Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violence, disturbing images, drug content, some sexual material and thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
- A man kisses several prostitutes as they are exiting his home after being paid for their services. The women wear low-cut dresses from the time period but no cleavage is shown.
- Female dancing in lingerie is seen multiple times. No nudity is shown.
- Mans bare chest is shown multiple times from beneath his robe.
- Prostitute is seen wearing a revealing robe. No nudity is shown.
Violence & Gore
- A child wields a rifle and fires it multiple times at an old woman as she cowers in fear and begs for her life. He shoots very close to her head, points it directly at her face and pulls the trigger but no bullet is fired.
- Part of a building collapses as characters run for safety. A couple of people are hit and killed by falling debris. One dead man is seen with a distorted face.
- A woman attempts to commit suicide by rifle to the head, a man interupts her but he's shot in the chest, bullet hole shown but no blood. The woman then commits suicide but it isn't shown onscreen.
- A man shoots at several ghostly spirits that are attacking him in various ways, no impacts or blood is ever shown.
- Very little to none.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Two characters are addicted to the drug Laudanum (liquid opium), use of the drug by means of ingestion is shown 2 or 3 times.
- Drugs are seen, mentioned and taken throughout the first half of the film. There's also a brief mention of the consumption of alcohol and actual drinking of alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Approximately a dozen jump scares including both ghosts and other humans, the ghosts may be disturbing to young children and may be frightening to inexperienced teenagers as well.
- The fact that this movie is based off of true events makes the movie scarier/creepier than it already is.