Demon Slayer: Mugen Train (2020) Poster

Piece of art
rayanejelidi18 October 2020
If you liked the animation of the season 1 of demon slayer you will simply adore this film this is a true masterpiece with a captivating story and music that will make you cry , a must watch for any fan of the show .
194 out of 229 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I've read the manga. I expected the best. It will definitely deliver.
TheGreatGreenBadger18 October 2020
Ufotable is honestly on a roll with the hit Demon Slayer series. It's simply bloody fantastic but also has a lot of heart, as a lot of people will see in this movie, which introduces one of the other Hashiras of the Demon Slayer Corps.
110 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I never wrote a single review in my life and here is my review for the first time.
hhktdkncey26 February 2021
If you have watched the first season of Demon Slayer. You will not be disappointed. If you only read manga, you will also not be disappointed. Feelz are real. Visuals 10, feelz 10, sound track 10, humour 10 and story line 10. So don't read other reviews to decide if you should watch it or not. Go and Watch it.
63 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The action, the feeling, it's PERFECT
gracejonwilin30 October 2020
I was worried because the movie is in the train, and I was afraid it will become boring. After I finished the movie, i realize that I shouldn't worried about this thing from the start. Every scene in this movie is really well planed, if the action scene start getting too long they will change it into another scene so we will not get bored with the action (I mean the composition of action and te conversation is balance.)

And then the effects, both 3D and 2D. It's P E R F E C T. Even though we only have 2 hours to know Rengoku character, but the feeling, the emotion still really hit me. Like I cry a river in the cinemašŸ˜¬

It's really recommended! But please remind this in your mind that you need to watch the season 1 before you watch this movie.
69 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unbelievable out of the box
yashdeepverma30 October 2020
Worth watching in cinemas, This movie gonna insane for demon slayer fans you all definitely love his songs an animations. Some of scene able to make you cry. Very Insane!!.
69 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing movie!
suvanshgkhr1 November 2020
An amazing thrill ride full of comedy, dark and emotional moments that will leave you begging for more. If you liked the Demon Slayer anime, you are sure to love this movie.
46 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth the wait
vin-siddharth11 January 2021
A true delight for the demon slayer fans, starts slow but picks up the pace brilliantly after the interval.
27 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing!
jaysoncarlosgarcia25 October 2020
Worth watching in the cinemas! The animation and the story arc is excellent!
41 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
demon slayer
legobuilderpro28 April 2021
Having seen the anime I loved this movie. Outstanding animation and likable characters (tanjiro, zenitsu, inosuke).

(Saw in japanese with english subtitles)

Really funny and emotionally investing scenes with awesome looking fight scenes.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
unniesarah26 February 2021
I cannot stress enough with how amazing this film was. I watched 90% of the film with a blurred vision because of how emotional it made me feel. I cannot even pick a favourite scene or moment because of how well delivered each moment was.
24 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must watch!
ferry-hk_s27 October 2020
This is the best anime movie ever atleast for now, but i ain't cappin abt this u must watch 100%!
39 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Astonishing, Godly Animation and Heart Breaking
nazgulz29 April 2021
I'm out of words to describe it after watching. The overall story, animation and fight scenes are amazing. The red flames if Rengoku San are so amazing, I've never seen this type of animation in other anime so far. It's wonderful.

I would like to thank the original manga creator Koyoharu Gotouge for giving us this master piece.

Demon slayer was my 2nd anime and I loved it so much as a normie. It made me teary at some at some point and the movie gives you same vibes. I already knew the ending still it made the heart melt. :(
20 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm speechless...
RhysMakesMovies25 February 2021
There isn't enough ink or paper in the world to write down everything i loved about this visual spectacle, not that my words could even scratch the surface of fully captivating this level of quality. So I'll just say the things that stopped this masterful work from being a 10/10. There is an large amount of blatant exposition is this film, there are times when it makes sense for a character to be revealing such information but Enmu just stood on top of the train telling his entire plan and more for over 10 minutes for no reason. The music is still top notch but I don't think it was nearly as powerful as the score in the 1st season which stuck to more traditional Japanese instruments. Stop reading this already and go watch it!!!
17 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A masterpiece
pnmmahlangu13 January 2021
They got me in the first half I won't lie.

I came in expecting a particular story, got that exact story and then the movie kicked off into the most marvelous ending I have ever seen in an anime movie.

It is correctly mature. It moves you emotionally. It's gorgeous to look at and honestly deserves an 11/10 rating easily.
15 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The movie don't need to break records to be amazing
lilcrush-7781327 October 2020
Wait until universally released, This gon' make a noise that can't be unheard
31 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
God tier movie
tsewangtenzin-2977614 December 2020
Master piece movie rengoku is a top tier character plot twist were fire animation we're good 11/10 movie mangaka is a genius likes she's knows however to portrait here characters Very we'll specially inosuke add tanjiro character development in movies is so good
17 out of 26 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A truly awesome anime feature
coasterdude441 March 2021
I had so much fun with this movie, it was only playing in a theatre a half an hour drive away from where I live so I drove to the theatre and was blown away by just how good it was.

The animation was amazing. It's was fluid, kinetic and very crisp and detailed. I was a bit hesitant on watching it at first, since I knew this movie would hold some major spoilers for the seiries, and I've only watched the first episode of the anime show since I've only known about it for a week since discovering it on Netflix. This movie does have major spoilers though, but I encourage you to see this in a theatre as soon as you can if tv spoilers bother you or not.

I was worried that the whole movie being set on a train would get stale fast, but it is always exciting and doesn't drag a bit. If watching Train To Busan taught me anything, it's that movies set in limited spaces such as trains can still be constantly exciting if it stays engaging. This movie just like Train To Busan isn't entirely set on the train, there are flashbacks and an action sequence seperate from the train.

Anyway this was an exceptional movie with very good direction and animation. It was thrilling and also very emotional. Don't miss this one
16 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simplemente maravilloso
angelosnowu17 December 2020
Es demasiado bonito, y realmente conectas con los personajes, la animaciĆ³n sigue siendo una joya, y la banda sonora, ufff inigualable
16 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely perfect!
igearani199515 December 2020
This movie is awesome! Highly recommended! Better experience if you've watched season 1 and haven't read the manga before!
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What you think about this movie depends on what you think about the series
isaacsundaralingam2 May 2021
Demon Slayer: Mugen Train is a movie that was looked forward to universally with as much hype as possible. And when it eventually did come out, the reviews were great and so was its box office performance. And ever since, this movie has been a pretty big deal amongst the anime community.

I finally was able to watch it, and I guess I'm a little underwhelmed by the whole thing. My reaction to this movie was very similar to how I felt about the series, and I think the same can be said of everyone. The series, in my opinion, is a decently enjoyable B-Tier anime with 1 exceptionally phenomenal episode. But that's just my take on it and I'm aware I'm in the minority here, because the amount of love this series has garnered is almost unbelievably massive and universal. So what Mugen Train caters to is exactly that demographic of fans (as so it should), meaning that for someone like me who found very little to go crazy about in the series, would find very little to go crazy about in this movie. But if you're one of those who loved the series for its goofiness and style, then this movie is in every way a treat.

I don't think Mugen Train was a bad movie in any way. It was decently enjoyable and had its little moments. The plot is pretty straight forward but makes very little sense if you even stop to think about it. The progress was lazily convenient and the stakes never felt real until at the very end of the movie. The humor was pretty goofy and the characters were as over-the-top as they were in the series... Enjoyable, still The animation was pretty good and consistent throughout; especially the action scenes that were choreographed as well as they were in the series. The colors, the visuals, the music... they're all pretty great and add to the visually pleasing appeal of the movie.

In conclusion, this movie doesn't add anything to the medium in any meaningful way, but it stays true to its style and convention as that is what people love most about the Demon Slayer universe. If you loved the series, you'll love this movie... Go for it!
15 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An emotional masterpiece!
nuhibeqa28 April 2021
This is literally the best animated movie I have seen, period! It can even compete with full fledged movies it is that good, from the pace of the storytelling to the fight animation and choreography to the breathtaking artstyle everything about it is a treasure for us to enjoy.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A masterclass in mixed-media art.
domonator-0577923 April 2021
I didn't think they would top the sakuga seen in s1:e19. In fact I wasn't sure they could. Boy was I wrong. There were a few fights that had the hair on my arms sticking up and a few second in each that made me make an audible, involuntary sound, while I was barely still in my seat. The art direction? Impeccable. The characters? Immaculate. My main issue with the first season of the show was that Inosuke and Zenitsu were beyond infuriating and were on 100% with their personalities 100% of the time. It was still like this in the first third of the movie, but the characters show some other aspects of their personalities as well, and are slightly more tame during the latter half, which I think the majority of the American audience will greatly appreciate. Another issue I had with the first season was that the audience was never able to properly grieve with Tanjiro over his family's death, as they were given less than five minutes of screen time during the original. I'm not going to spoil anything but that has been addressed now, and I've shed tears for them now, or at least for how much their loss impacted Tanjiro. Oh and back to the art direction. You can tell that every single person on akira matsusima's team gave it their all, and loved every minute of it. Every frame bleeds passion, and some left my jaw hanging. The dedication and attention to detail is evident and I cannot give it high enough praise. I am left very curious as to how the show will go on with Tanjiro as the main character without it feeling underwhelming though, now that we see how much his powers pale in comparison to the high ranking slayers and demons. I'm worried it may have went too crazy too soon but we'll have to find out when season two releases. The sound design was astounding as well. I'm obviously no professional movie reviewer, and I may be a little biased because I love Shonen and am a sucker for art, but I honestly found nothing wrong with this movie and really hope I'm not overhyping it when I say- even if you're not a fan of anime as a genre you're doing yourself a great disservice by not seeing this film. And see it in theaters! IMAX if you can. I know we have COVID out here so be safe and weigh the risk, but it's definitely worth ticket price for IMAX.
MASTERFUL!
Brad_G3523 April 2021
I'm so glad this movie got an American release. If you loved the animation of the first season, this is an absolute must-see. Find the biggest screen you can and enjoy!

The animation. The characters. The situations. The music. The action. The demons. It's all great.

Also, try to find a theater with a good sound system. The surround sound really was on another level with the fights.

What a movie!
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A wonderful continuation of the anime!
miastulac25 April 2021
This movie was incredibly well done in many ways.

First, the animated fight scenes blew my away. The quality of the animation was spectacular, and I would see it again just to see the fight scenes.

But aside from the fighting, the storyline was awesome! It continues right off of where the first season of the anime left off, so if you want to understand everything, WATCH THAT FIRST!!! But on the other hand, people who haven't watched the anime have enjoyed the movie as well. But if you want to save yourself from confusion, watch the first season first.

With some inception-like themes, incredible action scenes, and a plot that will have you go through a roller coaster of emotions, this is definitely an animated movie to watch out for!

(Note: the only thing I would change is give zenitsu more screen time.)

(Another note: this movie got robbed from best animated series nomination for the Oscars. What were they thinking?)
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful
ethan-2831824 April 2021
This movie is truly a masterpiece. In the end, I found myself moved so far as to reconsider some of my own core principles and thought processes in life. The concepts and meanings in this movie are truly thought-provoking, and it is executed beautifully. The storytelling allows for a perfect mixture of light-hearted and heavier-set scenes.

This story is captivating beyond the words I have to describe it. If I had to choose one word to describe it as closely as possible it would be this: beautiful.

Even this falls short of the feeling I wish to convey, and I can't recommend it enough.
10 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.