the pilot episode is brimming with adventure. Initially it tells the story of how Clark Kent has spent the past thirty (30) plus years and now he is married and he has a family of his own. This new adventure series has introduced us to an all new cast of characters as well as some old reliable ones that seemingly broadens the series scope to appeal to a new generation of Superman fans as well as some of us older generation fans as well.

The series has not fallen far from the original concept of the 1938 original story first created by writer Jerry Siegel and artist Joe Shuster and as such they are still credited with this the latest Superman version. I believe they just improved the storyline. My only negative about the series is the producers and editors are using a blue/grey filter which seems to be the rage nowadays. I personally would prefer they remove the dull color filter and in its place provide a brighter and crisp color for the series.

Clark Kent has moved to Metropolis and he has now married the love of his life in the Daily Planet reporter Lois Lane, and they have two teenage boys Jonathan and Jordan. The pilot episode prepares us for Clark losing his father first, and when his mom falls ill he hears her voice calling out to him from Smallville "to come home Clark".

I see great potential for this the latest TV Superman and Lois adventure series. In fact with Clark and Lois now having two teenage boys of their own, what genes did these boys inherit from both their parents? Stay tuned as i see a few seasons of new and creative storylines heading our way for years to come.
40 out of 67 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feels like cw is back.... For now
mikem-9723610 March 2021
Reminds me of early Arrow or early Flash, which were great until they went downhill at an alarming rate. I hope this show can remain consistent.
104 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It has its moments but
snwlonelysoldierboy31 January 2022
Too many side characters subplots, too much side characters drama, too little Superman.

The show isn't called Lana and her family, Sarah and her school friends, Smallville random people lives, the show is called Superman & Lois, we got 5 minutes of Superman and 40 about random things in Smallville....
15 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I genuinely hate CW...but
davidjablonka27 February 2021
I generally can't stand CW. Boring plot lines, poorly written, very cheesy and poor sense of tone but I was shocked by this show. I watched it on recommendation. I had a lot of trepidation, but within 10mins I was in. Really good casting, excellent tone throughout and a sense of 'realism that CW has really failed to do in the past. It's a very fresh take on saturated genre and overworked superhero and I'm excited to see where this show goes. I suspect it will get chappy after the first season, as usual, but I'm looking forward to this first one.
87 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Refreshing and full of heart
iamanandroid29 September 2022
Superman & Lois is easily the best superhero show on television at the moment. It has an incredible cast with such amazing talent they blow me away with each episode. This show also stands out on the CW. Usually, going into a CW show I have low expectations as far as the writing and performance. However, Superman & Lois is so well written. It has heart and it cares so much for it's characters. Every single character has emotional depth, even the side characters and villains. And I love that the main theme of the show is about empathy and understanding. While he is the most powerful being in the world, he never takes the easy, morally questionable route. He sticks to his values and he has a sensitivity and caring nature that is so refreshing to see. I can't even begin to explain just how much I love each and every character in this show and how it portrays flaws and growth. It's also refreshing to see these characters actually communicate and listen to each other. There's so many bad writing tropes that get used to generate pointless drama and this show never goes that route. At the end of the day, this is a feel good show and always brightens my day. I'm very happy it exists and I hope it stays on air for many years to come.
15 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.