Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) Poster

4,040 Reviews
Phenomenal conclusion
masonsaul15 December 2021
Spider-Man: No Way Home is a phenomenal conclusion to the trilogy and Holland's best outing as Spidey yet. Starts off fun, safe and familiar and then becomes extremely emotional, satisfying and full of great callbacks. A love letter to all things Spider-Man.

Tom Holland gives an incredible lead performance once again, reliably charming and likeable but with a lot more emotional heft this time around. Zendaya and Jacob Batalon both have perfect chemistry with Holland and are also incredible in their own ways.

Benedict Cumberbatch reaffirms why he's such a good Doctor Strange with his excellent dry wit and gravitas. All the returning villains give strong performances but Willem Dafoe is definitely the standout performance with an unsettling and terrifying presence.

Jon Watts' direction is superb, the action sequences are thrillingly acrobatic once again but refreshingly impactful this time around. There's a few homages to the styles of the previous iterations and some gorgeous imagery.

It's also perfectly paced with none of its roughly 2hr 30 minute runtime feeling dull or overly long due to a strong momentum established early on. The CG is extremely impressive with only a few weak spots.

The music by Michael Giacchino is fantastic, a nice balance of themes from the previous iterations and use of Holland's iconic motifs which are slightly altered in ways that work as well as a few new additions that are beautifully epic.
974 out of 1,425 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SUPERHERO EXTRAVAGANZA!!!
andrewchristianjr15 December 2021
Superhero extravaganza! Spider-Man NWH didn't meet my expectations, it exceeded them. The most emotionally resonant MCU film so far. This movie is worth every excruciating moment we had to wait. The visuals, the score, the emotions, the story, and ofc the fan-service. This film understands spider-man fans like no other spider-man film before it. Truly a celebration of the most beloved character in the best way possible!
558 out of 942 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A franchise in decline, and this meta nonsense doesn't help
blott2319-124 December 2021
I was already concerned about Spider-Man: No Way Home when I walked into the theater (one could say I was expecting to be disappointed.) I kind of hate the idea of delving too deep into a multiverse, because I think it muddles things too much, and defies the internal logic of most stories. Sure enough that was something I felt while watching this film. This movie cannot hold up to even the tiniest bit of analysis, because it creates plot holes that you can drive a freight train through. It's kind of sad because there were some moments in the movie that I genuinely loved, but all I can think about days later are the myriad of questions that I'm left with because this movie created so many situations that make no sense.

My other big problem with Spider-Man: No Way Home is not really a fault of the movie, but more of the society we live in today. Living in an internet-focused culture, we are bombarded by ads and news stories that relate to the things that interest us. SInce I've shown my love for all things MCU in the past, of course I see plenty of things crossing my radar about the upcoming films. I was able to avoid watching any trailers for this movie, which I thought would help, but by merely catching headlines of casting rumors I could foresee every surprise they built into it. Of course any logical mind could put two and two together once the guest appearances start, so I suppose this isn't a movie that is going to blow away audiences with its surprises.

As I said, though, my disappointment is quite frustrating because I also found many aspects of No Way Home so satisfying. They wrapped up some story elements nicely, and this might have contained some of the best acting in any Marvel movie. In particular, I found Zendaya so surprisingly strong, I was almost able to ignore her lack of character motivation in some key moments. She wasn't the only person in the film that behaved stupidly, in fact the central premise of the film is built on a horrible idea from Aunt May that seems altruistic, but lacks any 4th-dimensional thinking which I would expect from a genius like Peter Parker. But smart people being dumb is the catalyst of the entire story, as even Dr. Strange doesn't seem to think anything through, past Peter's initial request.

No Way Home is easily the most meta Spider-Man movie ever made, which is kind of shocking to say in a post "Into the Spider-verse" world. It's catering to the most die-hard fans in the world, but it's more of a nod to the fans of the Spider-Man movies. I was always a huge fan of the multitude of Spider-Man comic books when I was a collector, but I've typically struggled with his portrayal in films. So, giving all these nods to things that came before Tom Holland took over the role on the big screen, falls a bit flat for me. One of the things I loved about this iteration of the character is that it avoided the cliches and saved us so much of the traditional Spider-Man origin story, but this movie back-pedaled and became a copy of a copy of a copy.

This return to cliche also sucked some of the emotion out of key moments as any fan of the character should know the same old tropes by now. I almost got emotional at the end because of the great acting performances, but the big emotional moment earlier in the film did nothing for me as all I could think was "really, we're going there?" There are some good laughs in the film, although I wonder how well it will hold up on rewatch. And I will rewatch this film, as I do with all MCU movies, but I think at this point Spider-Man: No Way Home sits as my least favorite in the franchise. In fact, I'm at a point right now where I'm questioning if I will keep being a diehard fan of everything the MCU churns out. This film wasn't what I'd call a complete failure, but I'm concerned the MCU is getting closer to one of those. Perhaps EndGame should have been exactly what the title implies.
326 out of 546 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A MASSIVE treat for every Spidey fan out there.
Prashast_Singh16 December 2021
This is a movie made purely to satisfy the fans and there should be no doubt about that. No Way Home, in my opinion, is even better than Homecoming and Far From Home, and pretty much one of the best MCU movies of all time. It's a simple story, but the execution is fantastic. Even the smallest of surprises have a huge impact, and I could feel that in the theatre as I joined several other Spider-Man fans cheer out for both heroes and villains. The action sequences were brilliant; seeing them in 3D is totally worth the price of admission. Every actor delivered a believable, realistic performance, and especially our lead actor Tom Holland. The visual effects too were top notch and the editing was stupendous. Two and a half hours flew by real quick while watching this popcorn action entertainer. It won't be fair to reveal anything, so here I conclude my review, and recommend you to check out this new world of Spidey-ness on the big screen and in 3D. And once you've seen it, please don't spoil it for others, just like you won't want it spoiled for yourself.
434 out of 747 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Idiotic childish movie
jaapeelman21 March 2022
I really do NOT understand the high score for this movie.

The storyline is idiotic and childish with monsters and spider-men coming from different dimensions all because some spell from dr. Strange went bad.

My God, what a piece of crap this movie... The special effects are as expected great but the rest is really a bunch of nonsense!

I love Spider-man, Batman, the Hulk etc but this movie is really terrible and I wasted 148minutes precious time.

Take my word for it: the best thing to do is to skip this movie and wait for something better to watch, which is not hard as there are not many movies as dumb as this one!
217 out of 368 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They did it! A Spider-Man trilogy finally stuck the landing!
cricketbat17 December 2021
They did it! A Spider-Man trilogy finally stuck the landing! Spider-Man: No Way Home is an impressive culmination of the films that came before it, with an engaging storyline, exciting action, laugh out loud moments, and dramatic consequences. The beginning climb is a little slow, but it's an exhilarating ride once things get swinging. I don't exactly know how this movie will hold up after multiple viewings, as there are some plot points that don't quite make sense when you start to think about them, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself this first time.
312 out of 577 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A lazy mash up of Spider-Man films
elliotjeory27 March 2022
I was disappointed, they have run out of ideas so they bring out Spider-Man greatest hits. I found it rather boring and I think it's getting silly all these cross over films but the masses keep going so they will continue to make them. It's a good film for die hard fans but for the casual viewer it lacks any real substance.
83 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow!
Sleepin_Dragon2 January 2022
What cinemas were made for. I wasn't expecting something quite as amazing as this, this was two and a half hours of incredible entertainment, drama, laughs, tears and action galore, there truly was something for everyone here.

This movie really has ignited my love for the franchise once again, and I am truly excited for what comes next.

Nostalgia, there seems to be a real thirst for it these days, and there is a lot of it to enjoy here. There are plenty of moments throughout that will have you speechless, they really do break all of the rules here.

This is one incredibly good looking movie, dazzling special effects, dizzying action scenes, two and a half hours will literally fly by.

Incredible, 10/10.
476 out of 897 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
CRAZY
FeastMode17 December 2021
Don't watch the trailers. Just watch the movie. I'm not going to say much. It's amazing. And I'm in complete disbelief that it actually happened. Well-made, well-acted, well-directed. Fun, funny and crazy with a ton of heart. Can't wait to watch it again. (5 viewings, opening night IMAX 12/16/2021, IMAX 12/29/2021, IMAX 1/20/2022, IMAX 2/2/2022, Re-issue UltraScreen 9/7/2022)
420 out of 789 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Movie Of The Year
HabibieHakim12315 December 2021
First of all, i was so grateful to be experience this movie in theaters, with a great audience that as excited as me, they were clapping and the movie deserve it, Spider-Man No Way Home is everybody's dream, it's an exciting movie, with an epic story, and phenomenal performance, it just amazing, it's incredible, it's fantastic, it's mind blowing, it's an experience that i will never forget, once cross in my mind that this one is probably even better than Avengers Endgame, but as the time goes, it's still not reach that level but that really doesn't mean anything, both movie are epic, Spider-Man No Way Home is one of the greatest movie i've ever watch, one of the greatest superhero movie i've ever watch, and it simply The Best Movie Of The Year.
330 out of 616 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ridiculousness
thejeta113 March 2022
I'm unsure of why this has received a high IMDb rating. It's rubbish and slow and nonsensical. Instead this film rakes in all past cast members for some obscure reminiscent feelgood film. Trash at its Hollywood best. You've been warned.
277 out of 477 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spectacle, But Not Spectacular
atlasmb11 March 2022
My expectations for this film were off the chart due to what I had heard and read about how great it is. What it does deliver is plenty of spectacle. But a great film needs more than that. The story also moves along with some pace. But emotional impact should never be sacrificed for expediency. In short, this is an enjoyable film, but there have been better Marvel films.

There is one scene that stands above the rest. And it is guaranteed to bring a smile to the lips of any Marvel fan. It has so much subtext and it is so unexpected.

It ends with a tee-up for the next chapter, of course. I just hope that one focuses more on the characters and less on the effects. It certainly has that possibility, given where this episode ends.
97 out of 171 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumbed down to new lows.
prashant-636772 May 2022
The marvel films have been turned to dumbed down comic moronic trash. It seems that only those who can leave their brains behind are supposed to watch this kindergarten stuff. What a fall in quality, intensity and direction from Sam Raimi's days. He started the franchise on a high note. Now, the trash is unrecognizable. However, its understandable, as the world is increasingly getting dumber. The films are being dumbed down to keep up with the changing times.
95 out of 161 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Easily one of the best films in the MCU
ethanbresnett15 December 2021
This film really is something special.

I enjoyed every single second and would happily have lapped up hours more of it.

Everything about it is executed so well. I mean SO well.

Not a single Marvel fan alive will be disappointed by this.
353 out of 665 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best marvel movies ever!
UniqueParticle18 December 2021
An exhilarating wild ride from start to finish which is perfect for a runtime of 2 hours 28 minutes! I'm glad I managed to see in IMAX at 11:40 AM well worth it especially with an audience that reacted loudly to exciting bits. I absolutely love the grand scale of everything from the multiverse, characters, massive budget, tingling sense is so well done, and the humor is spot on. Fans or not of the movies Spider-Man: No Way Home is crystal smooth flow of excellence!
307 out of 583 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A memorable, passionate, once-in-a-lifetime cinematic experience.
msbreviews15 December 2021
If you enjoy reading my Spoiler-Free thoughts, please follow my blog to read my full review :)

"Spider-Man: No Way Home is one of the darkest, saddest, emotionally draining entries in the MCU, surpassing all of my expectations.

Despite a messy, convoluted first half with some pacing issues and occasionally frustrating, poorly placed humor, Jon Watts, Chris McKenna, and Erik Sommers more than compensate these minor issues with some of the best (and brutally violent) Spider-Man action ever witnessed on screen.

In addition to this, the surprisingly coherent narrative packs shocking developments and actually offers enough screentime for the villains to significantly impact Peter Parker's arc. Unbelievably outstanding performances from everyone involved, especially Tom Holland, Zendaya, and Willem Dafoe.

A heartfelt, nostalgic homage to the Spider-Man legacy that fans will rewatch countless times, laughing and crying along for many more years to come.

A memorable, passionate, once-in-a-lifetime cinematic experience."

Rating: A.
263 out of 496 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Epic Film That Really Delivers
alindsayal15 December 2021
Finally, the biggest film Spider-Man: No Way Home has hit cinemas and I had to go see it as early as possible. Now I have watched it, here is my review for the film. The premise of the film sees Spider-Man's secret identity revealed, he tries to get Doctor Strange's help to fix things but this leads to some unwanted visitors from other universes to cause problems for both of them.

Main Character Tom Holland has played Spider-Man for a while now and for me this is his best performance in the role. You really see how he has grown and this film shows real depth to the character and how he has kind of grown up into this crazy world. He doesn't have much rest in the film and it really pushes Holland to impress in the majority of his scenes and I thought he was great in really making Spider-Man a top hero in The MCU.

Supporting Characters Zendaya plays MJ and I was just really happy to see the dynamic between her and Peter in this film. Despite everything that goes on they are a pretty strong couple and it is just nice for a comic book film to have a relationship that feels natural without overpowering the main plot. Benedict Cumberbatch reprises his role as Doctor Strange and he is really good, I really like how despite being a hero he has a more mature and different viewpoint to Spider-Man. He adds some really interesting parts to the film and plays a unique role in the progress of the story and Spider-Man as a character. Jacob Batalon is back as Ned and he is much better then the role he played in Far From Home. He is just a fun character that supports Peter, he is way more involved with Spider-Man and that improves his character so much. Marisa Tomei is back as Aunt May and again she is more involved this time out and is just a really great person for Holland to bounce off and the dynamic just really works and makes their relationship feel very real. Willem Dafoe, Alfred Molina and Jamie Foxx reprise their roles as Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus and Electro. Dafoe and Molina are great and really flourish in their roles, but the surprise is Foxx as Max Dillon/Electro. He is so much better then he was in Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I am glad he got given this 2nd chance here.

Story The story is really great, I was worried with all of the multiverse elements that the focus could have been taken off of a character arc for Spider-Man but it nails this element. Peter has a real arc and it develops incredibly well and for me was a real highlight. It is obviously great seeing the returning villains and they are treated with respect and their characters are further explored. The ending feels deserved and because you are so invested it feels really earnt.

Script MCU films often get criticised for their scripts including too much humour in them, but I actually think the balance is really handled well here. Yes there are funny moments here but for me they didn't outweigh the serious and darker parts of the film.

Style The film looks great, the actions scenes are all really fun and seeing The MCU Spider-Man going against villains from the other franchises works very well and allows for some fun sequences. The pacing for the film is also really good, despite being 2 hours 30 mins it never felt too long and I honestly believe that there isn't really any filler here which is an impressive feat.

Overall Overall, Spider-Man: No Way Home is an epic film that really lives up to the hype. I am possibly still buzzing because I have just watched the film but I can't find too much fault and this is a Spider-Man fans dream film and anybody will find this film plenty of fun.

Rating - 10/10.
197 out of 366 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quite brilliant
Sergiodave16 December 2021
If you thought the Marvel Universe had reached it's climax with Avengers Endgame, then think again, this was superb, and far more entertaining than any other Spiderman movie. Very cleverly done, mixing laughs and tears. If this is the way phase 4 is going to go then bring it on. This is the reason you go to the cinema, wonderful entertainment.
252 out of 479 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Generic MCU product but this time they ruined characters from past films as well.
MonsterVision9929 December 2021
Well... at least it made me appreciate the Sam Raimi movies a bit more.

Every character from past movies is done badly (in the case of the Raimi characters) or even worse (since The Amazing Spider-Man was terrible to begin with). They try to give Hollands Spider-Man a bit more development and growth but too little, too late.

Utter garbage. Typical of Hollywood and the MCU.
56 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
so bad NO WAY IT'S AN 8.7...STOP THE FAKE RATINGS
loozzotys28 January 2022
Zendaya such bad and just awful actress.

Bad CGI, predictable script and dialogue again. . I expected alot more..bad acting..Tom Holland's over-acting is so bad...what happened to real acting?

The dialogue is so bad and childish and predictable and boring. What a complete waste of time and Zendaya is just bad actress. What a waste of time.

Too many fake accounts making 10/10 scores.
175 out of 321 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In no way good
Criticalstaff14 March 2022
It might be the worst movie ever made. Not just because it is bad, but because of the misuse of all the resources that went into making it.

I will be the first to admit that I have propensity to look for meaning when I am watching a film. Be it the straight-forward moral of the story or a higher meaning, something to make you think. That is how I enjoy cinema the most, when it gives me something to think about. Big or small. When the images on the screen are about something more than simply the images on the screen.

This film is the complete opposite of it. Its meaning is inward-looking. It is not interested of looking at anything other than itself. It is complete and utter navel-gazing. That really is the crux of the film. That is the reason why this is barely watchable. Every flaw and mistake comes from this movie's own excessive self-contemplation.

Where to put the blame is a different question. It has been established for some time that these MCU films are not "directed". There is no singular vision behind them and it boils down to an assembly line. The plot and dialogue are so bad I can't imagine anyone put any amount of thought into it. All the lines do actually feel like ad-libs the actors improvised on the day. Visually there is an absence of flair (and I am being generous) which is on par for the course for these movies by now. The soundtrack and sound design is, of course, forgettable. The editing is conventional. The set design is reminiscent of those real-estate videos where celebrities show their homes. The costume design is ok, again which is not shocking knowing the means that were allocated to this.

The acting could have been the saving grace of the movie. Unfortunately, Tom Holland, Zendaya and Jacob Batalon are the stars of the film. And while their performances are good, they usually have to share the screen with (multiple) Oscar-winners. It is jarring to see the best talent doing what is basically glorified background work. That is why this is the worst movie of all time. You have a film packed with the best actors working today, but we have to follow Tom Holland's inane struggle on how to apply to some college.

I am not even sure I want to go into the plot. In truth it does not matter. I suspect that even the makers of this took that as a given. The Marvel Cinematic Universe has now morphed into a never ending reference and call-backs machine. That is the core of this film: "remember this?!" The structure of it is one of a TV show, except in TV there is an A-plot and a B-plot. This film is all B-plot.

As I am writing this, this film has been viewed by millions and is one of the highest grossing movies of all time. Please kill me now.
90 out of 159 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The most fan-servicey film that ever fan-serviced
evansjoshyr15 December 2021
The cheers in the cinema said it all. This is a film for the fans of spider-man and is a Swan song to his history on the big screen. Sure some of the comedy doesn't quite hit, there are some pacing troubles and not every character has enough screen time to flesh out their character.

But despite its problems, this film excels at listening to the fans and giving a spider-man movie that will be remembered as ending an era just as endgame is remembered for the avengers.
115 out of 208 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sad and mindless 2.5 hrs
FixedYourEnding20 March 2022
I feel sad to be living in a time where a movie like this can get high ratings. This movie is for low-attention-span adrenaline-immuned viewers, which unfortunately there are more and more of. Unless you are a group of teenagers looking for a night-out, I would not recommend this movie at all.

I didn't expect much from this movie other to be an entertaining comic-book-like story. Boy, was I disappointed. It has been no more than a collection of random fight scenes with incoherent story and almost random dialogues in-between. Also, I think the casting of Spider-man, M. J. and Aunt May are just horrible. Tom Holland appears to have the brain of a 10-year old, and Zendaya is great in other films, but as MJ she just doesn't work, same goes for Aunt May (Marisa Tomei) she looks way too young, flirty and brainless, exact opposite of what this character should be.

Overall it is a slaughterhouse to everything that spider-man should stand for. It is concentrated around universes and egocentric personal problems instead of being a moral model of real-world problems. The 2.5 hours long movie seem to just be an adrenaline shot one after the other, no substance and nothing to learn from. I'm sadden by having to write this, the production quality is great but where is a plot, a moral and generally being a better person. Sony should be ashamed of themselves for dragging Stan Lee's creation through the mud like that and Marvel should consider terminating their license for this creation. Seriously.
47 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What is the hype?
potipiroon26 December 2021
I decided to go see this movie because of the 8.9 rating, which was based on more than 200,000 reviews. Honestly, I am shocked. The movie was so boring that I actually fell asleep at one point. The plot was very childish and unnecessarily long. I heard that some people actually left the theater out of boredom. I assume the high rating was only possible because of such strong a fandom. Overall, I felt like I just lost 2.5 hours of my life.
56 out of 95 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the best experiences
NicolasTheWolf15 December 2021
This was one of the most impressive cinema experiences I ever had. Spider-Man: No Way Home really had it all. I still have no words for what I just witnessed.

Amazing.
101 out of 188 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.