G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for strong sequences of action violence and mayhem throughout|
Sex & Nudity
- Ripcord says that he's sexy.
- Several brief kisses throughout the movie.
- A woman wears tight leather wear in several scenes.
- A woman wears a push-up bra in a few scenes, large amounts of cleavage is shown.
Violence & Gore
- Nearly constant violence throughout. At times hundreds of individuals are shot, stabbed, slashed, crushed, and blown apart on screen, but most deaths are far from graphic. It maintains a cartoon sense of violence despite the carnage. Several scenes of blood (very light though) are seen.
- There are a few instances of gore. In the first five minutes, a villain is forced to wear a hot iron mask, and he screams in pain as the scene dissolves to main titles. Later on, a man has his face painfully reconfigured by nanites, and these same nanites are twice seen melting the flesh and bones of other men. At the climax, a villain is horribly burned.
- An agent of Cobra shoots a warhead at the Eiffel Tower. As the nanites work there way down to the streets, cars are dissolving and buildings are ruined. Then Duke disarms the warhead's nanites, and the Eiffel Tower falls down on a bridge, which floats down into the river.
- During another part, you see a man have several large needles stuck into his head. You see the needles go all the way in, and it may be disturbing to some people.
- There are evident head shots where heads are removed by bullet strikes. While not plainly seen the aftermath is apparent.
- Aimed projectiles penetrate eye openings in enemy masks.
- Stabbings through the back which exit out the chest are graphically presented.
- 7 uses of hell, 3 damns, 5 use of shit, 2 use of son of a bitch, 1 use of bastard, 1 use of piss, 2 use of bloody hell, 1 use of ass hole, 1 use of god damn it, 1 use of crap.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some alcohol and smoking during a party scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The violence is nearly non-stop throughout the movie, and a lot of it can be rather intense. When the people have their faces burned eaten by the nanites it is rather disturbing.