Oh My Kadavule (2020) Poster

An engaging feel good romantic ride
blasterdeen15 February 2020
Dir Ashwath Marimuthu has come up with a romantic comedy genre film which is high on engagement and entertainment. Ashok Selvan and Rithika Singh has nailed the show with their outstanding performances. Vani bhojan as a debut actress delivered a decent work. Vijay Sethupathi's extended cameo appearance is enjoyable throughout the film. MS Baskar & Sha Ra has done their parts well. Leon James has delivered a remarkable work with feel good songs and excellent background scores. what happen when two best friends get marry without any love feelings on each other? what happens if someone meet his childhood crush after the marriage? what happens if someone get a second chance to make his life better and beautiful? Go and watch Oh My Kadavule on theaters. it has something special which will make you feel good definitely!
10 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertainment
rilshadanoosha2 April 2020
Very good movie enjoyable. Ashok selvam always Selecting good movies
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is the best tamil film in the last decade
anandsdk15 February 2020
The casting and direction is just flawless. You will definitely be happy and smile after the film is over. This was one of those films that you would feel it should just go on and never end. Just happy that a message is passed out to all about the importance of realizing the value of those around you and how good and pure friendship is. Please do watch this film.
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lovely
yuvidrlngtm8 September 2020
This was the only movie I had rated 10 out of 10 in recent times... Music n story performances are outstanding in this movie. Don't miss it guys
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved the concept!
Addythakur039 August 2020
I still remember that day when I was at Zee5 and had two options in front of me. Oh my kadavule and Amrutharamam. And I fell for some Highly appreciating reviews of Amrutharamam & missed this one. I regretted watching that movie. But.. 3 months later.. Finally I watched this. Oh my kadavule!!! A engaging feel good ride with a good message, lots of hilarious moments and no Vulgar scenes. Performances are really good, accompanied by sweet background score. I really loved the Concept of the movie. It's very well written and directed. Castings are also great, especially loved the character of Vijay Setupathi sir.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Reply To Those Giving Bad reviews
hiteshanand-5080611 May 2020
It was your opinion that you didn't liked the movie but calling it mediocre, and those who are liking this movie as mediocre audience. Please It was your Opinion that you didn't liked this movie but most of People liked it but that doesn't make it mediocre just because you think it is. Stop thinking whatever you people think is Right all the time.Even I can say that you're Backward audience that you didn't liked this movie.So Stop Spreading Hate.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Second Chance
shaganshahsuriya8 June 2020
An enchanting endeavour to remind all men out there who proposed /said Yes in first place that there is an another chance to make their relationship /life beautiful again
Good screenplay...
kamalbeeee11 March 2020
The film is fantasy genre like time travelling,moreover the screenplay is awesome...concept of the film is whether u can marry a girl bestie or not...nice story and some scenes are soo good.
Must watch movie
amrithasd10 March 2020
I found that the genre of the film shown as Comedy, It's the best love film I watched in my recent times .And every character has all been set right, I loved the role of Vijay sethupathy and all other actors too, A must watch film
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feel good and emotional romantic comedy
mvinoth-912507 March 2020
A breezy romantic movie after long time. Excellent acting by Ashok and Ritika and the chemistry between them is superb. Movie carries an important message with loads of funny scenes. must watch.
Good entertainer
vkl-373726 March 2020
A good family entertainer with mixture of all entertaining elements like love, lust, comedy, friemdship, magic, tragical no boring scenes No vulgar scenes/Dialogues must watch movie for loving couples and newly married couples
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect film about 'Marrying your best friend '
rish200624 February 2020
That's what the movie is all about - marrying your best friend. The film shows true facts about this kind of marriage - whether it will work or it will be awkward or whether it was good or bad decision to marry your best friend and lot of stuff. This film clearly shows the challenges and how it takes a while to see you spouse as a 'Spouse material ' after being seeing him/her as a close friend Since childhood. Overall, this was a great Rom-Com.
must watch!!!
siddarthram18 February 2020
Really good new age love story which was really intresting to watch.it also has a fantasy element which will intrest you in the movie even more.....so go watch it in theatres near you right now!!!!!
Unexpected amazing romcom
akc3616 February 2020
Trailers and critics before watching the movie prepared my mind to expect an 6/10 average flick. But it turned out so good, a 'chill' relaxing romantic comedy. They could have filled this typical plot with lots of song sequences but no they didn't. Every frame was filled with love, i mean the properties and location, set, altogether. I will compare the visuals to 'unnale unnale'.. Ritika singh could have never been so been so much mesmerising than this. What a doll she is. Critics say there are few lags, well i don't see any. May be it all depends on age and potency to admire cuteness in wholesome - BGM, Cast, Visuals.
A perfect romcom!
sunilsihag-5056322 March 2021
How can it not with such interesting characters, amazing screenplay, and an almost flawless script?

Do yourself a favour and watch this gem.
Beautiful Romance
nellaisundeep4 August 2020
Beautiful Romance Movie, Must watch movie !

U will really love it :)

Watched it today 4.Aug.2020, not sure how I missed this in theatres.
One of the best
majid-zz11127 June 2020
After a long wait, watched the "Oh My Kadavule" movie and absolutely loved it.
Feel good entertainer
MichaelMKR28 May 2020
Tamil cinema needs many movies like this.

Fresh concept, remakes on the way.

Excellent screenplay and good acting by all lead actors
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its a Ex or Divorcee Movie!
harishmadireddi7 May 2020
This movie has to be a mirror whoch shows perspective difference between two persons of opposite genders. Must appreciate the editing and screenplay of executing so much visual stuff at just 2hr 20 minutes which is crisp and tight without wasting much time on comedy, set songs etc. When it comes to acting, meera was stunning, u will fall for her. Hero was decent and up to mark and thanks to the director for giving a oppurtunity to think otherside of a coin. Vijay sethupathi - 😍 as usuall.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A really good feel good Romantic comedy.
aravindstvm26 March 2020
A feel good Romantic comedy movie with good acting from main leads.Even though main concept is copied from a hindi movie Bhag Jhonny. The director had brilliantly tweaked it according to his story. Over all a nice experience viewing this movie. Songs by Leon James especially the kadha Poma sang by Sid Sriram was beautifully.We may think if we get a chance to take our old decisions or choices once more what will be our future. But actually if the decisions or choice if we had made otherwise would have been much worser than the choice we made those times. A cute movie I will give 7/10.
Overrated Cringe Fest.
akhildevad-6647314 March 2020
I would've given 5 stars but 8.3 is way more than what the movie deserves.

There is only one reason I decided to watch this movie - Rithika. I was a big fan of her after watching Irudhi Suttru. Then I watched Aandavan Kattalai. Her acting was decent and natural. Then I saw this. To be honest, I didn't like this movie at all.

First of all, the story is nothing new. We've seen this a lot of times before. Even the god giving second chance concept too. Ashok Selvan (Arjun) is the new king of over acting. He ruins whatever was good in the movie. It's funny how his character is portrayed as a talented actor in the movie. This movie proves that Rithika is only as good as her director. She is good, but requires a talented director to bring that talent out of her.

The writing of the movie was so bad it made me cringe a lot. The quarrel in the lift shows Aswath Marimuthu have no idea how to do it right.
11 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heavily inspired from the Hollywood classic "Its a wonderful movie (1946)"
arjunrajkss8 March 2020
Overall the movie felt okay but the entire concept of God interference reminded me of the classic English movie It's a wonderful life. So I wasn't able to enjoy it thoroughly because it's heavily inspired of Its a wonderful life(1946)
7 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Overrated, Ordinary cheesy movie for mediocre fans
ananthragi16 March 2020
Watched this movie just because of the over hype. totally disappointed after watching it.Most of the scenes the hero was over acting. VJS cameo didnt help much either.Just made for mediocre fans with average content.
10 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feels like an annoying whatsapp message
skraina-5195527 February 2020
You already know every things you see in this movie, copied major things from foreign movies but foreign movies were good, fun and gave satisfaction.
7 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Feel good movie
shinedr7 March 2020
A feel good movie that will satisfy the masses.Go and watch the movie without any hesitation
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.