Designated Survivor: 60 Days (TV Series 2019– ) Poster

Superb Korean Interpretation of the Original Series
AJ_McAninch10 July 2019
With episode 3, Korea made this story their own. If the production continues at this level of emotional and creative complexity, it will easily surpass the original version.
19 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Designated Survivor: 60 Days
romateslencko9 July 2019
The series is great. Although I just started watching the show. Waiting for the next episode Last candidate 60 days! Shooting is very good and shows a good composition. THROW! I do not think this is a failure. Good performance! Yes, I heard comparing the USA and South Korea, it seems. But in this culture, everything is different. Not a lot of interesting actor, was a professor of chemistry or a physicist. And he became the acting president of power! Poisonous chills struck me.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Twist ater twist
kgmfrh20 July 2019
I won't compare this series with the original one, but all I could say is that Designated Survivor: 60 days has been successfully executing the plot SO DAMN WELL!! The moment I decided to watch this was because I saw this series on my Netflix recommendation, I heard about the original one, but haven't decided to watch it, so I think I'll give this one a shot first. And if you find reviews saying "Designated Survivor: 60 Days is SO DAMN GOOD" well, they're not sugarcoating it! I had an extremely high expectation when I was about to start watching the first episode since I know what event will create the butterfly effect, yet, the first episode successfully made everyone who watches it shocked by how high this episode topped everyone's expectation BEYOND what they could imagine!

continuing to the second episode, it's only fair for me to tell you that the first episode was a great warm up for a roller coaster of emotions that you will experience in the second episode!

and I'd say it's been a while since K-Drama has such a nice plot, greatly executed, and wonderful underrated actors with splendid performances!

ah! and make sure to prepare some tissues with you, you'll thank me later!
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The dept this story needed
bonjovi11326 July 2019
Excellent execution of this story. The longer episodes and Korean style story telling allowed me to relax with the characters. I had the time I needed to get to know subtle persona nuances which gave room for sympathetic and empitetic moments from my side (abr. tears). It has also suffered very little americanisations which was refreshing. The cinematic style used on the "curtain-closer" was a pleasant cerebral recap. I look forward to see how this show is carried forward.
7 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Much better then the American version "Designated Survivor"
sungmoring11 August 2019
Well build storylines, not a plastic surgery face as president (Kiefer Sutherland) that continuously acts as an emotional roller coaster , but instead finally a strong acting president character!

Bravo!
Perfect Example for Masterpiece
napsak239 August 2019
Every consecutive episode this series getting much better.
Great Political Drama with Superb Character Development
lrhwin-900388 August 2019
I am watching both Korean version and the original American version just for comparison. I have to say I like the Korean version much better. American version is fast paced with tight plot, however, the Korean version is doing a much better job in developing character and connecting with audience emotionally. The performance of whole crew is excellent! Can't wait for the next episode!
Great Political Drama!
syarwanhamid30 July 2019
My first impression this series, i thought is just Political Drama, but, after watch every episode, is not just about that. It's moral things, conflict and self-personality blend with amazing storytelling. Not just Political Drama, is people in people interaction. 👌
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent adaptation
talonjensen30 July 2019
Clearly the story borrows heavily from the U.S. original, which borrowed from other stories. However, the Korean version is different enough that I have really enjoyed it and just finished watching episode 9.

Very nicely done, often some strong tension until a crisis is resolved. And the resolution is not always predictable. The special effects aren't up to the level of the U.S. version, but otherwise I have no complaints.

I'm hopeful they will be able to keep it up.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exciting, well written and acted
droche-4996615 August 2019
I am now watching Episode 13 and it is only getting more thrilling by the moment. I haven't watched the American version yet so i don't have a point of comparison for the storyline or script but have found the Korean one to be exciting and full of twists. The acting is first rate and what a joy to watch, what may be just acting, but intelligent people hard at work. I know governments around the world have very smart people working for them but reading the newspapers would not make me think that. This is a great adult drama to watch!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Way Better Than the U.S. Version
wrenleung20 August 2019
The plot is thick and full of twists and turns. The actor who plays president is so good. This show exhibits extremely clever writing, loads of action, and tear-jerking moments. My favorite character in the U.S. version is Kimble Hookstraten. The Korean equivalent of her is the leader of the opposition party (Korea has a different government structure) and she is a main character with so many layers. What a treat! It was tough having to read subtitles while trying to appreciate the acting but you eventually get used it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super political drama with amazing storyline
roshan-kr0720 August 2019
This is much better than American version. Almost all actors do the justice with the characters / roles. A must watch for those who are interested in the world politics.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh, what a mess...
paulyew-4512514 August 2019
The show takes the basic premise from the original American series and added the political background of South Korea, which stipulates that the acting president or the "designated survivor" could only be in power for 60 days. Add the ever present tension with North Korea, the show got off to a very interesting start. However, as the series went on, it became very clear that the writers and the producers clearly lacked the skills to meticulously navigate through the plot line that was already built it. The original show created an original problem and provided an original solution. This remake copied the original problem and added other elements to it. What the show failed to do was come up with an original solution of its own, a sensible one. A single person is more capable than the entire intelligence apparatus. The villains who had no problem blowing up a building to kill several hundred people and subsequently kill off more people in the first few episodes suddenly cannot or do not want to kill those who are actually getting close to revealing their identity. A group of army generals are plotting a coup d' etat like some kids planning a friendly soccer match for the weekend. It goes on and on... If you haven't started on this series, avoid it.
0 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.