Superman and Lois (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

Feels like a fresh start, hope it not becomes a soap opera like others on CW.
samratsingraur23 February 2021
Superman & Lois is far more entertaining than its fairly generic title might suggest. The series makes the most of Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch's chemistry, utilizing the two characters and their romance in a way Supergirl never could. Superman & Lois may feel utterly divorced from the rest of the Arrowverse, but that's just as likely to be a selling point for many viewers. The only thing to hope from this show that it remains a balanced blend of genres but not a soap opera like others on CW. However, the premier is really likeable and that intense cinematography gives a touch of man of Steel mixed in Smallville. Really hope the writing and script remains creative and entertaining.
237 out of 290 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So Surprised
alanm-2503124 February 2021
I havent been a fan of the CW superhero shows for a long time and I watched this just to see what they had done. What a surprise! Well produced, good strong story to start, you feel the strength characters right from the begining. Just hope this doesnt end up going like the other CW shows with silly story lines, too main pointless characters and the need to add team mate after team mate. This felt like Superman lets keep that.
159 out of 200 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feels like cw is back.... For now
mikem-9723610 March 2021
Reminds me of early Arrow or early Flash, which were great until they went downhill at an alarming rate. I hope this show can remain consistent.
70 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why are people complaing about how old lois lane looks?
cappsule26 February 2021
Yes she is supposed to look way older than Clark because Superman doesnt age.

Also solid 8/10 episode loved it.
149 out of 205 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I genuinely hate CW...but
davidjablonka27 February 2021
I generally can't stand CW. Boring plot lines, poorly written, very cheesy and poor sense of tone but I was shocked by this show. I watched it on recommendation. I had a lot of trepidation, but within 10mins I was in. Really good casting, excellent tone throughout and a sense of 'realism that CW has really failed to do in the past. It's a very fresh take on saturated genre and overworked superhero and I'm excited to see where this show goes. I suspect it will get chappy after the first season, as usual, but I'm looking forward to this first one.
69 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Superman Adaptation in Years
jagsfan-1806323 February 2021
Not a CW fan at all, but this show surprised me. The effects and overall tone are that of a Cable premium show.
187 out of 264 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GREAT
jeroen-evert18 June 2021
Great show, But a little too much Family-Drama, and not enough Superaction.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
2nd best tv Superman ever (behind only Smallville)!
DiCaprio-HardyFan25 March 2021
Superman & Lois is every bit as good as I thought it would be! Admittedly I'm a huge fan of Superhero movies/shows and Superman is my favorite since childhood so I was really looking forward to this since it was announced and it did not disappoint. While Henry Cavill is the best Superman ever (my opinion of course) & Tom Welling (Smallville) was the best on TV, Tyler Hoechlin more than held his own and should make a great Superman/Clark Kent! Some people here are rating this low because they rate everything low and prob haven't watched more than 10min of it, if at all. Why some people go out of their way to hate on something is something I'll never understand. Can't wait for more to come!
45 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I've loved Superman since childhood!
DiCaprio-HardyFan19 June 2021
Superman & Lois is every bit as good as I thought it would be! Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of Superhero movies/shows and Superman (and Batman) has been my favorite since childhood so I was really looking forward to this since it was announced and has not not disappoint. While Henry Cavill is the best Superman ever (my opinion of course) & Tom Welling (Smallville) was the best on TV, Tyler Hoechlin more than held his own and should makes a great Superman/Clark Kent! Some people here are rating this low because they rate everything low and prob haven't watched more than 10min of it, if at all. Why some people go out of their way to hate on something is something I'll never understand. Can't wait for more to come!
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is what a Superman story should be!
mikeypnj22 March 2021
What a refreshing take on Superman again. I finally feel like I'm watching the character I've been reading for the last 30+ years. They get him so right! The cinematography is amazing and it feels like I'm watching a movie each week and not a TV show. I'm so happy CW/WB green lit this show because it's the best Superman portrayal in the last 15 years.
29 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far So good
gymoantwerpen4 June 2021
Great cast, great cinematography. Great story This should be the new standard for superhero series. It feels more like a film than a tv series

The great sense of realism is what makes this one a great show to watch.

Might be excited about this genre again.
15 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I had to check if it went to HBO or is it still a CW production
nalecki24 February 2021
I am not a fan of CW superhero tv series since Smallville production was taken by this network after WB TV and UPN merged. I liked the first season of Arrow but other stuff - I was never into it. But this... This is something different. Fantastic score gives every scene the PROPER - for me at least - Superman vibe - not just the hopeful vibe but kind of a darker tone too. Something close to a sci-fi atmosphere. It's hard to explain. It just fits perfectly and is enriching the show. The conclusion of the first episode wasn't hard to figure out. I was only waiting for it to happen but it's fine. It shows a lot of today's world problems and it "hits the spot" with showing them. I would say that the world looks very realistic. I only don't like the costume that much. I hope they will improve it. The upper part - near shoulders and neck doesn't look natural for Tyler Hoechlin. I didn't feel any excitment seeing him in that costume. But it's the least of problems or may I say - the only that I had with the first episode. Of course it will stick for the rest of the series but I hope they will really improve it for the second one. The show looks promising and I think it's taking a little bit from Smallville's first few seasons. I am curious what will happen to Kent's sons. And that is the most important thing when watching a show - it leaves you with wanting to know what will happen next. Don't want to give any details about the story but I hope that the hero part will only be Clark's part if you know what I mean. I don't want this to turn into another pseudo-Justice League flick. It's a show about Superman and let it be about THE Superman and his wife Lois Lane - THE one and only - Clark Kent, the one and only Lois Lane. Good job. It's nice that it's on HBO GO.
75 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic series - CW take note of it
markjohnevans7911 June 2021
This is a genuinely, honest to god brilliant superhero show on a par with the best. Although it's part of (technically) the 'Arrowverse' it's so far beyond that soap opera nonsense. A nice budget, good writing and no soap opera nonsense is what you (CW) can achieve. Keep it up, please.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Superman you've been waiting for
hotrobinproductions23 February 2021
Let's be honest I didn't have any expectations with this show. The CW has done nothing but disappointed us with the last 3 shows they have made (supergirl, black lighting, batwoman) I will say that those shows are getting better though... except for batwoman... but this is off to a solid start and I'm just judging it off the pilot but it does everything, checks the boxes and more. Can't wait for more.
123 out of 191 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
NO Woke BS pure emotions...
ShreyamReviews24 February 2021
Watched 1st episode after ton (literally) of research(trailer/promo/commentary etc.) cause it had CW name in it and I was not so confident in their products lately,,,, but this is looking good though
139 out of 219 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Woww
james-hockey9816 June 2021
What an incredible show so far I am loving it it's so good.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superman show we've all been waiting
Greg_S8314 June 2021
A masterpiece! The best Superman show since the originals.
this really good
aileywilliams14 June 2021
I didn't really know what i was expecting with this show but it wasn't this, i really like the way they put this really powerful superhero and made him deal with real problems.
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
How about that fast pace?! :-)
quidox9 March 2021
I hadn't heard of this show until it premiered but man was I pleasantly surprised! I think there are so many things to like about this show.

First of all I am over the moon about the fast pace of the show because I am unbelievably feed up with soooo many shows dragging on padding the runtime of a weak script with slow scenes, music montages etc. This show has really tight editing and moves a long with fast momentum. Love that.

Also as someone else here mentioned it's a relief for a change to see other human dynamics. Brothers try to support each other and not just rival. Husband and wife support each other and communicate open and constructively instead of the overused cliches of man being bottled up, wife nagging/attacking etc. Other characters also seem to be shown individually with more nuances. Also really like this.

I'll admit I'm in it mostly for the display of Superman's powers 'cause I've always been most fascinated by this superhero - so I am really hoping for more of these scenes preferably not with that lame kryptonite in every other one. It's too easy a gift for lazy writing. Always bugged me. But anyway so far I'm rooting for this show. Bigly! :)
24 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good opening Episode. A CW show worth watching, who would have thought.
jester-4056424 February 2021
Being that this is a Berlanti CW show I was NOT expecting much. The Arrowverse shows are all unwatchable now - with the exception of Stargirl, which Berlanti had nothing to do with.

With that being said, I was pleasantly surprised here. Visually its a treat and both the actors playing Lois & Clark do a good job and have nice chemistry. The story and dialogue are pretty good for the most part (its a very basic premise) with only small amounts of the expected CW cringe, which was a welcome change from them.

Some highlights were - the opening montage of Clark's life, the chat between Clark & Martha, the Sam Lane scenes & the fight which went half way around the world - and went from night to day. It was very well executed.

Some things I didn't like - Jordan was extremely annoying and unlikable for majority of the episode. Being an introverted loner doesn't mean you get a free pass to be a d*ck to everyone. Also, they made Kyle way too angry. It should have been a more toned down performance. *Edit - Great to see this has been worked on as the seasons progressed.

Curious what the season has planned. Would be great if Cyborg Superman (a robotic looking Tyler), Eradicator and Steel all appeared. **Edit - 1 of my favorites has joined the cast. 2 more to go! :)
71 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So far, so...Good?
Darwinskid12 March 2021
The 'Arrowverse' as its called has not been in that good of shape in recent memory - The Flash, Black Lightening, and Legends of Tomorrow have all gotten very stale, Arrow's last two seasons were not very impressive, Supergirl's 'woke' factor has gotten to so big the show has almost no real story driving it anymore, and Batwoman has been terrible since its start and it somehow finds its way to get even worse as it goes on...Now I could take a moment to give praise to Stargirl, but...Different universe. Still DC and part of the multiverse, but not Arrowverse. Anyway, I liked Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in the second season of Supergirl, but the more appearances he made the less impressive he was, even during the Crisis event from 2019-2020 he appeared much less, well, super compared to Brandon Routh(as another version of the Man of Steel). Still, we have not seen a live-action Superman series in 20 years(Yes, Smallville is turning 20 this year) and the trailers raised my interest a little. The first ten minutes of its premiere won me over, and so far, with three episodes in, I am going to stick around. There are some questions of continuity concerning how the Arrowverse has played out thus far, but honestly given the less than stellar output of it in recent memory, the more detached it seems it is for the better. Didn't think Tyler Hoechlin would've effectively pulled off playing a dad to two teenagers given his age but he's made it work just fine so far. Hoechlin and Tulloch's chemistry is superb, their Clark and Lois dynamic is some of the best seen in recent memory, and better yet there seems to be a real storyline going on here that could warrant a full season of television. I must also praise the cinematography and the visual style of the series, not only is it quite detached from the aesthetic of the rest of the Arrowverse shows, but it feels like a good blend of Richard Donner and Zack Snyder. Remember though, still technically set in the same continuity of the woeful Batwoman and the gone-off-the-rails other shows, and given that The CW has a reputation for valuing politics over storytelling and always bringing down the maturity of the storytelling of their products, so enjoy the good while it lasts - hopefully, it sticks around a lot longer.
43 out of 64 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Superman show!
feuyoque5 June 2021
This is a great Superman show! I really enjoy the writing, acting, special effects and action. I had given up on CW superhero shoes because the special effects are always lame and the writing and acting are super cheesy. This show is above all of those shows. The cast is amazing and the effects feel like movie quality effects, plus the story is outside of the usual superhero box. I look forward to watching many seasons of this show.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Smallville?
graham-939-97163510 March 2021
Darker than Smallville... But three episodes in and I'm hooked... Let's hope it keeps up the pace... So far so good...
20 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please Don't Screw Up!
olkan_gndgu199626 May 2021
Fineally watched last episode today and I can say enjoyed this show a lot. As I am a Superman fan so good to see Clark taking care his family also responsibility. I m just waiting season 2. Also Tyler Hoechlin is good Superman I don't care what people says. My only wish don't screw up!
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superb Family Drama
speakers-705443 May 2021
I normally would not watch a show with this premise, but so happy I took a chance on the pilot! This is a superb family drama and will go down as one of the best Superman shows/movies and story arcs of all time. Thank you to the writers for creating real, complex characters with interesting challenges. The acting is so compelling and touching. The relationship between the brothers is something we rarely see: teenage boys with real, complex mature emotions who will even support each other and their family. This show has been a big, wonderful surprise. Hopefully it will run for many seasons to come!
12 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.