Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for thematic material, scary images, action and brief smoking|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- The Rat King smashes a mans head against a walnut on a table to crack the nut. The man cries out in pain when this happens
- The Rat King throws a ceiling light into a large pool, electrocuting and killing a shark that was in it
- The Rat Queen bites the Rat Kings ear although no blood is shown. He yelps in pain
- The Rat King pulls the head off one of the toys (Sticks) (that looks like a human) and throws the head around the room. We briefly see the head up close, but it appears to be made of plastic. He then places it back on the Sticks', he becomes alive again and appears to not have felt any pain
- Mild. Gielgud says my bananas! most likely referring to private areas!
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is shown smoking a cigar twice
- A woman drinks from a hip flask hinted to contain alcohol
- Gielgud, the chimpanzee, smokes a cigar
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A boy sets a Christmas tree decoration on fire, but the fire is soon put out by his sister
- The front wall of a giant dolls house falls down, nearly hitting Mary and NC, but they dodge out of the way in time
- Mary falls from the giant Christmas tree, but is saved by the snowflake fairies
- The rats use rat dogs to cut down the giant Christmas tree with their steel teeth. These rat dogs are quite gruesome looking, with the appearance of robot Rottweilers. They appear again in the movie to chase some of the characters
- When the tree gets cut down, Mary falls from it, but then lands in her own bed, hinting that she was having a dream
- The Rat King hides in the darkness and grabs Marys hand, she then pulls away frightened. This might be considered a jump scare to younger viewers.
- The Rat King has mutated rat face that he sometimes pulls in the movie to frighten other characters. This face is quite gruesome and scary looking
- During one of the last scenes of the movie, Mary has to save NC from being tossed into a fire, this could be considered mildly intense.
- Some of the characters may look frightening to some particularly sensitive children. The rat creatures and their rat dogs in particular can be quite scary. There are some scenes of mild peril and destruction throughout the movie