Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 30 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for strong violence, disturbing images, suggestive content, partial nudity and brief strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- About 8 minutes in we see a woman nude from behind as she goes for a swim on the beach
- Camera lingers on young adolescents' bodies to show they're getting too big for their swimsuits. Not sexual, but sides of underage breasts and butts are visible.
- A nude woman is seen multiple times throughout the beginning of the movie.
- Topless male nudity throughout
- Characters are shown in a tent then based on the context of the film, are seen pregnant 5 minutes later implying sexual acts that they did to cause.
Violence & Gore
- A character is repeatedly stabbed during oine sequence with blood and injury detail.
- During a self-surgery sequence, a tumor is seen getting cut open from a body. It is then visible once opened up. Very graphic.
- A use of "fucking" (I was a fucking coward) and uses of "shit", "ass" & "damn".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- I feel that
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Two instances of a character having seizures. Both are always on screen. Very intense.
- Most need to note that while some characters are young when they die in the movie they have aged older then they are. So these scenes don't look like actual young people dying
- A very maximised PG-13 film. Would be a hard R.
Sex & Nudity
- Around the 8-minute mark, a woman is shown disrobing. She is shown from behind and the side of a breast is shown. She walks away from the camera and her bare butt is shown for about three seconds. About ten minutes later, her nude corpse is shown in the water. Her bare butt is seen again and the side of her breast is shown as she's pulled out of the water.
- It is implied that two children have sex without realizing what it is. She is later found to be pregnant and the boy's father tells him what they did is "how babies are made". Nothing is actually shown though, with the exception of her having a round belly.
Violence & Gore
- A scene where a character breaks her bone. Wound visible. Briefly brutal.
- A man dies of blood poisoning in an accelerated manner. His skin bubbles black and disturbing sores appear all over his skin as he dies in agony.
- A woman breaks all of her bones and they continuously heal instantaneously in the wrong positions, causing her body to become horrifically contorted and dies afterwards. Very disturbing.
- A large tumour is extracted from a woman's stomach. It is sliced open and is seen getting retrieved out. Little blood is visible. Not too gory and her wound heals instantly.
- The cancer surgery sequence has some blood. The shots are quick (3 seconds max).
- A man is stabbed with a rusty knife, and due to aging, disease spreads through his body rapidly.
- A man decides to swim around the beach to get help. This fails and we see his dead body wash up on the shore. No blood or gore, although his body is discolored somewhat.
- A dead woman is covered in a towel that is removed to reveal that her body decomposed very quickly to bone. We don't see any of the skeleton besides a shot of the characters from inside the rib cage.
- A woman holds a large rock over her head, intending to strike two other characters. She accidentally drops it and breaks her arm in half. It heals very quickly but in the wrong place. More bones break and this repeats over and over until her legs and arms and shoulders are all broken and healed again incorrectly until her body is extremely contorted. She screams and cries out in pain before finally dying from her injuries. Very disturbing scene.
- A man fatally stabs another man multiple times. We see blood soak through his shirt and on his mouth but no wounds are seen.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A sequence where a 6 year old (who has physically aged to her mid 20s) gives birth. This is done in a single shot, so everything is shown at once. The baby then immediately dies because one minute of aging on the island equates to weeks of aging, meaning it did not receive postnatal care. Within an hour there's nothing left of the baby but bones and dust.
- A woman with a severe calcium deficiency that has affected the curvature of the spine because of rapid aging goes into hysterics and begins rapidly breaking various bones which, due to the effects of the island, immediately heal in their broken position. What is left of her by the time she dies is a severely mangled body where every single limb and body part is cracked and broken and then healed in the wrong position in numerous different ways.
- There's a sequence where a tumor is removed from a woman that slowly grows in size. On screen, it's shown to be the size of a watermelon when pulled away.
- The most disturbing is near the end. A woman in an enclosed space breaks a bone, but before she can snap it back into place, her body ages, and her bone stay in the broken shape. She breaks another bone and it locks as well. She keeps breaking bones, and soon becomes a writing ball and dies shortly afterwards. Most of the scene is in the dark, lit by matches. Still frightening.
- A woman has several repeated epileptic seizures that last for seconds at a time where she shakes violently for a few seconds and then stops and then starts again as time is moving very rapidly. She foams at the mouth and eventually dies after a little less than a minute. All of it is shown in one shot. Very disturbing but no blood/gore.
- A woman has an epileptic seizure in a public restaurant. Some glass or ceramic is heard shattering slightly off screen. She falls to the floor and her body shakes violently for several moments. She turns out fine.