Ginny & Georgia (TV Series 2021– ) Poster

(2021– )

1,006 Reviews
Decent show other than Ginny's annoying behaviour.
asazii7 March 2021
Overall I liked the show. However, I found Ginny to be incredibly annoying with her spoiled and privileged behaviour. She is downright rude to her friends and mom. Her character has a lot of maturing to do.
245 out of 284 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Half/Half
sasssin31 March 2021
The adult sides of the story line is GREAT. Georgia is so funny and such an interesting character. The kids side.... cringe, awkward, too much of sexualizing teens, Ginny is annoying as hell.
95 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ginny is whiney, annoying, and angry.
annacqa11 March 2021
It's really hard to watch this show even though I like the other characters. Ginny is possibly the most obnoxious tv teenager I've ever seen. She has a horrible attitude. I understand she's supposed to be an angry teenager but she comes across righteous and smug. Georgia is excellent though. And wish there was more Joe.
126 out of 153 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great watch
This season was a really great watch. I couldn't stop. I binged all 10 episodes the same day lol. The originality of the characters and their charm really pull you in and get you invested. Don't listen to the crazy Taylor Swift fans getting mad over one single line in the whole show of 10 episodes. I love T Swift as much as the next person but geez, calm down.
355 out of 461 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show
schieman1 March 2021
Hopefully green lighted for season 2!! This show was fabulous
262 out of 367 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I loved this show!
vegas_lights1 March 2021
It's such a shame to see a great show take a hit at ratings because of cancel culture. So, to anyone reading this unsure wether to give it a go, if you enjoy an easy watch with great storylines and romance, I'd definitely say yes. I'd say the target audience is teens/YA but I'm pushing 30yo and LOVED it! The ratings have taken a hit due to a Taylor Swift comment and from someone who loves Taylor's music it's ridiculous that no one can mention ANYTHING anymore without it offending someone. Definitely recommend this series, hoping for s2!!
200 out of 288 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
5 star for the mom....
cosmic_kisses12322 March 2021
It's a shame really because the mother is really likeable and the relationship she builds with the characters is believable. Unfortunately, Ginny's character wasn't as likeable. She doesn't interact with the male characters enough to believe why they like her or to root for a specific pairing.
22 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exciting
linn-sundling1 March 2021
This show was exciting and fun at the same time. From the first episode I was hooked and watch the entire show in just three days!
160 out of 233 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I liked it
dreamingwolf-0125328 February 2021
I really like it. Its more realistic than most shows. People in some of these reviews want fantasy but to be honest this show touches base on how teenagers really are these days.
162 out of 237 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Golden
anileoyoseliani27 February 2021
THE TWISTS, THE DRAMA. Heartfelt, extra dramatic, wholesome and twisty. What a show. Teenage drama mixed in with some really provocative themes, important commentary, intricately bizarre story lines and some truly wonky characters. A mother-daugther story that is far beyond their own relationship which is born out of a stereotypical "free spirit" mom on the run storyline. It's chaotic in a wonderful way. Bless. waiting for a second season.
150 out of 220 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
just because TSwift hates it. Doesn't. Make. It. Bad.
lil_skittle221 March 2021
The show is super adorable! Have we seen it before? yes. But, what haven't we seen before? Georgia is hilarious and how can you hate anything with Scott Porter in it? The ONLY reason people hate it is because Taylor Swift made ONE comment about it. Unfortunately when you're famous your life Is in the open. Grow up and ignore one comment. The show is about inclusion and the characters are adorable.
144 out of 212 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not at all what I was expecting (in a good way).
michroberto25 February 2021
This show surprised me. It's more than just a teen drama. I appreciate the racially mixed casting and the delving into issues faced by biracial kids. All of the comparisons to Gilmore Girls are purely superficial and take away from the darkness that I felt this show did very well. I think the casting was really well done. I say kudos to the casting of the "teen" actors. They all looked pretty young (they looked 20 instead of 25-30 like usual in these shows).

If you are expecting something as light and fluffy as the GG, you will be disappointed. But if you want something entertaining with very dark tones and some pretty realistic teen characters... give it a try.
148 out of 222 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As a man...
jdarden-903031 March 2021
Can't believe I'm reviewing this show. But seeing all the negative reviews over a Taylor Swift comment is pretty ridiculous. Great show and if the people that were so quick to judge would give the show a chance they would see that. Really like Georgia as a character and overall just great writing. Can't believe all the bad reviews, just petty and hypocritical.
182 out of 284 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AMAZING
sahgny2 March 2021
Honestly didn't think this show would be for me but I gave it a chance and it was brilliant, funny, wholesome, relatable, witty and the cast!! The cast are perfect! 10/10 would recommend

And the Taylor Swift fans rating the show badly based on that one comment need to relax. It's never that deep.

Can't wait for season 2!
112 out of 171 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than you think
powerpet-908392 March 2021
Without comparing it to other shows, this show is good. Complex character that developed through their own struggles. Each characters story ties on with the major story. 100% recommend
68 out of 102 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
might take a few days to finish an episode if you are not used to secondhand embarrassment
KkonaW29 March 2021
Characters are often overacted, some to the point of being clowny. They are trying too hard to make it seems like there are teenagers in this show.

In fact that makes the comedy the best aspect of the show: a bunch of really weird mid-late 20s clowny tapdancing actors acting like high schoolers.

Storywise everyone needs a dramatic confrontation with everyone else. Just draw a diagram you will see. Even the little kid needs a relationship drama. Also, bedroom door locks have not been invented in this show, so everyone just walks into bedroom of everyone else.

Nonsensical plot devices, copious amount of drugs, alcohol, sex inserted into the story sprinkled with some political slogans and voila you have the recipe for 'coming of age' story. Not very interesting or creative.

The writer ended up creating a bunch of cartoonish bipolar characters as the intellectually inferior friends to the 'iamverysmart' protagonist (apparently taking AP English and citing some movement in the 80s are very impressive feats). And the mom is also verysmart, strong, independent and dangerous.

Imagine a generation of kids like Ginny: inflated sense of self importance, big ego and often overestimate their intelligence.

Not sure why some people try to inflate the internet ratings of this bad soap drama. Would recommend watching only if you are really good at handling cringes.
26 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cancer culture is toxic
rosssmith-600382 March 2021
Respect jokes Respect jokes Respect jokes Respect joke
138 out of 221 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good show - if you actually watch it.
amyway-866872 March 2021
Watch the show for yourself and decide. It's good. Has a good story and shows a lot of what kids deal with in schools and with bad home lives. I enjoyed it.
50 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is NOT The Gilmore Girls
karen-loethen28 February 2021
I'm reviewing this at the end of episode 6.

WOW. The casting is excellent. The character development is amazing.

"That's What Georgia does; she puts a big glittering bow on everything and acts like everything is ok." It's like it was written by Pat Conroy...

WATCH it!
75 out of 125 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop spreading hate! This show is great
brittab2 March 2021
Everyone on here is just hating and trying to do cancel culture. Taylor swift is mad about some stupid joke. Being in the public eye I'm sure hundreds of celebrities get made fun of in plenty of other shows and movies. Everyone who commented i guarantee didn't even watch the show. And the low reviews are hurting plenty of great actors and writers in this show who did an amazing job. So if you aren't a whiny child and have your own brain, I'd suggest watching the show for yourself. Even if you're a die hard Tswift fan
61 out of 100 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very overly dramatic and cringeworthy, but somehow never really boring and even quite entertaining.
Imme-van-Gorp8 May 2021
Rating: Season One - 7/10.

Top five characters: 1) Georgia Miller, 2) Joe, 3) Marcus Baker, 4) Ellen Baker and 5) Maxine Baker.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ginny's character is unlikeable
lisannemees8 May 2021
I absolutely love the Georgia character and would have loved if the show focused more on her teen years, but ginny is very annoying. Ginny is always playing the victim and her actions of juggling two boys, making everything about race and being so ungrateful to her mother. This makes the show for me unlikeable. Overall the show has a decent plot typical to a romcom type of serie.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Hate Ginny
jnxafsuzss6 March 2021
Ginny is one of the most annoying characters of all time. God, I hated her character so much and the show is so cheesy. Everything was so stupidly written and Ginny as the lead character just makes it worse. She is a cheater, backstabbing, ungrateful teenager and she didn't deserve any of the good things, Georgia's patience, Hunter's sweet attention, Bracia's sweetness, etc. I only watched it to find out what happened to Georgia. Such a terrible job Netflix👎🏻
71 out of 119 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great shoe
paytonnicole-990032 March 2021
Definitely my favorite show atm, it shows real world struggles and how teens actually are. the casting was very well everyone is very attractive except hunter. the story line is also very good and not all over the place like most shows. this was very well written. i am going to need a season 2 asap. marcus and ginny better be end game
47 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Needs a second season!!!!
majaostman-218522 March 2021
I loved this show and really hope they make another season of it!
45 out of 73 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.