Square One: Michael Jackson (2019) Poster

Good information and full of facts.
dopeyles5 October 2019
I'm always very cautious on Jackson documentaries. But this one is different.... containing actual government facts and information, I found this fascinating and captivating. A lot of information that isn't published by the press. But on searching is easy to prove.

Accurate and impressive

Unlike other documentaries, this one is informative and very interesting. 9/10
132 out of 143 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spectacular film all around!
lanevalleylv4 October 2019
I have tried many times to explain the '93 case to people and how/why MJ is far from guilty, but it is hard for me to do so because of so many details. This film PERFECTLY explains, and in a very simple manner that is easy to understand, the '93 trial and everything that anyone would need to know about the case, and with that, the 2005 case that follows. I was very impressed with the timeline and making of the film, along with the credible people interviewed; it made it an extremely convincing film as to why MJ is innocent! Highly recommend!
157 out of 173 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Heartbreaking. I'm devastated for Michael Jackson.
hatethejess-369011 October 2019
As an American, realizing how long I have been brainwashed in regards to an innocent man is depressing. Michael Jackson was lynched in the court of public opinion. Square One may be his saving grace for his living relatives.
180 out of 200 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally a documentary based on facts
florenasnowden5 October 2019
You want the truth about Michael Jackson, THIS IS IT!
141 out of 158 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent!!
stephtat5 October 2019
Very well done documentary detailing the first (extortion) case against Michael Jackson.
113 out of 128 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Clear, factual, easy to digest: well done!
barbiersophie-027215 October 2019
This new documentary brilliantly manages to present everything you need to know about the Michael Jackson allegations in a very accessible and digestible way. Seing all those facts explained clearly puts in evidence how those stories has been distorted in the last 20+ years, and it is time to open our eyes to what have been done - and is still done - to this man.
98 out of 111 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Essential Watch
VPAdvocacy6 October 2019
The media has systematically and robustly orchestrated a narrative around Michael Jackson that is directly rebutted by primary evidence. Michael Jackson is a case study for analysing the "free press" and whether a powerful industry like the media should be free and unaccountable for knowingly publishing false information to millions of people around the world.

This documentary brings court documents and evidence to life in a way that I have never seen before. The documentary is also a product of the "free press" who have been free to leave this evidence gathering dust for decades. I hope people watch this with an open mind and begin to understand that they are being lied to by an industry that shapes our views, values and society.
72 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well researched, well made documentary
ghan-997026 October 2019
People behind this documentary truly deserve praises. First, people participating in this project did not get paid. They only want the truth out. And the director did an awesome job researching into MJ's first allegation that started everything and all the background information that wasn't shared by media. I found myself very angry and sad while watching it, about the fact that Michael Jackson was put through such an humiliating ordeal and emotional pain (his voice in that video statement broke my heart). I recommend this documentary to anyone who cares about truth and justice.
86 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Truth
darvon-732265 October 2019
A very well put together documentary about the truth of the 1993 allegations. If you ever really wanted to know what REALLY happened, then watch this movie.
92 out of 107 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Eye Opening and Factual.
KatFran1016 October 2019
One of the best documentaries I've seen about the 1993 allegations against Michael Jackson. This doc by Danny Wu is very factual and he makes the timelines of the allegations very easy to follow. You will understand right away that Michael Jackson was a victim of extortion and he has the evidence to back it up. Whether you believe that Michael was guilty or not, this film is a must watch.
85 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Outstanding
bennettpropertiesbennett6 October 2019
What a great documentary I knew about the 1993 allegations but I never knew to what extent other people where involved in it. Danny Wu has done such a good job putting this together on his own and with his own limited budget. Too bad the media won't talk about this as everyone knows the media are not interested in the truth as they always say that truth doesn't sell.
79 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Truth Has Risen.
pheebes796 October 2019
Such a brilliantly executed documentary on how the Chandler's falsely accused Michael Jackson, with brilliant testimonies. This just proves that the rest of the accusers are LIERS, too. Michael Jackson was always innocent & the attempt to bring him down is shown, here. The media need to pay attention to this and then apologise for the decades of slander. Please watch. I can't recommend this enough.
81 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superb, eye opener, heart breaking!
fitzjohn-511446 October 2019
A very well put together factual documentary detailing the 1993 settlement putting all the information into chronological order for context! Amazing and first of it's kind to address the myths surrounding the settlement. A must see!!
66 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Informative documentary on 1994 settlement by Michael Jackson
bhavyav-sridhar6 October 2019
The facts and the information provided in this documentary is not at all new to any true MJ fan as the fandom is well versed about all this. Danny Wu, the director became a fan in the researching process and made this zero budget documentary to help anyone understand why Michael Jackson settled the civil case back in 1994 and how that never ever meant that MJ was guilty. Jordan Chandler (the first accuser) being used by his own father, Victor guitterez and NAMBLA's association with the accuser's father, extortion scheme..etc is all very well put together.
66 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Confirmation, the real truth
xslavetotherhythmx6 October 2019
This Danny Wu has created this incredible new documentary about the first allegations against Michael Jackson. Most of us already know this story but for those that still have doubts or don't believe it I suggest to watch this! This really sheds a good light on how things actually went, this shows how far they are willing to go for money and to destroy a man's reputation and good name.

This documentary not only shows to those that don't believe that MJ is innocent, it shows actually how damn much innocent he is, and that "Money" is the red line in all the stories!

#MJInnocent #MJSquareOne
58 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thought-provoking and Revealing
KaiZenLife5 October 2019
Square One is the thread in the needle that sews all of the pattern pieces together.

It systematically approaches the 1993 accusations made against Michael Jackson and the result is an organized, thought-provoking, and undeniable confirmation that there is much more to the story than the general public had been led to believe.

This film investigates claims, explores timelines, and presents background information that is not widely-known. Interviews with key people who both knew Michael Jackson and the accuser in this case leaves mouths agape, heads spinning, and heartstrings pulled.

The producer, Danny Wu, received a well-deserved standing ovation at its Indie Film Festival in Los Angeles on Septmber 28, 2019.

It is time we heard the rest of the story.
59 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exonerated
freedombeatem6 October 2019
A look into the 1993 allegations that tarnished Michael Jacksons reputation for the rest of his life. The world media chewed it all up and spat out there stories from uncorroborated evidence a trend that has continued to this day. The media used Michael Jackson throughout his life as, how an when it suited them. Giving him a superstars send off when he passed after decades of ridicule and harassment only to be digging the dirt again now in 2019 again with uncorroborated evidence. It's sad how this destroyed such an amazing an talented beautiful human beings life. Now he can be remembered as the legend he really was and not the monster the media and certain sinister individuals would have you think. They only have one agenda and that is to make money. Stop feeding the lies and share this far and wide. Well done Danny Wu you've done what nobody else could you put a human being before money and greed and presented the corroborated facts. Get this on every streaming service. Take care
47 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Go right back to the beginning & learn the truth.
badgraciebabes6 October 2019
This documentary is long overdue, nothing here but the facts. Michael Jackson was exploited for money by Evan Chandler. Once you see how it happened in chronological order you see how the door was opened for other unscrupulous people further down the line to make claims of their own. Not one of them went to the police. Michael Jackson was an innocent man. Congratulations to Danny Wu and everyone else involved in putting this together in a clear and definitive form.
58 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Compelling doco made on little budget and time
hnbrws6 October 2019
It is clear Danny Wu had very little money and time for this. It is also obvious that he is talented and did solid research. This doco is very compelling. Josephine's story is way more convincing and powerful than I thought it would be. Jordan Chandler was a victim. But most likely never of Michael Jackson but of his father.

There are some factual slip ups but those are minor details. Some other details were missing for example Evan attacking his son and nearly killing him with a barbell after 2005. Nevertheless this deserves 10 stars. This story needs to be told accurately. And it was told here very convincingly. Imagine what could have been done with a HBO Dan Reed kind of budget here.
60 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant factual documentary
amitlal-429456 October 2019
Brilliantly put together documentary surrounding the original 93 allegations. Unlike Leaving Neverland this one is well researched and presented with facts. This what the media has tried to hide for years but the tide is now turning. The truth is here folks.
41 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is the TRUTH
doguses6 October 2019
Very insightful with actual evidence. It was provocative and powerful. If this doesn't, in a way, prove Michael Jackson's innocence, I don't know what will. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
48 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Get a grip!
bellerose-135256 October 2019
To the world GET A GRIP of what REALLY went on behind the scenes in the very public life of Michael Jackson. Learn the truth in the u despicable and truthful way it is told by the people who have NOTHING to gain personally from doing this! Learn the truth so you can stay educated on the harsh and scary times of the me too society which we all now live! Realise that Michael Jackson is and always was the only victim. And how he was 1000% innocent even according to those who accused him.

This film is amazing and captivating and makes it easy to explain and recognise why in fact mj paid to settle that infamous case in 1993.

Prepare yourself public as the truth may scare you but ultimately it will set you free!!
55 out of 66 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Michael Jackson was framed.
nanditaraghav-263086 October 2019
Now this is what I call a "Documentary". Unlike Leaving Neverland that contained nothing but drone shots, eerie music, pretentious swallows, constant deliberate eye blinking, Square One had nothing but FACTS. No doubt a remarkable impact this documentary would have on general public! Very well put together highlighting almost all facts that were deliberately ignored by the msm media! The beginning of the end of injustice! It's a must watch if you really want to know how Michael Jackson was framed by a greedy father who wanted numerous favors from him. All the factual information are well coordinated. The best part being the witness Josie who had a one to one conversation with the 1993 accuser Jordan Chandler & who revealed that Michael Jackson never touched him. As usual media didn't cover this as it was against their agenda. I wish this reaches to masses & more people educate themselves.
58 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gratitude for the truth.
aiggulluna6 October 2019
For decades, the media has lied and lied to people. The final point was reed's lying film and hbo support. But the truth ran its marathon. Thanks for the finale.
39 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Truth we've known for 26yrs
jodavo-680266 October 2019
This is the saddest story never told. We all knew at the time what was being done to this wonderful man, but to see it all laid out in this incredible film by Danny Wu and the team is just explosive. The slander of Michael Jackson and the constant need to incriminate him even after he's been gone for 10yrs is abhorrent. This film has to be seen to be believed, everything is backed up by the source and evidence, showing full blown proof, there was nothing to begin with, other than extortion and lies resulting in Michael Jackson being framed for the most heinous of crimes. Michael is the true victim and we the public worldwide, have been manipulated. I highly recommend this accurate, well investigated and honest film, you will be left so saddened at what he endured in life.
39 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.