The Amityville Harvest (2020) Poster

Do not watch
keygamergirl2 January 2021
Absolute worse movie I have possibly ever seen. As a horror enthusiast, was excited to give it a try, I should have read reviews first. Terrible production, too much edgy filtering, terrible makeup, acting could've been worse but I couldn't even finish the movie as it was that bad, don't waste your time or money.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
michaelmason1121 October 2020
How in any way this is connected to the other films in the series is beyond me. The acting, effects, and plot are absolute trash disguised behind what seems like a high quality production. The creators of this film have lost the plot, quite literally. One and a half hours completely wasted, time I could have used doing absolutely anything else would have been more enjoyable.

It's movies like this that make me wish there was some form of punishment for the makers, maybe having to sit through this twice.

0.2/10 (0.2 for Otis's performance, truly hilarious)
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You're kidding, right?
ravenhair70211 November 2020
Couldn't finish it. It was THAT bad. My wife and I rented this from a Redbox at Publix and saw that it was a Lionsgate film. We were sold right there. How bad could it be? Painfully bad, my friends. The acting was a joke as was the plot. I don't want to use spoilers...it's just not my thing. I've seen other Amityville movies and this one did not fit. I appreciate the director of this film trying to put a spin on this...but...no. Fail...EPIC fail. I saw the whole 9 reviews. 2 of them were 10's. Don't buy into it, folks. They are fake reviews made by either the directors or producers or members of their families. This is pure garbage. Do NOT waste you time or money on this. Peace.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As bad as it gets
kennyk0024 October 2020
Why Lionsgate & Grindhouse choose to distribute some truly terrible movies doesn't make much sense. I rarely give a 1/10 rating but this was so difficult to watch, it was 93 minutes too long. Every absolute thing about this movie was terrible, it was like a version of House on Haunted Hill but 100 times worse. Afterwards i watched the new Tremors movie which was an Academy Award winner compared to this nonsense.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
catiewedlake22 October 2020
Terrible quality terrible movie dont waste your time has nothing to do with any of the other ones
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Movies like this makes me wonder
neuroticpeacecorpse3 April 2021
Do people get payed to make this movie?

Do people pay to see this movie?
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total Trash
tinahale-2510916 November 2020
I don't even know where to begin. It immediately grabs your attention when you see the word Amityville so they know how to get your drawn to buy it and YES, I bought it. NOTHING to do with Amityville!!!!! The acting was HORRIBLE and the plot made no sense at all. Don't waste your money. It went into my pile of "total trash" DVDs and I have a collection because seems like that is all they make these days.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Corny
kritchy-9051826 October 2020
Terribly done movie bad acting corny and not scary at all. Super disappointed
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Can I get my 5.99 back?
tkjohanson3 November 2020
I only rented this because Kyle Lowder was in it. Trailer made it look more interesting than it actually was. Waste of time. Storyline didn't seem to relate at all. Felt like I was watching several types of horror films in one. No relation to the real Amityville Horror movie. Some pretty bad acting by some of the actors/actresses. Not worth the $5.99 rental.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great question
vougzy1 May 2021
I often think the same way. If they do get payed. It 100% min wage.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than most new Amityville's
kbtoys10016 January 2021
As another reviewer said, viewing a post-millenium Amutyville film you need to keep your expectations low.

Released around the same time as Dustin Ferguson's abysmal Amityville Toybox and Amityville Clownhouse, I was expecting this to be only marginally better. My hopes were a little higher (High Hopes, get it?...) when I saw Lionsgate put this out.

The good: -Production values are low but MUCH higher than all the other new 'Amityville ____" movies. -There's some decent gore -It's not boring like most new Amityville movies

The bad -Literally zero to do with Amityville except the town. -Ending is uninspired

Overall if you want to watch a generic haunting movie you could do a lot worse. Just don't expect an actual Amityville Horror storyline
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually? Not that bad.
queeroid16 December 2020
Literally any film can slap "Amityville" onto its title, so there is very little horror fans have come to expect from those that do so. By no means, though, does this one deserve a one star rating. If you're looking for the true lower echelon of Amityville films, then try Amityville Death House (2015), Amityville: Vanishing Point (2016), Amityville: No Escape (2016), Amityville: Evil Never Dies (2017), Amityville Exorcism (2017), or Amityville: Mt. Misery Rd. (2018). (I have yet to watch Amityville Vibrator (2020), but, uh... I expect you can add that to the list as well.) Comparing those abominations to this film? It's a solid, good quality b-movie with not-so-bad acting and a story of its own. Granted, "Amityville" should _not_ be in the title and if you're expecting anything related to the haunting to be in this film, then you _will_ be disappointed. But if you can look past the blatant cash grab, a story about a film production crew who end up staying in a historical house with its very pale owner might be of interest to you.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amityville is still haunting
shagee797725 October 2020
The Amityville Harvest is Writer/Director Thomas J Churchill journey into the long running franchise.

The premise in this installment is original. A documentary crew set up in a creepy mansion to do research on its liquor smuggling sketchy history. The documentary team is led by Christina (Sadie Katz). I was at first apprehensive when I read it was a documentary crew. I panicked and thought was a found footage. Thank god was not. Okay now back to review.

They are there to interview the creepy Vincent Miller, who is a vampire. The interview is about what really happened to Abraham Lincoln. But problems arise immediately. Issues of sound and picture of him are impossible. Then mysterious encounters soon happen to the members of the team.

Vincent's creep factor, surroundings and company he keeps are all fun ingredients of what's ahead. Vincent even owns the local funeral parlor. Wandering around are his mute funeral parlor assistant and demons in every corner murdering people.

The standout performance here is Vincent played by Kyle Lowder. He is one freaking creepy actor. Everyone did a great job. Sound lightning and the creature effects were really good. Story and Direction were really well done. For a series that's has been getting worse and worse with every entry this was a breath of fresh air.
2 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A New Twist on a Horror Franchise that will Leave You Gasping for Breath !
timodo22 October 2020
International Star Sadie Katz leads a Fine Team of Actors & Actresses in Thomas J. Churchill's "The Amityville Harvest " ! She Stars as 'Christina' , who along with her Teenage Sister 'Nancy' , portrayed by Lovely Young Alexa Pallerin , & Her Loyal Crew visit an Old Mansion attached to a Funeral Home for a Documentary . Kyle Lowder is Hauntingly Intimidating as 'Vincent Miller' , the Owner , who along with Yan Birch as 'Clyde' , Icon Eileen Dietz as the frail & feeble 'Mrs. O'Brien , & assorted attendants & Minions ! Christina's Film Crew Consists of Ultra-Gorgeous Johanna Rae as 'Janet' , Paul Logan as 'Robbie' , Brandon Allan Smith as 'Cosmo' , Eva Ceja as 'Lexi' , & George W. Scott as 'Ottis' , who brings the Light-Hearted Levity Needed to get US through the Fright-Filled Film ! Then there's Keavy Bradley , who with Her Blonde Hair , Light Skin , & Dark Eyes cuts a Stunning Figure as 'Lana' ; & Beautiful & Sensual-Beyond-Compare Julie Anne Prescott portrays the Kinky Sex-Seeking Sex-Kitten 'Ditta' , who along with Her Lover-De-Jure 'Frankie' , a role fit handsomely by Nicholas Waters . Attempt the much sought after , But often Ends in Disaster , Funeral-Home-Tryst ! Despite all these winsome ladies in the Movie , there's No Nudity & No Excess Blood & Gore , although it does have its Fair Share , making it a Fine Film to Watch along with Your Fear & Fright Seeking Family , Friends , & Neighbors ! It's well worth the few shekels that you have to plunk down to Watch ; & should be Savored like a Fine Wine &/Or a Nice Goblet of Blood !
1 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
IT'S a fun ride
mikentwana9 February 2021
Great indie horror with great cast the Director is dope and the cinematography is sickkk
0 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.