Nimoy later said that he was enthusiastic about voicing a Transformer and would have loved to be the Fallen; he would later get the role of Sentinel Prime in Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011).
The Dinobots would appear in Transformers: Age of Extinction (2014).
The portal concept would be used in Transformers: Dark of the Moon (2011).
- The Microcons Ravage expels from his body make a quivering zinging sound, the amplified sound of a couple of magnets tossed in the air and clacking together.
- The Insecticon Sam holds in his hand makes a chirping noise, made from the vibrating hum of Aadahl's own shaver.
- The creaking of Jetfire's joints were formed from opening a stove door.
- The stomping noises Devastator makes was created from slamming a dryer door.
- In The Transformers (1984) he was an accentless VF-1S Valkyrie jet.
- In Transformers: Cybertron (2005) he was an Antonov An-225 carrier with an Australian accent.
- In Transformers: Animated (2007) he was a Cybertronian jet with a Russian accent.
- In this film, he is a SR-71 Blackbird jet with an English accent.
- An ancient robot is the primary antagonist.
- Megatron is rejuvenated.
- Optimus Prime is killed (but appears near the end of the film).
- Both Wheelie and Arcee are introduced.
- An elderly robot (Kup, Jetfire) plays a supporting part.
- Devastator plays a pivotal part during a battle.
- A giant robot unleashes its vortex weapon.
- A group of small robots survive a giant robot's attack (Dinobots versus Unicron, Twins versus Devastator).
- A prophecy and the Matrix of Leadership serve as key factors.