Eddie the Eagle (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some suggestive material, partial nudity and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- The film contains a scene where the coach teaches the protagonist a ski-jump technique by drawing an analogy to sexual activity, using terms such as "foreplay, straining and then release." The coach further exaggerates his explanation with facial expressions, hand gestures, and sexual/orgasmic sounds.
- There is some talk of "making love to Bo Derek."
- A woman eludes to sleeping with other ski jumpers in the past and talks to a young man in a seductive manner.
- A man says "If I did not ski I would just drink and have sex all the time."
- There is a scene in a sauna where several men are fully nude. A lot is shown, but genitalia is cleverly hidden from view.
Violence & Gore
- A man takes a swing at another then gets punched in the face. Nothing very graphic.
- Shows several crashes on ski slopes.
- "Damn" and "hell" are used a few times.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One man is an alcoholic and drinks very frequently from a flask. He is shown drunk once and tries to pick a fight.
- A young man is tricked into a drinking game where he drinks several shots of alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Based on the true story of the British skier, Michael Edwards, this film revolves around how the skier overcomes various obstacles to become the first competitor to represent Great Britain in Olympic ski jumping in 1988.
- The film also makes it clear how dangerous ski jumping can be even for the properly trained, both in the lead character's trainer's advice and accidents depicted.