Don't Look Back (2020) Poster

Just Awful .............
hampersnow-2890516 October 2020
I like the Final Destination series and love the first one, which I consider a classic horror film. Knowing some of the same people were involved here I expected this to be good. Well no it is not, in fact this is bad on so many levels I have no idea why I even finished it. 10 minutes in I was thinking it was awful and it doesn't get any better. The script seems to have been written by a child or is maybe aimed at a child. The acting is atrocious, from the lead actress on down. Jeremy Holm as a detective needs some type of award for how bad he is in this. There is not one ounce of suspense or horror. It very slightly resembles Final Destination without any of the menace, atmosphere, gore or kills. The dialogue is so incredibly bad that characters just seem to repeat the same lines from scene to scene. The chemistry between characters that are suppose to be a couple is non-existent. Maybe someone very young would find this spooky, but this is so lame I can't see an adult being at all entertained by it. The director seems to have no clue how to film horror and the actors in this really need to find other jobs. Complete waste of time sitting through this garbage.
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horribly Written Movie Deserves A ZERO!!!
zac-6827417 October 2020
Don't waste your time watching or waiting for this low budget flop to get interesting! Very poor acting with disastrous narratives!
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lacklustre clone made for tv wet Sunday afternoon movie
omendata16 October 2020
Started off reasonably well but gradually descended into farce with some truly dreadful acting with no suspense, zero scares or anything remotely new or interesting to see and utilizing some of the writing of Final Destination rather than come up with something fresh and new it plays out like a made for tv wet Sunday afternoon movie.

Writer and director Jeffrey Reddick wrote the Final Destination series - they say we all have one book in us all so I guess that was his but this one is a dud!
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is soooo bad
apropst18 October 2020
The writing, the acting, the storyline, it's all absolute nonsense.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The title is two words too long.
halcyonbear1 November 2020
When I saw that this was from the creator of Final Destination I had high hopes. Wow, I disappointed. OK, the premise isn't awful; after failing to intervene in a brutal attack which leaves a man dead, bystanders start dying. Can they break the chain? So far, so very Final Destination. Except that it lacks the suspense and imagination that made the FD franchise such a horror favourite. So much could have been done with the concept, it's hard to see how it could have gone so horribly wrong, but it did. There is absolutely no tension at all and the majority of characters die off camera and their bodies are discovered by the main character in scenes that are about as gory as Murder She Wrote. There is so much focus just on the main character that we don't really get to know the other characters. In FD we get to know enough about the supporting characters to feel some sense of tension at their impending deaths. The acting isn't awful. It's not award winning but it does the job for a horror film of this ilk. There's even a reasonably good twist right at the end, although it could have been put to better use had it been revealed 10 minutes sooner in order to build suspense. It's a shame because as I say, the premise isn't bad. However all the way through all I could see was a massive wasted opportunity.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Idea is damn good but
ks-6050025 October 2020
I think the situation just inspire by many real event but the movie just falling apart and cannot deliver the message as well as boring as hell. The horror part just not terrifying and non sense for coming out the horror....
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bottom of the barrel trash
houseofatreus200017 October 2020
Where do I start? I can't fathom how anyone could make a film this monumentally terrible. The acting is D-grade at best. The characters are cardboard caricatures. The dialogue is mind numbingly bad.

We barely need to get 10 minutes in to encounter the stupidity. A group of strangers witness the beating death of man in a park. Nobody does anything to help. One guy whips out his phone and records the video. Our heroine (very obviously the only one that lives) decides to act, and grabs the guy's cell phone to call 911. In the very next scene we meet the dumbest police detective on the planet. He is showing our heroine a police sketch, asking if its the attacker. I guess Detective Dumb Dumb completely forgot that the entire incident was recorded on video, and he has said video, that clearly shows the attacker's face, in his possession. I mean, holy crap. And that's just in the first 10 minutes of the film. It gets a whole lot dumber. Including one of the most idiotic twist endings ever filmed.

This is, at best, a piss poor rip off of Final Destination mixed with I Know What Did Last Summer, with no tension, incredibly lame jump scares, shoddy editing, and...no horror whatsoever.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
too amateur
NijazBAbs31 October 2020
Although topic is perfect, the way it is all presented, meaning story and actors is so bad. Like people exercising movie recording. Too fake, boring, amateur. Not good.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good start
referenciajoia-4644516 October 2020
This film highlights some pertinent issues, such as the fact that we do not help others when they are in situations of difficulty, even violence. Our morbid interest in the violence that happens to others. around us. how to overcome mourning. Strange dreams and events surround Caitlin, our heroine, hallucinations of all kinds that make her unreliable in the eyes of the authorities. Another multiracial couple is fashionable, but nothing against it. some similarities, of tenuous ideas with final Destination, here or there. There is a twist in the film but very poorly designed. As in the thrillers of lifetime, a terrible disappointment. No spoilers, Thriller is watchable although only once. promising start that degrades the end of time, both the script and the performance of the actors, the direction is average.NOT AN HORROR MOVIE AT ALL a Thriller.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why the very low rating?!
yahiaaqil16 October 2020
I know this is not a great movie. In fact, it's not even a very good movie. However, isn't it better than that garbage called (quite place) or that worthless (girl on a train)?! And yet, the ones I mentioned, and more, got high ratings just because of the big production company and the famous stars! This one can be considered as a TV film with a low budget. It has some kind of a spiritual humane message, yeah fine. 3.9 as a total rating though? Blind and unfair! By comparison, this is something.
10 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poorly Written and Dull
nurpin30 November 2020
This movie tried so hard to make a twist ending, but when there's limited characters to choose from it's pretty easy to figure out "who done it" in movies like this. Unfortunately it felt like forever waiting for the last character to figure out what you knew from the start.

The writing was poop and they couldn't seem to make up their mind whether they wanted to write a supernatural or slasher movie. Worst of all they hired actors that seemed too bored to actually act. Sometimes it was like they were reading from cue cards, their delivery was so flat, but it didn't help to have some bad dialogue either.

No real gore, nothing different or creative, and an especially lame "imagined" scene thrown in. This movie was not very good at all, and not a good waste of one's time.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I hate this movie..
caryejames29 November 2020
Why blame others for others death?. If i were in their shoes.. i might not be able to help the victim.. i dont mind the acting.. but the story really sucks..
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie wrong title
dlcooper-8499120 October 2020
Although the title of the movie didn't go with the plot of the movie (in my opinion) it wa pretty good. I thought it was mite of a horror movie as mentioned but it was more suspenseful The acting was a bit off but Kourtney Bell was pretty much on point.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Amazing (....I'll think of it)
ttwoes18 December 2020
My God! One of the worst films I've ever seen in my life! It's an amazing something but not a story, or film, an expose a literary anything. Good grief! In the beginning of the film, Caitlin and her boyfriend sit down for hot chocolate. He hands her the large size (large?) cup of hot chocolate and she uses the prop just like an empty cardboard cup; even pretends to take a large swallow of the 'hot chocolate' which, of course, unless you have lips and a mouth made of asbestos, you cannot do. This movie is not even remotely similar to Final Destination.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stupid movie ever
godb-732039 December 2020
Don't waste your time to watch this because ideally it doesn't make any sense
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Karma!!!!!
janicerjohnson20 October 2020
I'm not a Horror movie fan but I enjoyed this movie. Kourtney Bell and cast did a great job! This movie caught me off guard a few times. I even screamed out loud at one point!!! I love the ending.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Leading Actress
fivebells-0163519 October 2020
I thought the movie was more a thriller than horror movie which is ok with me. I thought the lead actress, Kourtney Bell, did a wonderful job and I look forward to seeing her in future movies! Will Stout was very good as well! I would most definitely refer others and would see it again for the 3rd time!
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More of a thriller than a scary movie
kylebell2518 October 2020
The lead actress did a wonderful job, the storyline came with some surprises, and the ending was worth the wait. Probably should've been advertised as a thriller rather than a horror film, but overall it was very enjoyable.
3 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Maybe the best ever mystery horror film
roger_202017 October 2020
As a very disturbing one that was filled with sharp turns and twists filled with horrifying scenes really great directing there's not that much I can say about this movie just don't go into it with a full stomach this is not your average horror movie I don't need to say that you should watch it you might regret it it's very scary It's so amazingly written and such a thrill ride. Not for the faint of heart!! Definitely would recommend to true horror fans! 10/10
3 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Surprisingly descent movie with good twists.
Gothamite123 October 2020
There's a lot of negative reviews for this film, and they are not deserved. People watch a guy getting killed and do nothing except film it and are then hunted down and killed by an invisible force (this tine karma). Sure this type of stuff has been done before (Final Destination, Countdown etc), which could explain a lot of reviews, but it has enough twists and turns to put it above the rest. When Caitlin Kramer sees the murder and doesn't do anything to help she becomes wracked with guilt seeing horrific visions that only get worse as the other witnesses who did nothing are killed off. Is she being hunted by karma? Who is responsible for her visions and why? Many explanations are put forwards and all plausible. Is it the ghost of the murdered man? His grieving brother? The forces of karma? The investigating police officer who seems a little too sure she won't be next? Or could it be Caitlyn herself suffering from delusions and black outs? Its a satisfying explanation with twists you really won't see coming.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Could have been good but...
AESP_pres21 October 2020
Honestly I liked this one, the subject was interesting and it was different but... the last act when everything is reveal just destroyed what happened before and turned the film from a good " you reap what you sow" concept to a petty revenge film.

Too bad without this it would have been a 7/10, but because of this I'm force to go with a 5.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I've seen much worse...
ravenhair70228 November 2020
Okay...first and for most, I've had WAY too much Tequila. I don't apologize. I LOVE Tequila. Anyway, I have seen way worse than this, believe me. I love the twist at the end and to me, this was a great film. it kept my interest and it was creepy at some times. Really no jump scares to mention, but it stays in the bounds of "This really isn't too bad." It does keep you guessing at who is behind this and it does deliver. At least it it all explained at the end, so it all makes sense. Some horror movies just leave you hanging at the end. I REALLY hate that. I give it a full WATCH IT. Peace.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
HOLD UP...
bumbray9914 November 2020
I see nothing but 1 stars and 10 stars ratings, so what the peanut butter and jelly is this, guess I'm going to have to watch the movie for myself... I'LL BE BACK!
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forced and cliché
s-turay12 November 2020
Do not get me wrong, I sat and watched the entire film without having the desire to turn it off, but what was annoying were the forced jump scares and forced plot. Luckily, the ending was out of the blue, was not expecting it to take that turn. Characters were shallow, but they served their purpose.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Had massive to potential to be great
bangel33227 November 2020
This film had a lot of potential and had some really nice ideas running through it. Unfortunately those ideas got lost in translation, paired with some terrible acting, resulted in a rollercoaster of a movie in terms of highs and lows. I love that they used such a current problem right now (people filming things instead of helping) and turned it into a horror movie. I really liked the premise and what the movie aspired to be. The main actress wasn't talented enough to pull this off, I found her quite jarring. And she was 'supported' by an even worst cast. The two revelations at the end were pretty decent; the final revelation a pleasant surprise. It's just a shame most of the characters had zero depth.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.