Home Sweet Home Alone (2021) Poster

It's a doll
nogodnomasters19 December 2021
The McKenzie's have an open house. A valuable doll goes missing and they suspect Max Mercer (Archie Yates). They go to his house several times to try and get the doll back, but are foiled. Max thinks they want to kidnap and sell him so he booby-traps the house.

They is a connection to the original as the cop was Kevin's older brother (Devin Ratray). This is a safe family film and not as good as the iconic original.
4 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Romaticizing the past
kosmasp17 November 2021
I understand that many have fond thoughts of the original. The movie even acknowledges this by one character saying that people shouldn't remake classics ... ah the irony. But I reckon they see themselves as a sequel/reimagination of some kind. One link being one of Kevins brothers, now all grown up. I reckon because they couldn't get McCaulkey himself ... neither of them actually, they went for someone else.

It is not his fault the movie is being so ill received. It has something to do that the villains here are being made human. Well simple minded, totally ridiculous ones, that are borderline kids when it comes to certain situations they find themselves in, but likeable ones because their quest is pure. Well it involves breaking and entering (no matter what the main character says about having the key and sometimes remembering the alarm code or not, conveniently I might add), so maybe not entirely pure, but you get the gist.

But if that is what breaks the movie for you - well you have quite the romantic view of the original. Kevin was not a good kid by any mean of that word. And he was just as vile if not even more - especially in the sequel. Yes he might have looked cuter than the "Kevin" of this movie (he has a different name, I forgot it, sorry), but he isn't. At all! Having said that, you may feel different and that is ok. If you do not like this - it is so. It is just a shame that a movie that is overall similar, in tone, jokes and traps, gets so much hate, when it isn't that different from the original. Or maybe that is what makes is unbearable for some - although again, it is not a Remake in many senses. Because of the backstory of the "villains". You decide what you make of it.
34 out of 92 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Piggy from Lord of the Flies returns and he's no push over
Numberis627 December 2021
About: it's called Home Alone. Take a wild guess?

Story: It's very filthy. It's sad to see Home Alone 1 is the ancestor of this. It's like a dog, New Jersey, Detroit and Oshawa mixed into one massive dumpster.

Production: The production camera quality is not that good as its founding father Home Alone 1. The acting and extras are like that of a children's school spring play. Even a childrens school spring play are tolerable.

The men in this are dumb. Do they behave like this at their job/school/public? If they did I'm interested to know how that worked out. The couple seem like wealthy people. They live in the rich suburbs. So why are they so dumb?

Are people entertained by dumb characters? Why though?

Plus why are the victims being seen as the Villians?

Many to most of the men are 3ffeminate. I'm not lying. From Kennan to the FATHERS to conductor. *Shivers*.

Main Intelligence: -2. All characters except the children are dumb.

Highlight: Buzz returns. He must have been out of cash to return to this filth.

Grossness Level: 9

Cliffhanger: N/A

Villians: In Home Alone 1 they were dumb but it worked well. They were great actors and had a fun story to tell. The so called villains in this are victims and they are really dumb. The child once again has to be smarter than 2 grownups.

I felt bad for the so called villians. They did not deserve to be tortured.

Should you watch this show?: No. Let's say I watch this filthy movies so you don't have to. It's really filthy. It doesn't have that yucky Christmas spirit as the first 2.

I guarantee that John Hughes is throwing a tantrum in his grave right now.
16 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just stop this...
Thanos_Alfie20 November 2021
"Home Sweet Home Alone" is a Comedy 0 Family movie in which we watch a young child accidentally left alone in his home while he has to defend it from a couple that believes he stole a valuable doll. He has to try his best in order to defend it and keep this couple out of his home.

I did not have any expectations from this movie so, I was not disappointed at all by it. Another reason was that I had already watched all the previous movies of "Home Alone" and except the two first original movies all the other were simply average or even below average. The direction which was made by Dan Mazer was not the best but at least he tried to connect his movie with the original "Home Alone" movie of 1990. The interpretation of Archie Yates who played as Max Mercer was simple but good while the rest of the cast did not reach their potential but even if they would I doubt that they could save this movie. In conclusion, I have to say that "Home Sweet Home Alone" is another bad copy of the original "Home Alone" and I hope this would be the last movie of this franchise.
62 out of 88 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This deserves negative stars
digitalbeachbum25 November 2021
This is a rip off attempt at the original which was a classic. This is an insult to the original movie. This is a low budget, poorly written and poorly executed attempt at making a movie where a kid is home alone during Christmas and must do battle with criminals.

This movie stunk so bad, it lost me within the first five minutes. At ten minutes I left the room. It was made for people with no IQ, no maturity, no sense of quality and no humor.

All the characters in the movie are annoyingly terrible people. The kids, the adults, and the extras too. They all stink.

The movie attempts with too much effort to try and be funny. Everything feels like it is forced and the responses from the actors reading their lines is like watching cardboard cutouts disintegrate in the rain.
138 out of 181 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ugh
matthewssilverhammer8 January 2022
When the original Home Alone came out, it was criticized for being distastefully violent and overly cynical. How quaint. Home Sweet Home Alone is an aggressively brash and largely unfunny (despite the fantastic adult cast) onslaught of loud, terrible decisions. Not least of which is the insanely stupid choice to make the villains far-and-away the most sympathetic characters in the whole movie while making the kid as disdainful and static as possible. The Buzz cameo is kinda great, though.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as good or memorable as the 1990 film
lisafordeay12 November 2021
Home Sweet Home Alone(Home Alone 6) is a 2021 festive comedy reboot based on the 1990 film Home Alone starring Maculay Culkin. This film stars Ellie Kemper,Rob Delaney,Archie Yates and Aishling Bea.

A married couple named Pam and Jeff McKenzie want to sell their house. But when a mischievous 10 year old boy named Max Mericer takes a valuable doll worth 2 million belonging to Jeff's mother,the couple try and take the doll back. Will they get the doll back or will Max save the day,while being alone in his house(while his mom is gone to Tokyo)?

I laughed at a few scenes, but this film was just not as memorable as the 1990 one as that was very funny and memorable plus it is my favourite Christmas movie of all time. Keep an eye out for the actor who plays Buzz McCalister from the original films as his now a cop in this one.

Go watch the 1990 one instead as this one was boring.
40 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Man! I could have watched this on Christmas!
subxerogravity13 November 2021
Do I want to say Christmas classic? I don't know about that, but I felt it had all the stuff that makes for a heartwarming Christmas tale.

Its not going to beat the original, but it makes up for Home Alone 3, right? I did love the connection this movie does make to the original. Those were some cool moments.

Funny thing is, I don't necessarily see this new kid Max as being less hostile to his robbers Pam and Jeff. I was expecting the violence to be toned down because of the complaints Home Alone got for how Kevin went at it on the Wet Bandits, a duo of thieves trying to rob Kevin's house and seemed willing to kill him to do it, mind you. At least Pam and Jeff had a very justifiable and very Christmas perfect reason to need to break into Max's house. It feels like they tried to tone down the punishment, but I don't see how you can make this kind of movie without someone getting hurt bad, which is done on a less cartoonish effect but still...

Well at best this was a decent Christmas movie that came way too early proving how we are totally trying to wipe out Thanksgiving.
20 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Home crap home.
DarkVulcan2920 November 2021
I wanted to watch this just to see if it is has bad as critics say, turns out they where right. I liked Home Alone(1990) and Home Alone 2(1992) and Home Alone 3 was okay, but haven't seen the last two.

There are references to the first home alone, there put in there to say this is not a reboot, but the same universe. Now I gave the story credit for trying to be different, and not be a carbon copy of the first film, and. Ellie Kemper and Rob Delaney play a good comedic team pretty well, has a couple trying to save there family home. But the kid Max played by Archie Yates, is just unbearable and unlike Kevin, no ways wants to root for him. But not Yates fault, just how he was written. Aisling Bea doesn't really give off much has Max's mother unlike Catherine O' Hara, seems like she is sleepwalking through this.

Jokes don't really hit, trap gags just become reminders that you've watch them in better movies, and Max's family are just there no other reason, unlike the first two. And it is not easy to capture the magic that was the first Home Alone(1990).
44 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I regret all the decisions which have led me to this point
MissSimonetta26 November 2021
It's hard to really rage over HOME SWEET HOME ALONE because I am 99% convinced Disney never intended for this thing to be good or even an alternative to the original HOME ALONE. They needed more content for the Disney + subscription service, no matter how insipid or cheap, and so here we are.

There's really not much to say about it-- it looks cheap, the acting is bad, and the writing is beyond hope. They try twisting on the usual formula by making the burglars sympathetic but this actually works against what has made the original HOME ALONE so popular over the last 30 years. Harry and Marv were absolutely in the wrong, and they were at the bare minimum a threat should they catch Kevin (I absolutely believe Joe Pesci when he threatens to bite that kid's fingers off), so all those gloriously violent booby trap sequences are way more fun. Here, my sympathy is with the thieves, who receive far more development than the main character, so it isn't fun watching them get hurt.

Also-- and this might be just me-- but is anyone else sick of the thick layers of Joss Whedon-esque irony that suffuses so many American movies now? It was funny and fresh in small doses years ago, but it's gotten old already. The dialogue in this movie is made even more obnoxious by the fact that everyone, from the kids to the Gen X adults, talk like stereotypes of millenials/Gen Z-ers-- you know, "Oh wow, we left the kid home alone, hashtag reboot."
70 out of 90 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'm never having kids
aidanratesmovies12 November 2021
It may end up looking better than both the 4th and 5th adaptation (yes there are 6 of these movies now), but Home Sweet Home Alone lacks any charisma, wit, or charm that made the original films so enjoyable and ends up feeling like an incredibly pointless and quite dated forced reboot comedy. The first thing that sticks out to me so clearly about this film is how painfully unfunny it is. Almost every minute of this film they try so hard to make each joke work and nothing ever lands, and instead your stuck watching the awkwardness unfold slower and slower until you can hardly stand to take it anymore. The actors are thankfully better than the last two adaptations, with some big names to star, however that doesn't mean they are by any means good in their roles- and again feels like the film missed a major opportunity. So many huge comedic stars, you think you would be able to get one laugh out of them, but sadly not. Pete Holmes and Ellie Kemper deserve better than this. The film is decently filmed, hardly feeling stale or fake like the forced Christmas atmosphere of the last two flicks, but despite the snowy setting and some decent shots- there is little to be joyful about in this miserable adaptation. The script and story is down right diabolical at times, hurtful, and just sad to watch. Not to mention lead child actor Archie Yates is justb a total brat and honestly makes me wonder who the hell we were supposed to root for throughout this film. In the end, Home Sweet Home Alone takes the franchise up a very slight notch, but it is obviously no where close to as good as the first 2 films, or even the third. Its forced sense of humor and misuse of talent should be a learning point for many Hollywood films here on- simply on how to not make a star-studded comedy. It's about as disappointing as they come, and as forgettable and frustrating as a film can possibly be.

My Rating: 1.5/10.
131 out of 164 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful reboot
masonsaul10 December 2021
Home Sweet Home Alone is an awful reboot. A pointless, surprisingly convoluted, colossally stupid and weirdly morally broken film that never succeeds at being funny or heartwarming. Both the jokes and the slapstick are painfully unfunny with some of them going on for far too long. Archie Yates does what he can in the lead role but really isn't given much. Likewise, Ellie Kemper and Rob Delaney almost make a few jokes land but they still can't elevate material that's this bad. At least it's mercifully short.
17 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Finally, a Worthy Addition to the Home Alone Franchise!!!
Pumpkin_Man13 November 2021
Yes, I actually liked the movie. I'm giving it a high rating, so go ahead and be a troll and give me a thumbs down and tell me my review isn't helpful because yall don't agree with me.

When I saw the trailer, I did roll my eyes and didn't care much for the kid, but when I watched it, he grew on me a little bit. This new installment in the Home Alone series (We're up to the 6th one now) is a LOT better then the previous two films, but it's still not as good as the original. To me, this feels like the true 'Home Alone 3' because one of the original stars from the originals makes an appearance, and they use the classic John Williams theme music. I was intrigued by the story, and it managed to make me feel nostalgic, especially when they play 'Somewhere in my Memory' This time, we get to know the burglars, and come to care for them and why they're doing the robbing.

Meet Pam and Jeff McKenzie, a down-on-their-luck couple who have to sell their house because it's getting too expensive to live there. They haven't told their children yet. During an open house, they run into 10-year old Max Mercer and his mom, Carol. They're only there because Max needed to stop and use the bathroom. On the way out, Max notices an ugly doll with an upside-down face. Max and Jeff have words over it and they finally leave. That night, Jeff researches the doll and finds that it's extremely rare and worth a lot. The only problem is that the doll is now missing.

The next day, Max's family is on the way to the airport to Japan, and of course, Max gets left home alone. He reacts the same way Kevin McCallister did, then he gets bored and lonely. Pam and Jeff assume that Max took the doll, and track him to his house and try to get it back. Max unfortunately misunderstands their intentions and begins his battle plan to strike back against the burglars.

I honestly feel that this movie is worthy of the Home Alone name. It gave me nostalgic feels like the first two, it has the classic John Williams music and it gave me a few laughs. I wouldn't mind watching it again. There are other easter eggs and nods to the original classic, too. If you love the franchise, I would highly recommend HOME SWEET HOME ALONE!!!
107 out of 675 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Predicted Disappointment
HabibieHakim12313 November 2021
They just need to stop doing this, please, it doesn't matter if it's a disney movie now, with a better production, set, and people, it's impossible, 4 movie repeating the same thing from the original, what could makes it good again?, the original Home Alone is perfect because it's not only the story is original but because they have Macaulay Culkin, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern and all of the original cast, and so do Home Alone 2, once you change it, that's it, Home Sweet Home Alone is just the same like Home Alone 3, 4, and 5, all of them was terrible, it's awful, it's sucks, the only things that make me give a point to the film was the Home Alone theme, a scene with one of the original cast, and a few laughs, but still overall, Home Sweet Home Alone is a predicted disappointment.
96 out of 118 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is it Actor Nick frost son?- "Worst remake since National lampoons"
allanmichael3025 November 2021
Is this a horror movie? The casting is so bad, however the movie is far worse than the cast. The violence was far worse than original. How could you laugh when you were on the side of the house sellers. The plot was crazy and had racist slurs towards the English kid.
30 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Alone for christmas
legobuilderpro13 November 2021
The original Home Alone from 1990 and Home Alone 2 from 1992 are perfectly fine and entertaining films, they also have clever traps and likable or relatable characters.

But Home Alone 3, Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House, and Home Alone 5: The Hoiday Heist was just too much for the series. All they did was have different actors and bad acting with the traps not making sense.

So now we have the 6th movie in the Home Alone series called Home Sweet Home Alone (Home Alone 6), and I thought it was...

I thought this movie wasn't that good, which is weird when it has good actors and at least it has some good scenes but that was overthrown by bad moments.

The movie is mostly focused on the couple that is trying to steal back a valuable heirloom thinking the main kid stole it from them, but the more you focus on them the more you feel bad for them because of the problems in their life.

The main kid who is home alone and setting up the traps in the house is played by a good actor, but they make the kid really unlikable when he is hurting the couple with the traps even though they aren't that bad.

The traps are creative and interesting, but when the couple are being hurt and effected by them you just feel bad for them and it makes it hard to watch seeing them in pain.

They made the robbers played by good actors seem like the good guys and the main kid as the bad guy, I don't understand why they did that.

Other than there being some references to the original I didn't really find it funny or that much entertaining. Just watch the first 2 Home Alone movies, they are worth watching.
53 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A predictable mess but nonetheless it finds surprising new ways to offend and fail
DarthVoorhees28 November 2021
Was I expecting anything from 'Home Sweet Home Alone'? Not really but I felt an obligation to see it. That's how we are in this endless parade of nostalgic revisits. I wanted it to succeed because I love the original 'Home Alone'. It's a cliche to say but I never miss it around Christmas. It's hard to say where 'Home Sweet Home Alone' goes wrong (or for that matter where the classic original went right). 'Home Sweet Home Alone' is a tired retread that goes through the motions but that isn't the most offensive thing about it. I actually hate the new things that it tries even more than any of the blatant cynical nostalgia.

It's hard to dissect why 'Home Alone' works so well. It's a movie that really shouldn't because it is so outlandish and contradictory in the emotional appeals to the audience. We get brutal slapstick and over the top humor and yet never does it interfere with the grounded appealing characters. It is funny and bizarre and heart warming. I imagine it's very tempting to think that you can rip it off. 'Home Sweet Home Alone' certainly tries in a half hearted way. It thinks that the John Williams motifs, the traps, and the gooey holiday sentimentality is what makes a 'Home Alone' movie. There's no earnestness or honesty here though. The entire cast spends the movie grinning and gawking at the audience as if they are in on some giant joke. "Hey, look at us! We're doing 'Home Alone'! Isn't it funny to remember?" No, it isn't. I'd much rather watch the original. They even do the meta commentary about pointing out how reboots suck and are never as good as the original. Yes, you're right Disney. Why spend all this time advertising how you have no passion for the material in the middle of the movie you are producing?

This approach to the classic material is bad but if it had just been a carbon copy the film would have just been forgettable. The problem is the development of our new generation of bandits and how they contrast with the "hero". Ellie Kemper and Rob Delaney star as the McKenzies, a couple who are in dire financial straits during the holidays while their rich relatives cruelly shove their good fortune down their throats. The McKenzies are about to lose their house when they find out they have a priceless doll in their collection that can save them. Enter Archie Yate's Max Mercer who supposedly steals the doll before his family leaves him home alone in 2021 (with cellphones, the internet, and post-9/11 airport security) I do not want to pile down on Yates who is only a child and gave a great performance in 'JoJo Rabbit. I will say that he is completely wrong and too old for this material and that he is poorly directed by Don Mazer. Culkin was spunky as Kevin McCalister but he was never obnoxious. Max supposedly steals the doll and thus the plot is set in motion. The thing that saves 'Home Sweet Home Alone' from a turkey rating is that I like the McKenzies and the performances. Kemper especially is lovable and sympathetic. The Mercer's are extravagantly rich and live in a giant castle. Max doesn't need any ingenuity or cleverness to put his traps together, the apps and expensive equipment do it for him. And so the movie boils down to a rich spoiled kid torturing a family trying to do right by their kids at Christmas.

How tone deaf can you possibly get Disney?

I don't know how to resurrect 'Home Alone'. It probably shouldn't be resurrected. I won't be watching whatever comes next unless they bring back Culkin, Pesci, and Stern. I'm sure even that would be a failure but if you have to create a cynical nostalgia trip then bring back who I have nostalgia for. Although if there were to be a sequel I'd love to see the McKenzies sue the Mercers...
27 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Predicted disappointment
chunkylefunga21 November 2021
Bad.

Terrible child actor and they had to make it all woke and couldn't have villains who were just bad.

Doubt anyone will be watching this by next Christmas.
19 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
STOP!
lareval25 November 2021
Stop messing around with our childhood or our memories and let the classics stand on their own. Stop doing remakes or reboots that are pure trash like this. It's worthless even as a cashgrab. Awful. Felt sorry for the kid, though.
35 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as great as the originals, but good.
rdoubleoc12 December 2021
I'd give this a solid 8/10 (Update: Giving 9/10 since I feel this is the only worthy addition to the series since #2). I kept getting the mother and woman theif confused, but thought it was good other than that. I might actually watch it again.

It's definitely not as good as the ones with M. Culkin, but I thought it was pretty good. I feel like the best computer graphics just can't touch the best real world effects still, but maybe they just didn't have a big CG budget. And I think they just don't have the creativity and abilities to polish off a movie like they used to (movies today just don't seem as watchable as older ones, let alone researchable, but I've yet to discover why -- maybe they just don't put as much effort into it).

Watch it. I think it's a worthy addition to the series, and I hated the ones without M. Culkin.
11 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not Entertaining, Bad Idea!
BrnzReviews1 December 2021
Home Alone is such a beloved franchise from the 80's that should never have been touched. After the major upset decision of stopping after the second, this is by far one of the worst additions to the franchise. I did give this a go and i jusy couldn't enjoy it at all, there's nothing i liked, its bland, boring and they just used the same songs as the Macauley Culkin movies which felt like a terrible idea.

Really didn't enjoy but some people might like this, just not for me being such a fan of the classics.
21 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As bad as I thought it would be
jakethesnake-4200712 November 2021
Why why why that's all I kept saying to myself. First off maybe they could of done a good home alone film if it was done right but no it was done awful. First off the kid was awful the character is so un likeable what a brat. The bandits are not really bandits there just stupid people. The supporting characters are also bad they try so hard to be like the original characters. The plot is the worse there's no character development. The effects are so bad too at night you can tel it's cgi. The traps are also so bad. Just an awful film.
158 out of 194 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It Was a Mess. Not Joking, It has ZERO Jokes!
Dark_Lord_Mark13 November 2021
I saw this manure, and it was a mess. A hot soaking brown stained mess.

I am not exaggerating, it was not funny. The bad guys weren't bad, because they had reasons. Not joking.

It was low budget and it showed. They tried to do the original gags, but due to Liberalism, they can't. We are all equal, and boys and girls act the same.

No character development, just a bunch of scenes that were strung together. No personalities like mentioned above. The child actor, god bless his soul, was bad, unfunny and couldn't deliver lines. He was unathletic. He couldn't run and perform like Kevin did in the original 2 movies.

Remember when Kevin acted like a kid, made fun of Buzz;s girlfriend...you know being a boy.. That doesn't exist in this movie...because we are all the same and we judging people on looks is bad...barf!!!

So it is truly a 1 out of 10. I gave it 2, because people will simply ignore and call me a hater or some other made up coping word for the truth.
80 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Well, what did you expect?
youngcollind28 December 2021
Being roughly Macaulay Culkin's age, I fully remember the impact that Home Alone had on kids at the time. It's perfect balance of sentimentality and slapstick made it an event upon it's release and endlessly re-watchable when it would inevitably pop up on cable each Christmas. It's goofy, but well made enough that it stands the test of time, and I can't imagine why any modern kid would be pinning for an update, unless they seriously just can't imagine a world without an Alexa. Which begs the question of who this remake is even for, when old folks like me long grew out of it and knew well enough to stay away from the endless sequels that trickled out over the years.

But for anyone who seems visibly angered by this films existence, I urge you to consider this: Home Sweet Home Alone didn't even have a theatrical release, so no one forced you to spend 15 bucks to sit in a dark room giving it your undivided attention. If you have Disney+, it just appeared one day for free, and it was obvious what it was gonna be; holiday fluff you could stick on in the background and still be able to follow while you finish some Christmas chores or nurse an eggnog hangover.

Sure, making the burglars sympathetic doesn't work as well as real bad guys, but there's literally 3 other movies that you already didn't watch that have that exact premise, so at least they tried something new. Sure, she's no Joe Pesci, but Ellie Kemper's patented over acting does fit the intended cartoonish tone. Sure there are some childish jokes and stretches of logic, but this is a Home Alone movie after all. It's got a bigger budget than the last two, so it doesn't reek of "made for TV movie". There's a couple easter eggs that nod towards the first film, and their incorporation of the John Williams score does trigger some nostalgia.

If you want a timeless family classic, just watch the original, again. If you've seen it too recently and want some light Yuletide pablum that tells a familiar story without challenging your brain in any way, well then this exists.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely and literally horrendous
Danny_G1321 January 2022
I'm one of these generous guys who even if I didn't love a movie can still give it 8 for entertaining me. I rarely give a film below 6, because they all have some sort of redeeming value.

But 'Home Sweet Home Alone' is the literally worst movie I've ever seen, and it's only at 20 minutes.

Who, on EARTH signed off on this? Who thought this would make a good movie?

I get a modern reboot of Home Alone isn't the worst idea, but this execution is absolutely criminally dreadful.

Appalling dialogue, worse acting, and yet filmed expensively in 'Hollywood-ovision' so it does actually look the part of a high budget film.

It's just horrible horrible horrible.

It's almost unfathomable how bad the dialogue is, how horrendous the characters are, and it's everything about cinema gone stinkingly wrong.

Just less than drivel, the worst movie I will ever see.

And I'm still only 20 minutes in.

And this review does contain spoilers - the movie itself. Of your mood.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.