Squid Game (2021)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 43 items
Sex & Nudity
- In one of the episodes, there are several female characters in body paint. All nudity is obscured by paint and cannot be seen.
- Episode 5 there is a brief mention of necrophilia, nothing overly explicit.
- In episode 5 male buttocks nudity is briefly shown.
- A woman flirts with a man who then proceeds to imply wanting sexual favours. He disgusts her and then walks away. Later, the same woman threatens to urinate on the floor and then goes into the bathroom, where she reaches into her pants and moans and gasps as she pulls out some concealed cigarretes and a lighter.
- An older man asks another man to join him for a sexual encounter. Upon doing so, the older man removes his bed robe revealing his bottom, and asks the younger man to satisfy him. Nothing is shown as this request is halted.
- A man and woman have sex in a bathroom. You see her moving up and down on the man, and one of her breasts is shown.
- A few episodes after the sex scene in the bathroom, a male and female are arguing and the woman replies "your d*ck is small" as an insult to the argument.
Violence & Gore
- A man and woman are thrown out of a vehicle .
- A man struggles with another man for an envelope. As they struggle, the other man shoves him and the man grabs on a machine, the machine then crushes his fingers and blood can be spurting out everywhere.
- Bodies are shown hanging for all the contenders to see.
- Organs are removed from some dead bodies. Shots showing eyeballs, a heart and other organs are clearly visible, though only for a few seconds.
- Every episode contains bloody shooting, sometimes at a point blank range. Frequent fighting, sometimes with weapons such as small knives or metal bars. The characters cannot clean themselves up after these fights or games, so any blood on their faces or clothing remains there.
- A man is stabbed to death on a bridge, blood is seen and the scene goes on for quite some time. The man's killer then jumps off of the bridge into the water below.
- A character's leg is bitten and has a chunk of flesh torn off. The bloody flesh is then spat back out.
- A character is impaled through the hand with a knife. He pulls it out, causing him to scream and bleed.
- There is very intense violence, gore and bloodshed throughout the series. People are shot in the head, stabbed and killed. You can see blood on the ground spilling, dead bodies etc.
- A man has his hand sucked into a machine, crushing it, lots of blood visible. He screams in pain and attempts to pull his hand free.
- They are several uses of F*** and its derivatives. Also other profanity like dick, d***head, sh*t, b**ch, as***le, etc.
- Based off English subtitles with the original Korean audio, profanity also includes countless religious exclamations, usually god damn, except when one character prays to God a lot.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Man smoking outside gas station. Other scenes depict smoking and drinking in various locations.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This show can be frightening and intense for some viewers. It shows people being killed as well as screaming/pleading for their lives.
- Many people are brutally shot.
- Killings in the second and fourth game are done by a point blank execution, can get very bloody and disturbing.
- A man gets his hand crushed in an open piece of machinery. He screams in pain and blood is seen coming out of his hand stump. Very graphic.
- It becomes very clear that you have be selfish in order to win the games, which lead to some very shocking and heartbreaking moments which can deeply affect the audience.
- Comment removed as it referred only to a local rating. These vary from region to region and are provided at the top of the page. In any case, a local rating cannot be described as frightening or intense.
- Suggested MPAA Rating: Rated R for strong graphic violence and sexuality/nudity, and language
Violence & Gore
- The first episode towards the end the first game is played. People are shot in the head and body, blood flies out everywhere. Lots of blood and pretty graphic. There aren't any limbs lost.
- A mass riot breaks out during the night, many people are brutally killed with sharp objects and metal bars. (Very Brief)
- A scene plays with a man carrying an eyeball of a deceased body. The deceased's intestinal organs are shown briefly.
- A character has a large shard of glass stuck from her abdomen. Lots of blood shown on hands, sink and surroundings as she attempts to remove it and clean herself up.
- There is a player who is a trained doctor, and performs surgery. He can be seen covered in blood during these scenes, with a bloody apron on, blood on his face and blood and guts covering his hands.
- One of the games involves falling from a great height. Players that die during this challenge can be seen dead on the floor afterwards. Lots of blood on the floor surrounding their bodies, along with brief shots of split skulls leaking brains, and otherwise bloody and crushed bodies.
- Organ harvesting is practiced by several characters.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- One of the games played is tug of war, the losing teams fall to their death.
- The 6th episode is extremely sad.
- Participants agree to play games without realising they will be deadly.
- Players are lured unknowingly into killing people they like and have bonded with.
- A winning player commits suicide by hanging.
- People die falling from height.
- In one of the episodes, players kill each other on a dark, enclosed stage with strobe lights.
- Jang Deok-Su is basically a stereotypical tough gangster type dude, who stops at nothing to get his way. He beats many people dead.
- Sympathetic characters die tragically.