Open Season 2 (Video 2008) Poster

(2008 Video)

Not even close, the first one was way better
mergatroid-128 January 2009
The first movie in this series was pretty funny. A nice lady spoils a funny bear. Bear is befriended by a funnier deer. Bear gets run out of town, but open season is upon them.

The really funny stuff is when all the forest animals get back at the hunters.

The sequel does not occur during open season, so why they called it Open Season 2 is beyond me. Other than having the same characters it has nothing to do with open season.

The story is kind of lame (Mr Weenie is taken back by his owners and the forest animals go off to find him).

To top it all off, Ashton Kutcher is not playing Elliot, and the guy who replaces him (Joel McHale) is nowhere near as good at it.

I had not read much about this movie before picking it up, and had an idea it might have something to do with the hunters coming back for revenge (thus Open Season 2). Once I saw the cover though, I knew it would be more cute than funny.

The rest of the animal characters are pretty cool. The poodle Fifi was down right scary, reminded me of Hannibal. Of course Georgette Franklin Baxter as Mr Weenie's owner is always a treat.

Sure, go ahead and buy it for the kids, but this time the adults might want to find something else to do while the kids watch.
11 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Very disappointing
rjr_uk17 May 2009
I loved the first open season, for me its not just for kids, there was a sense of intelligence about the whole storyline, I found it funny and very easy to follow, Ashton kutcher being Elliot made it even better! There is just something about his voice that's funny. But after watching this, its like a totally different sort of film, the whole thing is all over the place with scenes cutting in quickly, different sorts of music accompanying the script, its just makes it so hard to follow, a complete mess in my opinion. There was nothing intelligent about this film at all and yes maybe a kid may enjoy the colour and the silliness but its a complete let down from my prospective. The actual script itself is just so silly and makes no sense, the one other major huge let down is that Ashton Kutcher is no where to be heard, the character Elliot is no longer funny, the voice is just a bit flaccid and has no edge or likability factor. One other thing I must mention is also the animation quality seems to have suffered as well, there is just something off about the scenes where it doesn't seem no where near enjoyable visually then the first one.

My advice would be if you enjoyed for the first one like I did then don't bother watching this and just keep the memory of the original.
11 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Rent don't buy
Bram Van Rompaey6 January 2009
I'm an animator myself... so thereby an animation geek. I really liked the first open season movie. Didn't love it.... but liked it. When I saw it again a couple of weeks ago I thought it didn't feel as good as it did the first time. The story isn't just good enough to watch more then once... maybe twice. But I absolutely loved the look and design of the film. So when Open Season 2 was lying in the shelfs at the local DVD store I bought it right away. Hoping it would be as good or hopefully better then the first one. Just a nice animated film with some humor. I expected nothing more nothing less. But Open season 2 is a real let down. All I can say is that it feels like the just didn't rewrite the script. Stuck with all there first ideas and just rushed it out the door. Even the animation doesn't feel as solid as the first movie. It had some funny moments and some really nice characters. But it wasn't worth the money I paid for it. Maybe kids will love this... but as an adult... just don't expect to see a movie that will have the extra layer so you to can enjoy it as much as your kid would. Still... Boog the bear... for me is one of the best designs of a bear ever.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Most disappointing sequel of my entire life!
Naylie27 January 2009
For the longest time, I've been a fan of the original Open Season movie, but this sequel kills it! One year after the first one, Elliot and Giselle are about to get married, but their wedding ceremony has been hold off when Mr. Weenie is capture by his owners and hold hostage by a group of dogs and cats. It's up to them to save Mr. Weenie before it's too late! This sequel doesn't stand up to the first movie that well. Story was too rushed, characters didn't act like their normal selves (most of them didn't) and the animation was okay, but the dialogue grew pretty bland.

Open Season is no Disney movie, but I think Sony Pictures could of try to do better if it wasn't in a hurry to be made. Lots of animated take time to be made, but sequels shouldn't if the fans want more. Parts in it were a little bit boring but not so much interesting. I thought I was watching more of a quick short than to be focusing on a one single movie. The time in it was too fast! I would suggest renting if you guys know what's best for you. Don't buy! You don't need to waste money on it even if you're a fan of the original like I am!
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
nothing for children or adults
eagleroost8 May 2009
With Open Season 1 being so original and full of laughs, this sequel is such a sad disappointment. We laughed ten times during the 60 second preview scenes from Open Season 1 and maybe three times in all of #2. The plot is a very trite adult theme of fear of commitment before getting married. Kids don't care about this theme and adults have seen it a million times. Blah, blah, boring. Lets see, a but* crack joke- so funny, never seen it before. What passes for humor in the other plot line is some sort of play on military torture- is this funny for anyone- especially kids? There was a creative pet paradise setting-umm that's it. What a wasted evening.
12 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The worst animation movie ever
mahmoud elkotb22 March 2010
This is by FAR the worst animation movie ever created by man. its also a horrible sequel to an OK movie. i think it is a Wayan brothers movie but with animation. all the stupid jokes about food, farts, sex, homosexuality and other mind numbingly stupid stuff. in fact you can see how bad this movie by watching just the first 5 min. this is the worst way you wan spend your time either if you are a child or an adult. technically, this movie doesn't have anything to keep you watching it till the end, you do not know exactly what you are supposed to do, who should you like and how you want this movie to end. and these are the basics for any animation movie that is aimed at children, youngsters and animation loving adults.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Not the best, but it's fun
Joel Ralph4 December 2008
I love animated movies, I really do, they seem to have a genuinely happy feel to them, so when I sat down to this movie I had already seen the first open season, and I knew that there were different voice actors and the first one wasn't brilliant, so I just expected it to be a mediocre movie with a few laughs here and there.

I was surprised, because I really enjoyed it.

When compared with Madagascar 2, it doesn't stand up at all, but in its own right it is a very fun movie with some hilarious moments, mainly involving the white furball poodle type dog with the most amazing voice actor for the character.

I don't want to give anything away, but that character alone could keep me entertained for a few hours.

The animation is OK, there are points where it is great, and points where it looks like it was made in the 80s by a schoolkid, but generally it is OK, it does the job, and that is all that matters.

The voice acting is top notch, especially considering 2 of the characters (Boog and Elliot) have been voiced by different people, I honestly thought that it was Martin Lawrence voicing Boog, so hats off to Mike Epps.

The story is simple but effective. It simply tells the story of a daschund called Mr Weeny who was with the "gang" after escaping from his owners, which are an over loving woman and a guy that wasn't concentrated on very much.

Basically Mr Weeny gets found by her again, and Elliott sees her pick Mr Weeny up and he thinks she is hurting him, and the movie starts on their journey to find Mr Weeny.

There are other sub stories as well, but I don't want to spoil the movie, because although it isn't brilliant, it is still good enough to stick on for a few laughs on the cold winter evenings.

All in all, I gave this 7 out of 10, I would give it 8 but the animation problems knocked it down a point.

If it wasn't for the amazing voice acting and the white poofy poodle thing it would have been much less.

I do recommend it though, if you have nothing else to watch, you will not regret watching this.
10 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Excellent! Huge fun!!!
Luka Boshkovic8 January 2009
Well, I can't say that the story is something to talk about, but the characters are INCREDIBLE, every single one of them is unique, funny, and fits perfectly in the movie. If you didn't like Open Season 1 and you find that a reason not to watch Open Season 2, think again! From hundreds of reasons it is worth of a watch even only to see a cat named Roger, I think that is the most original and the funniest animated character I ever saw in a cartoon! I cant really remember the name of that cat breed that it represents, but in moment I saw the cat I knew what were they trying to say. Every animal in the movie is represented just like it's appearance speaks, but much more deeply and originally.
9 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Ideal family viewing.
Jan Strydom8 December 2008
I came home from work and when I got home I discovered my brother had rented WALL-E and open season 2 and of course decided to watch open season 2 first, and not being familiar with the first one I pretty much enjoyed this film, it had a lot of witty dialog that I actually caught myself laughing out loud, and I found it refreshing to be able to laugh at something that didn't have an over abundance of toilet jokes.

Open season 2 in my mind even though its a kids movie, was definitely a lot of fun, and if asked what would I literally recommend for ideal family viewing? this film would always spring to mind.

Of course WALL-E was also very good and funny, only it had fewer lines but also very good family entertainment.
14 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Normal story, but excellently made funny dialogs
chirag-sangoi30 November 2008
Firstly, I haven't seen Open Season. So when sitting down for the second part, it was a fresh animated movie I was venturing into. The movie started off O.K. and the initial jokes would maybe bring a smile or two. But as the story moved forward, the dialogs got wittier and wittier. So much, that I actually paused the movie in between 2-3 times and had to take a minute to end my laughter. The Owl-like character, whose name evade my memory now, had the best lines put out for him.

The art direction is of a medium quality- not very good and not very bad. Also missing at times, were the facial expressions, which could very well be seen in Disney movies. Although Disney movies go over the top with the sense of caring and motions in between characters, which sometimes makes me puke, Open Season 2 keeps it at a proper place by not going overboard with it. It has a good pace, but too much for little kids to keep up at times. So maybe, I guess the movie makers missed the point in between as to which age group are they actually targeting.

To summarize it all, the movie is good and very much watchable if u keep patience for the initial few minutes and let the movie lead you to better moments ahead.

Recommended! Especially, for all those who like to listen to each and every dialogs. My personal favorite was the one where the conversation is about women grabbing Mr. Weenie and the dogs reacting with enthusiasm in listening to it. hahaha
10 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
The original is a bit bland, but this sequel is less funny and more boring, with the same disappointing animation
Electrified_Voltage8 February 2011
"Open Season", a 2006 Sony Pictures Animation production, turned out to be one of the more polarizing computer animated efforts of the past decade, and knowing that before I finally saw it for the first time just several months ago, four years after it came out, I wasn't surprised when I found it to be a mixture of good and not so good. The quality certainly wasn't enough to make me feel the need to watch this first sequel, "Open Season 2", right away. If the original had been much weaker (or probably even just a little weaker) than it is, I doubt I would have bothered watching this 2008 sequel at all. However, I have now seen it, and unfortunately but unsurprisingly, it can't even match the quality of the somewhat bland original.

Boog the bear and Elliot the mule deer now live in the forest together with several other animal friends. The deer has grown new antlers and is about to get married to Giselle, but before the wedding, he is very upset when he accidentally breaks those antlers. At the wedding, Elliot finds that he isn't quite sure if he wants to marry Giselle anymore. Meanwhile, Mr. Weenie, a domestic dog who escaped into the wild, has found a trail of dog biscuits left by his owners, Bob and Bobbie, and can't resist the temptation to eat them, so he eats along the trail and inevitably gets caught by his owners, who take him away in their RV! When Elliot sees this, he tells the other animals at the wedding, so the ceremony is cut off, and the deer sets out with Boog, Giselle, and several other animals that live in this forest on a mission to rescue Mr. Weenie. While they are on this mission, the dog they're looking for finds himself back with a group of other tame dogs led by Fifi, a toy poodle who hates wild animals!

When I watched the original, it seemed to me that the backgrounds looked more primitive than those of any other CGI animated feature I had ever seen. Well, the backgrounds in this sequel are the same. So, the animation is one of the flaws in "Open Season 2", but it's certainly not the only one. I didn't find the first "Open Season" THAT funny, but I hardly watched any of the gags in this sequel without keeping a straight face. Elliot takes Boog's place as the main protagonist here, and his freak-outs and such are generally not funny. That's also the case with the antics of Bobbie, Mr. Weenie's over-affectionate owner (I can see why Mr. Weenie wouldn't want to live with her), and the other characters who are supposed to be funny. The occasional toilet humour also doesn't work, though that's not to say that toilet humour is never funny. I would say the plot of this first sequel is also a bit bland, and I definitely didn't find as much excitement in it as I did in the plot of its predecessor, even if I occasionally found some of it.

This was the first movie I watched after "Monster House", another CGI film which Sony Pictures Animation was also involved in the production of, and I have to say, that film is much better than both of the "Open Season" ones I've seen. "Surf's Up", another Sony Pictures film, the one which led me to watch "Open Season" last November, also far exceeds the 2006 anthropomorphic wildlife feature from the same company in quality. Even though "Monster House" and "Surf's Up" haven't spawned any sequels and "Open Season" has now spawned two, the other two CGI animated films I've mentioned are clearly more popular, which I can understand perfectly. "Open Season 3" has recently come out, but I'm certainly in no hurry to see it, and I'm sure NEVER seeing it wouldn't be a great loss, as it seems to be even less popular than this second installment. Even if you like the first film a lot more than I do, this first sequel could still be disappointing to you, which I guess is very often the case with sequels.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Nice animated movie; Wonderful wiener dog
stefipopescu2004-131 December 2008
The movie is very funny, and the dog, Mr. Winnie... Oh my God, he's so cute. It's a perfect movie for viewers under 10 and a good movie all round. The story isn't that interesting (in fact kind of boring) but the individual characters are what this movie is all about. I didn't see the "Open Season 1" but I'm sure I'll rent the DVD soon. I just love Mr Winnie :). All and all I give it an 8 for a kind of boring story-line but funny characters, and if I could I'd give Winnie an Oscar or at least a Scooby Snack or something... If you like Wall-E, Madagascar or Ice Age, though bot quite as good, I'm sure you're gonna like this one also.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Rather bland if you ask me
TheLittleSongbird12 April 2011
I love animation, and while it had a few imperfections I did enjoy the first Open Season movie. But I personally didn't care for this sequel. It does have its good points, some of the animation is quite colourful and vibrant, the soundtrack is at least tolerable, the film starts off quite nicely and the voice acting is mostly good. Aside from that, Open Season 2 lacks the charm and fun the first did. While there is some nice-looking animation especially in the colours, there is the odd background that lacks finesse and some of the character designs looked blocky. The characters aren't as likable or as endearing, the story is predictable and rushed and while there are some humorous spots the writing lacks one vital ingredient, freshness. Also in regards to the latter point, most of the jokes are lame and miss the mark, some of them as well come so fast I had to re-wind the DVD(yes I rented it) numerous times to "get" them. All in all, it has its moments, but this sequel is rather bland and charmless to live up to an least watchable first film. 4/10 Bethany Cox
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
It was S!@#*
www-jats19 January 2010

2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Still not quite a good entertainment
Johan Dondokambey30 June 2014
It's still not quite funny as it's intended to be. The story strays father from the original look at hunting to those of wild versus domestic animals. The change in the voice actor cast is also very noticeable. Strange enough that though Ashton Kutcher wasn't even that funny on the first movie, the voice actor filling in for his shoes as Elliot doesn't really get near what Kutcher has done for it. So do for Boog. Here Boog loses his rather chilled out lazier mood and got replaced with a more active Boog. It's quite logical considering this movie sets about one year after the first, but still it's strange considering that Boog still retains his body shape and weight, LOL.
Franchise losing steam
SnoopyStyle10 November 2013
Elliott (Joel McHale) is getting married to Giselle (Jane Krakowski). His rack of antlers is broken once again. Dog Mr Weenie has escaped his owners to be wild. When his owners recapture him, Elliott decide to rescue him. The gang of wild animals must journey to the pet resort before Mr Weenie is completely brainwashed.

First off, they recast the voices. It's obvious that this is a franchise being downgraded. The animation hasn't changed. The level of danger is much lower. The stakes at risk seems much lower. It is full of bright colors but dull silly story. It's definitely a franchise lowering their expectations.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
This is when you don't enjoy watching a sequel
buddybhupender9 January 2011
I don't want to spend too much time on this one simply because it doesn't deserve it. Well the movie has a weak storyline and all every twist felt like we knew that it'd happen. so story is a disappointment, which ultimately let down the whole movie watching experience. Compared to its first part movie fails to capture our attention though there are some moments of laughter all because of 'Eli the goose' but lack of twists and aimless story creates a dullness so totally trash it.. it is a let down on behalf of the first part. and it is painful when you admired the first one.

why watch it??

1- if you are great fan of the first part. 2- Good for kids.. who doesn't want to meet a bear like BOOG in their childhood. 3- If you love CGI animation. 4- Your friend is letting you borrow this title then it is OK to kill one hours time viewing it. 5- if you don't bother about the story at all.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Some laughs, a decent sequel.
ajs-1011 July 2010
Having watched and enjoyed the first film, Open Season (2006), I was intrigued to see how the, straight to DVD, sequel would turn out. The woodland animals, having defeated hunters and befriended the domestic sausage dog, Mr Weenie, in the first film are up to their old tricks again. This time it's a rescue mission.

On the day of his wedding to Giselle, Elliot, a deer, starts to have second thoughts when he sees Mr Weenie being kidnapped by the family that lost him in the first place. Deferring wedding plans, he persuades a group of the animals to go and rescue the stricken pet. The small group includes Boog, the bear, Giselle, Elliot's intended (also a deer) and McSquizzy, a squirrel with attitude. Meanwhile, Mr Weenie is being taken to a fun park designed for humans and their pets. We meet many new characters, including Fifi, a pampered pooch with a great hatred of all things wild. Fifi tries to re-domesticate Mr Weenie, but fails and we are all set up for a great rescue attempt at the fun park! There is quite a lot more to the plot, but I don't want to give away too many spoilers.

Well animated, although I felt that Fifi looked a bit too much like a sheep. It will never win any prizes, but I thought it was quite a well made film with a decent pace and plenty of jokes. Decent performances from the voice talents of, Joel McHale as Elliot, Mike Epps as Boog, Jane Krakowski as Giselle, Billy Connolly as McSquizzy and Crispin Glover as Fifi.

Although I found the character of Elliot pretty annoying there is plenty of other things going on to distract from this rather irksome character. If anything I thought the plot might be a little too complicated for younger viewers but still pretty good. Having said that, there are some real 'laugh out loud' moments. My favourite character is Roger, the cat. You'll know what I mean if you've seen it. Over all, recommended, if only for those 'laugh out loud' moments… of which there are several.

My score: 6.2/10
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Wasn't as great as the first one
Robert16 June 2010
This is my first review, and I'll choose a 50/50 movie.

This movie wasn't that great. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I had hoped for a sequel that was creative, like the first one, that played with my emotions, like the first one, and that made me feel for the characters, like the first one.

This movie's plot wasn't original at all. Or maybe it was, but it wasn't very creative. I mean, we go from a marriage that was stopped in an awkward moment, and then next thing you know these characters are trying to chase a dog that they, initially shouldn't have met in the last film. Now they spend the whole movie trying to find and rescue the dog, only to find out at the end that the dog is happier with his dog friends and owners.

So the wild animations wasted how much of their time rescuing a dog that ends up leaving them, this time for good? At least the marriage was finished, with an awkward song that panned through each dog 'couple'. One thing that did crack me up with the man who never speaks, when he finally sang his one note, and almost crashed.

Speaking of annoying scenes and characters, what's with the white fluffy dog who was the boss of the 'gang' and would repeat everything? Very annoying, I'm glad he got shocked with the collar at the end.

So ultimately, this movie could have had a better plot. Don't waste time saving an animal that will just leave you again anyway. And make the animation better, not the same.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Q: What does a man do when he got scared of marrying ? A: Run !
ichocolat15 December 2008
The sequel starts where Open Season stops. D'uh, this is a sequel after all. Elliot is head over heel for Giselle, so he plans to get married with her.

However, nervous hits him in the stomach, and suddenly he got reservations about the whole idea. He just lost his left antler and took it as a sign that maybe this whole marriage thingy ain't gonna work. He was having doubts about the marriage and maybe him losing an antler is a sign by the Almighty God that it is a bad idea to marry Giselle.

So like what most men will do, he didn't discuss it with his partner and friends, and decides to cook up some tall story to pull out from marrying Giselle.

He got his notion when he saw his friend, Mr.Weenie being 'kidnapped' and 'tortured' by a middle-aged lady in a posh clothing.

So he told it to his friends and persuaded them to help him save Mr.Weenie from the clutches of the lady.

So they went on a mission to save their friend. They met up with pompous, pampered well-groomed pets and feelings of hatred quickly ensued.

The house pets don't like them because they thought that Elliot's bunch of friends were rude and uncouth. Likewise, Elliot thought that the house pets were cowards and a bunch of pompous animals.

So they fought, and soon enough, they began to understand about each other. And from being enemies, they began to be friends.

So finally, good friends they become. They stopped fighting and started shaking hands. And the misunderstanding about the kidnapping cleared.

And Giselle found out the real reason behind the whole 'let us help Mr.Weenie' that Elliot cooked up. She was furious but because they were in love, she forgave him.

A good watch for the whole family. Not as good as the first one, but still good. What I like most about it is that it does not have vulgar and sexual dialogues. I saw Shrek and there were many dialogues that made me embarrassed when my nieces and nephews asked me what they were about.

Too bad this film was screened at the same time as Wall-E, because being a sequel, and against a more hyped up film, this film lost the fight for ticket sales.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
sequel
kai ringler31 July 2013
our funny animals are back for another round in the sequel to Open season,, I wish that the writers would have had a different storyline,,, because this one didn't click with me,, one of our favorite characters is in love and very happy,, our little deer friend is boasting about his rack / antlers,, and when he falls down his rack breaks,, and therefore his pride,, the "girl" he is interested in wants him to marry her,, and he has a big fear of commitment,, meanwhile, one of our animals is kidnapped by some human pet lovers,, trying to convert him to make him a "Pet" and not a wild animal, so all of the animal kingdom get together to try and find their friend,,, it would seems to me that this sequel was rushed and put out the door as soon as poosible,, this could have been a better movie with a different storyline,, I din't hate the movie,, there is some very funny stuff in here, and some parts are rather enjoyable to watch,, but as a whole the movie does disappoint.
Hilarious Comedy With a Silly Plot
rannynm13 February 2012
Our furry friends awaken from hibernation just in time for Elliot and Giselle's spring wedding. But in the middle of the ceremony Elloit, voiced by John McHale, gets cold feet. He thinks Mr. Weenie, voiced by Cody Cameron, is being captured by an evil women, who in actuality is his former owner. Giselle suggest putting the wedding on hold to search for Mr. Weenie. Elliot and the rest of the forest gang agree. So they set out on a dangerous and exciting quest to find their friend. My favorite characters are Fifi voiced by Crispin Glover because even though he is small in size. He has a big "I'm in charge" attitude. I also like Giselle, voiced by Jan Krakowski, because she is pretty, graceful, smart and a great tracker. My favorite scene is when Giselle and McSquizzy disguise themselves as dogs to sneak into Pet Paradiso. That is brilliant! I rate this movie 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this movie to kids of all ages. Because it is funny and it has a silly plot. Reviewed by Ny'Asia Bell, age 8, KIDS FIRST! Film Critic Watch her video review here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da-j9S-682I
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Perhaps not as good as the original, but . . .
Meaghan Edwards30 May 2010
Still damn entertaining! There as a serious shortage of Boog to go around, but the addition of a poodle with a serious Napoleon complex, voiced by Crispin Glover, almost makes up for it. Fifi steals the spotlight; speaking as a groomer's assistant, do not underestimate the power of a small dog!

As some have pointed out, the animation isn't as smooth as the original, giving the movie a rather "rushed" feel to it. All the original animal characters are back, but with a different cast for the voice work.

The storyline in a nutshell; the gang is set out to rescue Weenie from the clutches of his owners, interrupting the marriage ceremony of Giselle and Elliot.

Not a perfect movie, but one that may still be able to give you some smiles and laughter.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this
Forest pals to the rescue.
Michael O'Keefe10 July 2009
After the fun and frolic of the original, OPEN SEASON 2 is a bit of a let down. It has some laughs, but it is usually hard to "out-do" an original. Two story lines commence this time out with Elliot, the rack-challenged deer, about to marry his sweetheart Giselle; but a more pressing matter is the fact that Mr. Weenie is found by his owners after living in the forest for a year. Boog gathers the other forest buddies and go on a mission to save their sausage-looking friend from a group of vacationer's pets. Does Elliot enter the world of matrimony? Will Mr. Weenie make up his mind on how to live a 'dog's life'? Now you decide to rent or buy. I suggest what ever is cheaper.

Lending their voices are: Joel McHale, Mike Epps, Jane Krakowski, Billy Connolly, Cody Cameron, Cripsin Glover and Georgia Engel.
Weird part
georgegao963 February 2009
May contain a certain scene of the movie, but not big. When Elliot, Buddy, and Wennie arrives at pet paradiso and met Boog in his sheepdog disguise, they said this: Boog: Elliot! Wennie! Thank goodness you're safe! Eliiot: Who are you? Boog: What do you mean, I'm you're best friend! Elliot: McSquizzy? Boog: McSquzzy!? He doesn't even like you! Elliot: Look, I'm not talking to some random overweight sheepdog about my personal relationships. Boog: It's me, Boog! Elliot: Boog's fatter, no way. Boog: Elliot!! Elliot: Boog? It really is you! Did you loose weight? Boog: When'd you start thinking McSquizzy was your bff? Elliot: Well, you were hibernating, and we were chilling... Bears hibernate, that's true, but squirrels hibernate too!
1 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? | Report this