The Addams Family 2 (2021) Poster

They didn't capture the essence of this family
christina_death2 October 2021
These cartoons should have a distinct goth vibe along with comedy. This just doesn't capture what it should. Less bouncy pop/hip hop music that doesn't fit with The Addams family and no inane pop culture references that will get old fast and lose all meaning. Do you really need lines about squad goals and totes taking selfies? Companies that make these don't seem to understand that kids would completely understand a darker version of this.

Comedian and writer Melissa Hunter used to do a youtube series called Adult Wednesday Addams where she played the now grown up Wednesday. It was funny and original. Although other people now uploaded it on youtube again she herself was forced to delete everything from her channel by whoever is in charge of The Addams Family brand. It was extremely popular with Addams Family fans. I would love to know how she was hurting the brand with her original stories and her great dark humor, but these cartoons with their ridiculousness aren't?
26 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and we were glad it was over when it was done
psxp2 October 2021
I watched this with kids and we all didn't really get into this this one. The first one was much much better, but this was feeling very disjointed and the jokes were lame/not funny. I was expecting it to be much better, unfortunately it wasn't.

I think the only fun scene was Niagara Falls , and only because we know that area so it was interesting.
20 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Storyline is so so
ilovefoodcoma1 October 2021
Family night out. I asked my kids how was the movie. They didn't like it.... The storyline wasn't that interesting. They didn't laugh at any of the humor. Nowadays, so many animation movies, they have to have a good script to get kids attention.
17 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it was so bad.
airbvrnx6 October 2021
They shout out so many celebs which was so unnecessary. There was so many random scenes with made no sense. There was so many black people which is probably because of blm. There was a scene that said I've been social distancing since birth. I think that kinda has something to due with coronavirus. The movie makes fun of fat people because they made the girl a pig.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boooooring
mntnrider3 October 2021
The narrative was non-existent. A slow droll to the end. I fell asleep twice, as did 2 of the 5 people that joined us. The movie literally was 1.25 hrs long, with Cousin It rapping for the final 10 minutes.

What a shame. We looked forward to this for quite some time.

We have written off the Addams Family in the future and will not return for any sequels. The most horrifying part of this movie, is that there will be another one.
8 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
Hyejin_951 October 2021
The characters were overall enjoyable, retaining the same uniqueness and quirkiness shown in the first movie. Despite the creativity in the sequel, I feel that it was exaggerated in its attempt to be entertaining... with many jokes that were not even funny. The movie felt very disjointed with lots of random scenes that I believe did not make sense. It may be true that a younger audience may be the primary target and so a flow in the storyline may not be important. However, I also did not appreciate some of the scenes showing violence between the siblings (e.g., strangling with a pillow). Again, this may be the Addams family being peculiar but it would have been useful to underline that such behaviour is not to be repeated at home.
11 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BORING.
castro313-101-5185145 October 2021
I rarely ever write reviews but I can say this movie was such a disappointment. I enjoyed the San Antonio part but that was it. The beginning and the end of the movie was... dragging. I kept looking at the time, hoping it was already the 90 minute mark. Do not watch.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
andrewfellenbaum5 October 2021
Went to see it in theater with my 6 year old son, even he wanted to leave before it was over. Maybe some people like it but it was cringey as hell to me. Stupid movie waste of time and money. Oh and there's a progressive insurance ad in the actual movie. Love ads in movies /s...
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Save your money
salvador-aceves4 October 2021
I watched this with my wife and 2 teenage daughters, and we all agreed this movie was horrible.

Storyline just wasn't there, and not engaging at all. There were many times where they tried to be funny, but it came across as just dumb.

Usually during these animated movies, you'll hear people laughing (even at things that aren't really funny). Not this movie. It was completely quiet. Not even the little kids seemed interested.

It is very rare for me to want to get up in the middle of the movie, and just leave. This one made me do just that... We had discounted tickets, and it was still a complete waste.
5 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What Happened?
slh-918683 October 2021
The question I kept asking myself the whole time during this movie - what's happening here? It was as if a team of writers sat in a room all day trying to throw any and every storyline at the wall while trying to see what would stick. This movie felt like it was made in a day. The animation is wonderful, but really, what happened to the storyline here? My family loved the first movie, but this sequel is really disconnected from the first. So many random scenes that didn't make sense to be included. Wednesday's "sibling pranks" on Pugsley were super dark, twisted, and went too far this time. If you're going to adapt this family from real life to animation, it needs to lighten up.

I kind of feel bad for the actors in this movie, the storyline didn't do the characters justice at all. Again, everything felt so forced and disjointed. Watching it felt like trying to wake up from a random dream that you hoped to make sense of later on. Sad that it wasn't better.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing and insulting!
puterdood5 October 2021
This movie is an insult to The Addams Family canon. The weak and uninspiring storyline is the least of the problems. The so-called music is absolutely horrible. The sly nod to Lurch being gay is a complete disgrace and an insult to humanity. What kind of signal is this movie trying to send to our young people. If you have not seen this movie, don't waste your time on it!
8 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The second Addams Family seems a bit too simple made
movieman6-413-9295106 October 2021
The Addams Family on an Adventure is the sequel to The Addams Family from 2019. This sequel is directed by Greg Tiemand and Conrad Vernon, who also directed the first film together.

In the film, the Addams family goes on vacation to improve their family ties. During their adventures, they lack many things that put their family bond to the test.

This sequel feels a bit rushed and seems to copy many elements from the first part and further uses elements from the third Hotel Transylvania movie. For young viewers, some elements such as the feeling of being an outsider may not really appeal to them yet, because they are still too young for this. Because the film jumps from place to place with a new storyline at every new place, younger viewers can lose their concentration.

The comedy is largely intended for younger viewers, because most comedy moves quickly and is not really developed. For mature viewers, there are a few moments of laughter in it, but they aren't that strong. Most humor consists of simple jokes, which can be easily predictable for older viewers.

The animation looks appropriate, but otherwise it doesn't come across as special in the film. This is the same with the voice acting of the movie cast. Most characters are voiced again by the same actors, but because of the simple script they don't really get the chance to do anything special with their roles.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not a good watch, wasted opportunity, disappointed.
bidish145 October 2021
Concept of road trip is good and seeing all the different iconic places/landmarks in animation is fun. Except for Texas no other place really brought in the vibe of the locations though so that is a big disappointment.. The last fight between the Octopus and the Chicken is simply stupid and annoying. Not here to see a Godzilla vs King Kong. The eerie/dark vibe of the Addams Family is missing. Pop music into the mix is fun (especially Snoop Dog) but unfortunately that isn't the kind of music Addams Family fans are expecting. Animation is top notch. The creative team behind this production had a great source material but they've completely ruined it and wasted a precious opportunity. Part 1 wasn't that great but it was way better than this.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Some funny moments but overall pretty poor
coombsstephen16 October 2021
I must admit I didn't hold out high hopes for this film and sadly this proved right. I didn't find it that good as an adult and I doubt children would find it much better.

There were some funny moments in it, which saved it a bit, and the film did rattler through at a reasonable pace. Overall though it was disappointing.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No. Just no.
slvr_lngs10 October 2021
This is the worst movie I've had to sit through in a long time. It wasn't interesting, it wasn't well acted, there was not a single funny line in it. I managed to pass the time by looking at my watch every two minutes to see how much longer it was going to last.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
it was ok !! kinda silly,strong beginning kinda boring ending
lylajosie2 October 2021
The beginning was actually pretty good. It was fun seeing all the places they went to. But it just kinda went down hill. The ending was odd. There was some silly humor that made me laugh. Some weird parts though.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Light on the Cooky
dustinclousher-160022 October 2021
The movie overall was enjoyable, and it visually looked great, had a fun monster battle. The Thing that bothered me was it felt like it wasn't quite hitting the Adams Family vibe, maybe it was lightened up for the kids. Plot was a little thin even for a kids version.
6 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An enjoyable sequel...
paul_haakonsen2 October 2021
Well, if you enjoyed the 2019 animated movie "The Addams Family" then you will most certainly also enjoy this 2021 sequel titled "The Addams Family 2".

It was quite enjoyable to see that the animated movie kept the originality, humor and odd art style that was seen in the 2019 movie, which made for a great sense of familiarity and continuity.

The storyline told in "The Addams Family 2" is spooky and ooky - see what I did there? Yup, the storyline was one that was every bit as fun and enjoyable as it was something that certainly had that particular Addams Family magic to it. There is something for the entire family to be enjoyed here in this 2021 animated movie, kids and adults alike.

It should be said that the art style is quirky, but I found it to be rather enjoyable. And yeah, the art style definitely match the oddity that is the Addams Family, so it was spot on yet again. The animation is good and fluid, and there is an abundance of great details to be noticed in the scenes, which does make for an interesting second viewing of the movie.

There is a good amount of fun and laughs throughout the course of the entire movie.

With "The Addams Family 2" being an animated movie, of course having a good voice cast is crucial. And believe you me, they certianly had that with this one. The voice actors and actresses were so well-cast for the individual roles, and it was quite an impressive ensemble, with the likes of Oscar Isaac, Charlize Theron, Chloë Grace Moretz, Nick Kroll, Bette Midler, Bill Hader and Wallace Shawn.

"The Addams Family 2" is an animated movie that certainly is watchable for Halloween, just as it an animated movie that just as easily can be enjoyed the rest of the year. Me and my family were genuinely entertained by this 2021 animated movie.

My rating of "The Addams Family 2", from directors Greg Tiernan, Conrad Vernon and Laura Brousseau lands on a six out of ten stars.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Movie Schlager
pbstarman4 October 2021
The animation is superb. There is some good humor in the movie. Overall, it is completely lame and forgettable. The weird creatures toward the end were just too much.....hard to watch.

I kept really wanting to like this movie but I didn't....save your money and skip this or watch it for free on a streaming service.. so you are not mad at yourself for paying to watch it. I am only giving it 4 stars due to some laughs and quality animation.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did Not Do a Thing For Me... Like At All..
Clank_Zoka9 October 2021
Okay, I am not too familiar with Addams Family that much, I have only seen the 2019 animated movie and it was... meh, very bland, boring, unfunny and just average as heck, the animation is fine, I did laugh a few times and got some enjoyment and the voice acting is really good, but it didn't convince me that the family are word and kooky in a good way, but now we have... *sighs* a sequel.., how original and it's a road trip movie too...., okay, so I saw it today since it came out yesterday in UK and..., it was awwwwful, really boring and pretty lifeless which left no impact on me at all, so let's talk about it.

The story is hugely problematic, it seems to have more then one plot, one is Wednesday (Chloë Grace Moretz) seeing if she is not an actual Addams and if her father is actually Cyrus Strange (Bill Hader), the other is Pugsley (Javon Walton) trying to find love with help from Fester (Nick Kroll) while Gomez (Oscar Isaac) and Morticia (Charlize Theron) enjoy their road trip and keep Wednesday from finding out about Strange, yeah you know how this'll end..., this is the most boring, average and cliched story you can imagine, what's worse is that you know the lesson in the end and it's so obvious, even if the story changes at the third act, it's also not very funny at all, I only got fo laughs and mainly chuckles, but a lot of it is cringey and painful to sit through, even with a few semi-entertainment moments, it's just annoying, loud and pointless moments, even with Strange's reason of wanting Wednesday is dumb, like super dumb, the animation looks no different from the first movie, not awful but very ugly (not the fun kind, the unintentional kind) and very bland to look at, it's very basic animation and it reminded me too much of Hotel Transylvania (and in some cases made me wish I was watching that instead...), the characters are annoying and just did nothing for me at all, even though Strange is a bit more interesting then the villain from the first movie, he's still stupid and dumb for his reasons..., along with a underwhelming score by Mychael and Jeff Danna who are usually making incredible scores, this is not one of their best, hell the song choices are obviously and pandering....

However there are just a few things that are just okay, the animation is decent with it's kooky look and cartoony style, Thing, Lurch and Fester did make me chuckle a little, but the voice actors do the best they could and they all do a great job especially Bill Hader and Oscar Isaac, I did find the third act a bit and I repeat a BIT interesting but since the writing isn't that great, it lost me at it's logic..., but that's as good as it gets.

Yeah, I kinda hate this movie and that's coming from someone who found the first movie boring and forgettable, this is 10 times worse, Addams Family 2 is a example of a sequel done poorly, with it's weak and dumb writing, painful modern humour, a story you don't care about along with the same ugly animation and enjoy less characters, even the music is underwhelming, even if the animation is okay looking, the voice acting is very good and I laughed a little, it's just too dumb and rubbish for me to appreciate it, oh who am I kidding I don't see anyone enjoying this, but if you like the family or the first movie then...., go watch it?, kids might like but might be a snooze fest for the adults, just skip it as my recommendation, I'm sure anything else other then the two animated movies are better, but hey I don't know that for sure, but I do know how to be bored by the family and these movie prove that!.

I'm giving this hot rubbish of a film a 2.6/10.
Addam poor effort...
CinemaSerf8 October 2021
Whilst I didn't actually hate this film, I really left the cinema wondering just who it was made for? The youngsters at the screening were soon bored and though there are a few jokes hidden away for the adults, we were not long in following them down this path of colourfully animated, but really pretty lacklustre ennui. The story centres around "Wednesday" being lured by a mad scientist to share her body transfer formula with him. To achieve this end, he tries to convince her that she is not a true "Addams" and this tests all the family bonds and loyalties. The best scenes belong to "Lurch" - doing his best Gloria Gaynor on the piano in a bar full of maladjusted bikers, but otherwise it really is a pretty dull experience that shows off the animators art well, but much less so that of the screenwriters, the director or, particularly, the acting talents of Charlize Theron, Oscar Isaac or even the sparing appearances of "Grandma" (Bette Midler). I did quite like their motor-home though...
Fun dark movie
scott-824436 October 2021
Read some reviews here and went in thinking this would be awful. It must be I have different sense of humour because I really enjoyed this movie. Definitely not one of best I've seen, but worth my time. Some themes not really appropriate for kids, but (with exception of some murder and violence) not nearly as bad as a lot out there. I don't understand some of the other reviews at all.
Hollow and generic
guskeller4 October 2021
Movies targeted towards children are often basic, cheap, and pointless. The Addams Family 2 is a prime example. While this production markets familiar characters with interesting traits, they are woefully underutilized. Many problems plague this film but the most glaring issue is the lack of a clear goal. Yes, there is an overarching plot that contemplates the meaning of family, but that is forced and formulaic. Meanwhile, several scenes are detours that contribute nothing to that larger narrative. Consequently, the story is a stale patchwork that reduces our beloved characters to bystanders in their own movie.

Beyond that, The Addams Family 2 offers very little from a filmmaking perspective. The cinematography is occasionally interesting but hardly redeeming. The editing is underdone (likely due to scant material). The soundtrack is just wrong because it prioritizes contemporary pop over setting a specific tone. The production design is surprisingly bland for a film about such stylish characters. Lastly, the CGI looks cheap, lacking the detail of current animated movies. This all gives The Addams Family 2 a hollow and generic feel that undercuts whatever slight impact it could've had. Undoubtedly, this is a film worth skipping.

Writing: 2/10 Direction: 1/10 Cinematography: 6/10 Acting: 4/10 Editing: 3/10 Sound: 5/10 Score/Soundtrack: 3/10 Production Design: 4/10 Casting: 6/10 Effects: 3/10

Overall Score: 3.7/10.
Walked Out
lancehargitt4 October 2021
My wife and I left after about 30 minutes. I have better things to do with two hours.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So not halal mode
superlitmario3 October 2021
Terrible.... Wtf has Addams Family come to?

Waste of time. Zero.
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.