Speed Racer, his girlfriend Trixie and all the gang are in a desperate race to save hundreds of lives from the evil clutches of "The Car Hater." Speed's daring driving is sure to thrill kids and parents alike!
Brad Mayfield (Kurt Angle) is a vicious criminal who takes pleasure in kidnapping, assault and deranged murder. Officer Dan Burk is trying to stop his lust for blood, while the stakes of ... See full summary »
When a group of four boarding school students discover a supercomputer housed inside an abandoned factory, they find a virtual world called Lyoko and awaken a sentient multi-agent system virus that tries to take over the real world.
The idea of Speed's own son going to a racing school work out nicely. If done correctly. Let's just list five of what I find disappointing from just seeing one episode.
1. The character designs, they look nothing like the original anime. If they weren't going to pay a Japanese animation company to do this series, they could of focused on how to draw anime books to make the characters of this and the predecessor look like they are in the same Speed Racer universe.
2. The animation, I'm guessing they had to make it as low budget as possible. Sure the original anime had stiffness but do that had to comply with this series as well. Cause it didn't look right for everyone to look like they have stiff joints.
3. Supporting cast, If they were going to include supporting characters, they can at least be more creative. Cause most of the racing students look like they came straight from a typical high school TV show.
4. lack of violence, that's what made the original so great to watch was the violence. But for this they removed all of the guns & heavy use of car crashes. I blame this on parents who think cartoons are better off without these.
5. lame villains, all we have is an almost evil business man who is after the gas-less engine of the Mach 6. The original had awesome villains including terrorists, mobs, assassins, & insane racers. Those guys made the anime a classic, you remove those from this show and then you're left with a boring segment with less appealing villains.
Peter Ferandaz appears as an Older Spritle, which is cool they actually got him to do the voice of an original character. But not even he was able to save the show.
Cause in the end they fail to make this a true sequel to the original anime. Those who want to see a sequel to original Speed Racer will be disappointed with this one.
4 of 8 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this