"Picture Perfect Mysteries" Picture Perfect Mysteries: Dead Over Diamonds (TV Episode 2020) Poster

She's not bad but he's a disaster
LtlHippo24 May 2020
This is the worst of any Hallmark series. The wife isn't too bad but the husband can't act to save his life. Won't watch this series again.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Jewel theft
bkoganbing17 February 2020
Husband and wife team of Carlos and Alexa Penavega star in another Hallmak mystery. She happens to be covering a gallery opening when a valuable necklace is stolen.

Mysterious millionaire Milo Shandel is having his collection of all kinds of art and other valuables exhibited at a gallery and with the theft he threatens wrack and ruin to the gallery owner.

It turns into a murder when later one of the rich guests is found murdered in his home. Still Carlos the cop and Alexa the photographer keep looking jointly and separately as it always is with Hallmark mysteries.

Erik Estrada is also in the cast as Carlos Penavega's uncle and a former cop. He really doesn't do much but be a kibitzer for his nephew.

As for the crooks it's a gang from all strata of society and they really are pros at their work.

This is one to check out.
5 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A genuine mystery
ronbokirk17 February 2020
The real mystery here is not who killed who, or who stole what. The mystery is how anyone in their right mind would cast Carlos in a movie. He is absolutely void of talent.
6 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Picture Perfect Mysteries: Dead Over Diamonds
Jo_Blo_Movie_Critic18 February 2020
6/10 - clever mystery is a nice follow up in the HMM series
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Barely Watchable
johne-5595210 October 2020
These two really can't act and combined with weak scripts this series is one of the worst in the Hallmark Mystery collection. I just watched the preview for the next episode and even the preview is painful to watch. I don't think I have ever made it through more than 20 minutes of one of these before pulling the plug.

Hallmark has a couple new promising mystery series. Wish they would crank out a few more of those instead of wasting resources on guaranteed duds.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love this episode
ctyankee19 March 2020
It is full of mystery and suprise that are explained in the epidsode about a stolen diamond necklace. There are some nice actors in this one is Erik Estrada who played in a TV series . Allie is a pretty lady who is curious and gets involved with the stolen diamond necklace. What is surprising is that Allie the actress is married in real life to Carlos Penavega who is Sam and he is the star of this series and is a detective. Jesse Moss is in this and is another good actor who plays a cop in some of these mystery series. Good episode to watch
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Much better than expected
californiacountrychick6 December 2020
While typically I cannot watch a Carlos PenaVega movie (as nice as he is, his acting can be way over the top), this was much better from him. He often in my opinion has acted over the top, and in this movie it started out that way, but his cop character is actually a good fit for him and he settled down after the first couple of scenes. When he is being serious in a role he does a good job. I also can appreciate Alexa more here than in some of her other movies.

I don't know if this is the case, but it seems like they would bring their kid/teen Nickelodeon personas to their movies in the past. Maybe the challenge has been how to transition out of that. This movie however is more toned down for them and I was really able to enjoy it so much more.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.