Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language and some sexual content/nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- Tiffany mentions that she was fired for having sex with everyone at her workplace. She says that it was eleven people she had sex with. Pat asks if she had sex with any women, she says yes, and says that she sat in their laps and did what they told her to do.
- A woman mentions how she wasn't into sex while she was married and that her husband bought lingerie to "get something going."
- A woman suggestively dances with a man. She's in tight, cleavage and midriff revealing outfits. After one practice, He watches her as she changes; we see her bare upper back. While they are performing this dance the female character begins dancing sexually and the camera focuses in on her chest and buttocks.
- Dancers at a competition wear tight and extremely revealing outfits, one of them just barely covering a woman's breasts.
- A man and woman make out passionately in two scenes towards the end of the movie.
- Tiffany tells Pat he can "fuck" her in her back house if they turn the lights out.
- A flashback scene shows a woman taking a shower with a man. Her breasts are briefly visible.
- A scene features the flashback of when a man discovered his wife cheating on him. At first it seems like nothing is happening, Initially all you see their outlines through the steam of the shower curtain. Then he pulls back the shower curtain and physical violence between the man and the woman starts happening in the shower and you see her bare breasts.
Violence & Gore
- Three flashbacks of a man violently nearly beating a man to death. Each flashback is about half a second but its still violent. Each flashback including a man smashing another man's head onto a wall, blood splattering on it, another showing a man chocking on a shower cord, and another showing a man bruised lying on the floor taking a brutal kick to the face.
- A man struggles with his anger and violent impulses throughout the film. He pulls a magazine rack down in his counselor's waiting room. Nearly unhinged, he rips his house apart, looking for his old wedding tape. He accidentally strikes his mother and gets into a fistfight with his dad. The next morning both have bruises on their faces.
- When a man and a woman get into a verbal fight, the woman screams that the man assaulted her, a lie that attracts the attention of some would-be defenders and a police officer.
- A few fans get into a scrum with the miscreants prior to a game.
- 78 uses of "fuck". 1 use of "cocksucker." Other curses include "ass," "bitch," "whore" "shit", "slit", "damn", "asshole", "god damnit" and "dick".
- One double-use of middle fingers.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Pat at first refuses to take his medication, but after the fight with his dad, rethinks and is seen taking them once. At the end of the movie, he tells Nikki that he is still on medication.
- Tiffany downs two vodkas, and is also seen taking several swigs from a beer bottle.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Contains numerous references to a marriage break up brought on by adultery, along with emotional flashbacks. The female lead also discusses the death of her husband and subsequent psychosexual issues. Both characters have become isolated due to mental troubles and lost their jobs as a result. Includes depictions of obsessive compulsive disorder and gambling addiction.
- Pat's outbursts can be upsetting. The flashback scene with the beating is edited over his first breakdown with chaotic rock music. This may upset some viewers.
- During Pat's first breakdown he accidentally knocks down his mother, so his father starts violently hitting him. The scene is very intense.