Brutus vs César (2020) Poster

Oh my God !...
emmanuel4930018 September 2020
Oh my God !... Shame on the writer(s) of this ridiculous boring under-movie. Some of the actors are supposed to be good, and they once were. But retirement might have been a better idea than "playing" in this rotten tomatoes competitor.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
jamelbenrahal21 September 2020
I expected so much more from a very talented Kheiron. The script is really poor.. Ramzy Bedia as Julius Cesar was an enormous mistake. Too many references to spoof movies and fun cinema in general just didn't work in this film.. I was also bothered by too many guests invited in the cast.. some didn't have any purpose at all, some overplayed their role.. none had any depth in presence or script. Gerard Darmon is the only one that stood out.. it seems like here wrote and directed own parts.. I still like Kheiron on stage, in one man shows and in his personal and "dramatic" scenarios.. this type of humour should he left to others .. No that is said: ! congratulations to him on his third movie.. the two first ones were excellent so let's hope for more
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
Ibra24093 November 2020
Boring and not funny at all. I did not even smile. As we say in French : lourd et nul. Unfortunately this "movie" has notable actors who ashamed themselves.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful......
s327616924 September 2020
Aside from the fact this is unfunny there's the issue of yet more cultural misappropriation.

Apparently Vercingetorix, a Gallic tribal leader is suddenly black. That would be alright if he was a black man but he wasn't. Its absurd stuff that makes a mockery of historical fact and the cultural heritage that defines it. Back that up with a lame script that is not funny and you have this thing.

As someone with French ancestry I found this irritating , inaccurate and idiotic in equal parts.

1/10.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Try to be funny and touching... but failled
bashum-6573318 September 2020
I was expecting for something else. I really like Kheiron and his two first movies but this one is a deception. He try to be human and sensitive with his tipical kind of humor but the ancient rome is not a place for that kind of situations.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not the popular opinion but...
noreplyabout25 January 2021
I truly enjoyed the movie, very clean and had its laugh moments. Kheiron act was very funny and all the scenario and Rome representation was original and satiric. Love a good simple comedy. 😁
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disgusting!!
mwrwazed30 September 2020
If I'd have met the director in person, then I'll slap him harder as I could. Why did he make this? Don't have a level to rating this garbage.
1 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.