Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 38 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language including sexual references, and some drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- Crude sex references.
- Very brief 1 second image of sex between 2 humanoid like aliens.
- Scene with women wearing very little coverage at the first couple of minutes of the movie, in the comic cone part. This takes about 10 seconds. Thighs, side boobs etc visible.
- One of the main characters show a comic cover with the drawing of a green woman with very revealing outfit ( just nipples covered on upper body for example). Camera really zooms in on it and the characters talk about it.
- The second time a comic cover with nudity is shown, one of the characters asks if it is porn? They also make very specific comments about the woman on the coverage.
- Woman grabs man's crotch for several seconds.
- Paul is disguised as a statue at a comic book store to avoid getting caught by an agent who finds out that he's real by touching Paul's genitalia off screen.
- An alien puts 2 glazed donuts on his fingers as the main characters are talking about aliens probing them
- Sex and nudity isn't really a problem at all. The language isn't really that bad and its not too frequent and definitely not excessive. Should be PG-13
- An alien stands on an RV dashboard, and moons people ahead of him.
- Several men ask an alien if he is going to probe them with fingers or metal probes; the alien says this is a myth
Violence & Gore
- Only real violent scene in the film is when a man is shot in the leg and blood sprays everywhere. Played for laughs
- A man is shot in the chest with a shotgun. A giant wound appears on his chest and a comically large amount of blood pours from it. However, he is revived by an alien who takes the wound, which almost immediately closes up.
- An unseen force knocks an alien onto his back, apparently dead (he is not dead).
- An alien revives a bird that died from a windshield impact, and then eats it and coughs up feathers.
- The bottom of a flying alien vessel falls onto a dog offscreen, we hear a sound and later we hear that the dog died.
- Several men chase various vehicles on deserted highways and swerve and shoot out windshields and side windows; no one is hurt.
- A man shoots a man through the window of his truck and we later see that the man's Bible stopped the bullet.
- A man fires a gun through a window of a house where the gas burner is on, it explodes and the property is in flames (we see the man with a swollen, charred head and face).
- Several men point guns at one another and shout throughout the film, but do not shoot.
- A man keeps a shotgun at home and shoots it several times at intruders on his property and at an RV on the road; he doesn't hit anyone.
- Several men slap one another in the face while shouting strings of profanity, but are unharmed; they often receive blows to the groin without permanent harm.
- A woman kicks the groin of a man and he doubles over in pain and shouts.
- A man is struck in the groin by a flying object and later by a child kicking him; he doubles over and groans.
- An alien shape-shifts several times, becoming invisible, and appears out of nowhere to scare several people.
- An alien performs mind melds, via fingers to the head, with half a dozen people; they each faint and two of the people argue with the alien loudly before and after they wake up (about God and evolution).
- An alien heals a woman's milky, blind eye after he rubs his hands together and touches it (his eye becomes milky as hers clears and then his clears and she can see); they argue about healing and he ends the argument with a declaration that healing is a natural part of evolution.
- A car with a man inside drives off a tall bridge and we see a fireball rise above the railing.
- Strong language.
- There is a drawing with the f word on it and an alien doing the middle finger
- About 56 F-words, 6 sexual references, 45 scatological terms, 30 anatomical terms, 17 mild obscenities, 10 religious profanities, 23 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some references to weed and joints
- A space alien and a woman share a marijuana cigarette around a campfire and drink beer from bottles with two other people. Three men drink beer in a trailer park.
- A space alien smokes 3 cigarettes and a man smokes 1 cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A comment is made about a gay bar and a man asks another to 'keep your queer eyes off me' may be offensive to some.
- There is an upsetting scene near the end.
- The entire film is comedic in effect, however, and not upsetting or scary.
- Some Christians may find the film offensive, as Paul proves the theory of God wrong to a Christian.