We Can Be Heroes (2020) Poster

(II) (2020)

Hated it, kids loved it.
louis-476183 January 2021
I personally hated it, it was a mess and pretty terrible in general.

But

My kids 3, 9 and 11 have watched it 4 times now, i never really understood how adults can rate a show designed for kids. Clearly its worked for the target audience.
150 out of 172 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Literally guys, it's a kids movie!
donnasokarijo25 December 2020
Before you read all the salty comments on how predictable, overly easy and cheesy this movie is, keep in mind those people don't seem to realize it's like a Superhero kind of Spy Kids, meant for family and younger audiences. Judging the movie from this place, it's definitely not as bad.

Was it a master piece? No. Is it worth one star? Come on! I give it a 6,5 for what it is and I found it very enjoyable, brainless entertainment and I'm sure younger kids would like it even more.
211 out of 292 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's for kids
bmistified26 December 2020
This movie was ADORABLE! brings me back to Sky High and Spy Kids and Shark Boy and Lava Girl and Galaxy Quest all in one! So much fun to watch with my daughter! For the adults saying bad acting, predictable...you suck. Enjoy the journey, it's worth it!
109 out of 173 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure Robert Rodriguez
Eggoreluckadman26 December 2020
Robert Rodriguez is know for his distinctive style. Sometimes it's resonates, sometimes it doesn't. This film does a little of both. As usual the ingenuity of Rodriguez is on full display, but I wish he had a bigger budget to showcase that.
37 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its a hilarious kid's movie and should be enjoyed from their pov
ayantika-9211726 December 2020
The videogamish look of the movie is not an objectionable at all infact it raises the quality keeping in mind the target audience. The message is loud and clear for the kids and it is very important they understand it. Robert has a fantastic eye and his cast choices are steller. Yaya is superb and has good future. Vivien is super cute. Amongst adults Priyanka Chopra shines and relishes in her Ms. Granada with perfect comic timing. Pedro also gives able support. All in all a wholesome movie for the kids to enjoy.
59 out of 115 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cringy
williamwhalen-907469 January 2021
The gosh darn most cringe I've ever experienced in all of my lifetime I literally cried it was so cringy.
19 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun family movie
Nicegams29 December 2020
A great kids movie and it follows the same fun as shark boy and lava girl and spy kids. Both my children and I enjoyed it very much. I don't understand the low rating. Taylor Dooley is back as Lava Girl. No Taylor Lautner though.
25 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Flaming Hot Garbage Of A Movie
qusynshzi25 December 2020
I understand this movie is for children but the acting and logic in this movie is terrible. There has been many kids movies that were hands down amazing or at least good. It just seemed like spy kids had a better plot than this movie. I have never been so disappointed in a movie like this in a long time, so much to the point that I have to make a review. And on top of the that, this movie had the audacity to be an hour and 40 minutes long. There were characters in this movie who could've ended fights with ease instantly and yet they do absolutely nothing at all. They could have even made up for it with their acting but that was even worse. The dialogue, CGI, acting, plot is just wow. I mean this could've been so much better.
107 out of 222 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
even for kids it sucks
lanaphob27 December 2020
Not worth it man...you're better off staring at a wall for an hour
70 out of 141 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just don't watch
tobimarin30 December 2020
I thought to myself I should give it a chance because of my children, but when saw it I knew that even children's movie can be horrible. Pls don't watch, your eyes will bleed. Cringiest movie ever made
28 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice movie!
charlenethompson-5835225 December 2020
Very nice movie for kids and adults with nice and entertaining overarching messages . Very meaningful and cool movie!
66 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute cringefest
dabbas-3952126 December 2020
Kids who act like they're grown ups, terrible acting, predictable and cheesy characters. This movie is just typical American cringe. And since when is "it's a kid's movie" a good argument for a terrible movie? It looks alsmost like a parody.

If you value your time, then do yourself a favor and don't watch this.
70 out of 142 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really bad
reidawson26 December 2020
If your looking for a movie to watch with the kids with good acting, plot and CGI this is not the movie for you. I sat down with my younger sister to watch this and it's pretty crap, CGI's god awful, it's obvious they spent their $7000 budget on the actors but yet to find any with good acting skills. One thing I really loathe in kids movies is when they try to make them act adult, just doesn't sit right with me, maybe it's classic American kids shows and this Aussie Bloke doesn't get it but Jesus Christ mate at least try to be good, and the excuse of 'it's just a kids movie' is ridiculous, I've seen much better movies out there directed towards children's entertainment with much better acting and story line, thumbs down for me mate 👎🏻
12 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chopra's bad acting ruined the movie
cindygmz-5045928 December 2020
I literally created an account for thus review, people saying this movie reminded them of sky high make me question myself on the standard of quality movies for kids. This is not at all like sky high, and it is horrible even if its for "kids".
22 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining kids film
chazmundo66625 December 2020
Not going to win any awards, but my kids loved it and it kept me entertained, also has the absolute bonus of having Haley Reinhart in it (and on the soundtrack) which is just a win all around.
40 out of 77 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The kids...
jplacerdasilva14 February 2021
Bruh... the kids in this movie looks like they are in a YouTube video, not in a feature film! This is why i don't like this movie! 1/10!
13 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never have I felt as if I had wasted more time
osakarulz28 December 2020
As someone who almost exclusively watches movies marketed towards children, I am always willing to forgive bad acting from children. The acting was bad, yes, but how often is it the child Actors in their breakout movie are good? That's not my problem with this movie. My problem is that I have spent longer being mad at this movie than the time it took to actually watch. The plot was made up as they went along. That is the only explanation I can find for why things were so incoherent. What should have been major plot points, came out to just be major plot holes. The power system does not make sense. The villains didnt make sense at the start, and especially do not make sense at the end. The twists cant even be considered twists, because they either are too obvious to be twists, or have absolutely no warning and function as a "Gotcha". There are scenes that are completely invalidated by earlier scenes. I watched this movie with a child, and they asked "but why are they..." at various points in the movie. If a child thinks your movie for children doesnt make sense, then your movie for children does not make sense and should not be made. And it definitely shouldn't use Sharkboy and Lavagirl as a nostalgia trap for adults who grew up with that movie.
15 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why does Priyanka chopra overact - why was she needed for this movie
shankvijay11 January 2021
Why does Priyanka chopra overact - why was she needed for this movie
17 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We cannot be heroes!
samratsingraur25 December 2020
The movie takes you back to the world of sharkboy and lavagirl but fails to be what we expected it to be. It's a kid movie and they may love it but definitely not for a mature audience. The plot is super predictable and and the CGI is awful. The only good thing about this film is Pedro Pascal.
68 out of 140 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Read the Bad Reviews
ibpooh26 December 2020
People who are rating this low and really dragging the movie through the mud are a bunch of Grinches. This is a kids movie and a family movie. Is it cheesy? Heck yeah. Is it worthy of eye-rolls? You betcha. This is what makes it fun. I don't know about you, but I needed this right now. What it through the eyes of a child and enjoy the moment.
38 out of 74 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We cannot act
flirtufaithful25 December 2020
This is so poorly written it feels more like a parody of a terrible movie and that was just my first impression. I have successfully wasted my 90 minutes, go save your own. Watch paint dry or something.
68 out of 149 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shockingly Bad
srmurray-8056925 December 2020
The script writer, producers, director, actors need to look in the mirror and say what have we just done. It is an insult to a new born baby the storyline. I wish the character rewind could give me the last few hours of my life back.

I could have made the cgi in my garden shed with some scraps.

If I can do anything good in my life it would be to not waste anybody's else's time.
56 out of 121 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Kids love it. Ignore reviews clearly written by miserable adults
Charlie764 April 2021
My kids enjoyed this and fyi they're probably smarter than yours, grinches.

Calling something "cheesey" is only helpful if you're 30+ and have watched a lot of movies and tv. Not so relevant if you are still in the single digits..

Would you rely on a child to provide you with a reliable review of the latest Meryl Streep drama? So many old and tired haters out there. I get it, lockdown has been tough but there really are other ways to vent.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spykids: The Superhero Edition
loek-frederiks25 December 2020
Just accept it is a kids movie. Pedro Pascal is as usual the highlight (please get him into the MCU). Only pity that someone like Rodriguez directs this kind of movies, after that awesome episode in The Mandalorian.
40 out of 84 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Makes Priyanka Chopra look like a fool
Sugarlovehappyyes1 January 2021
Worst movie in the world. It was such bad acting, graphics, vfx, story line - everything was just horrible. My little siblings laughed at how stupid it was and asked to watch something else throughout the entire movie. Makes Priyanka Chopra seem like a noob - and makes such a popular celebrity look like garbage. Just cause it's an offer from a Hollywood movie doesn't mean you gotta take it.
12 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.