The Mummy Rebirth (2019) Poster

I'll never get that time back.....EVER
logavierre18 August 2019
Honestly what a horrible pile of steaming crap this movie turned out to be. Horrible acting. Really bad action scenes and the mummy mask looks like it was bought out of the Halloween bargain bin. Dont even waste your time with this one. Your player will thank you.
31 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ruined the image of real mummy series
vkkhanna-0003022 August 2019
B grade movie with C grade sets and graphics. If you want to take revenge on time and kill it than this movie is recommended
27 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
AHHH!! It's An UNCORK'D Film........
PurpleCrayon201414 August 2019
Grab What You Can and Run.....RUN I Say, As Fast As You Can!
29 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Asylum grade junk
Max_Lucas14 August 2019
Asylum you now have competition! Who can make the worst movie ever? Poor acting and the award winning camera "shake" for action scene. Makes it hard to tell the difference from an Asylum movie.
28 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
only nice about it is the title
gmacxt22 August 2019
10 minutes, 10 minutes and i shut my pc and take a walk worst film ever poor acting poor camera poor sound effect poor, poor, poor enz.....
21 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Poor
vaninaviolinova19 August 2019
So cheap and poor movie... I will play better than this actors
16 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not good at all
sgarrett-7052131 August 2019
Was this a low budget film? They need to take it off the market it was poor acting and the special effects was very Amateur. The director should have been fire in the first 2 mins of the preview. Thumbs down
14 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst movie ever
deministore30 August 2019
Worst acting I have ever seen in my life. Waste of time
18 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
crap acting
nathanhudson-800315 October 2019
Ruined it the rest of the mummy films were mint this is crap low budget
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very boring movies . I wasted my time on it
bagazi22 September 2019
Very boring film. The story is not interrelated and there is no sequence of events for the film or story. The end of the film is incomprehensible and unrealistic Honestly I wasted my time watching it
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Trying to watch this movie....
Wikkid_Gamez6 September 2019
This whole story evolves around the Greek God Hades??? I mean seriously?? Has no one else even mentioned that? I can't be the only person that has commented on here that noticed that.... "Not even Hades.... (Blah blah blah)" .... As well as a place that belonged to Hades... Then a book of Hades???

Ummmmmm Egyptians didn't believe in Hades, it was Osiris that was the god of the underworld by their mythology. Well actually, in the Old Kingdom (c. 2575-2130 BCE), before Osiris rose to prominence as the lord of the underworld, Anubis was considered the principal god of the dead. According to the Osiris myth, Anubis embalmed and wrapped the body of the murdered king, becoming the patron god for embalmers. Thus Osiris was elevated. If you can't even do some basic research and get the mythology accurate then why even try??? .... I'm js ....

The acting is stiff and mediocre at best but I can overlook that to an extent. The CGI is bad, but I make it no secret that I abhor bad CGI. The Mummy's costume was ok, better than it would have been had they tried to use CGI for it as well. I was ok with the soundtrack. The movie could have had some real potential...

However, not even being able to get the correct mythology from the right continent is a completely ridiculous novice screw up! Something you would maybe expect from an elementary school play or something... But there is no way these people can expect anyone to take them seriously if they don't even care enough to get that right.

The makeup and costumes are a halloween costume shop rip-off of the 1999 The Mummy but I have seen worse.

Overall do yourself a favor and miss this one.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ridiculous
ahmadajarma4 September 2019
When I see the poster I was very enthusiastic But when I saw the first five minutes I felt sick
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
WTF?
alternativedeath21 September 2019
Amazing...I just got epilepsy... Honestly, I never watched so horrible before in my entire life...ya know that far cry movie is 100 better than this movie, this movie isn't standing in the same level with far cry...nope, I am surprised, how this movie got 5 stars, but far cry got just 3 stars, watch far cry and you'll know what I am talking 'bout...
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a joke!
zylbeharp26 August 2019
Don't waste your time, some YouTubers make way better movies than this one.
9 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This was mostly just bad...
paul_haakonsen13 August 2019
Well, granted there wasn't much of any particular expectations for this 2019 movie titled "The Mummy Rebirth".

And sitting down to watch the movie with no expectations, the movie had every chance to impress and bedazzle. It just fell short of doing so.

The storyline told in "The Mummy Rebirth" was pretty straight forward, which actually was a nice enough thing. You essentially just disconnect your brain and sit back to watch the movie. There are no requirements on your part as the audience, because the storyline is so simplistic.

The acting in the movie was adequate. I wasn't familiar with anyone on the cast list. Which is actually something I do enjoy, so there are no associations with previously portrayed characters by established actors and actresses. So, for me, that was also a plus for the movie.

Now, the CGI effects team were not properly funded. The CGI creatures in "The Mummy Rebirth" were just atrocious to look at. It was like watching something from a 1990s horror PC game. It was really, really bad.

And as for the practical effects, well... Let's just say that they tried. But the mummies in the movie, while some of the appearances of them was good, other parts were just abysmal. For example, why would the eyes not have desiccated and withered away after all those years? And it was painstakingly clear that people were just wearing latex or rubber masks over their heads, as you could see the flesh around their eyes. And I would also think that a mummy would be more gaunt and skeletal after years of mummification, yet the mummy here had very thick hands, which were very obviously latex or rubber gloves worn, because they were thicker than a normal man's hands! No, the practical effects in "The Mummy Rebirth" were atrocious and just didn't work out at all.

I will say that the props in the movie were quite good. Lots of details here and lots of interesting things being shown throughout the course of the movie. And they also had some interesting sets and locations. This was working well enough for the movie.

All in all, "The Mummy Rebirth" ended up as a less than mediocre movie, and there are far better movies revolving around the iconic reanimated mummy character available.
17 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst movie ever
fredeilliams20 October 2019
This is by far the worst film I've ever seen. The lighting is terrible, the acting is terrible, the special effects are the worst I've ever seen. Remember the terminator 1 cgi in 1984, that's far better than this in 2019! I'm annoyed I rented this.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Slow death to those who will watch this.
KaiserCipi12 May 2020
This 'movie' can't be called a movie. There's no acting what so ever. It's a danger to public health and, mostly, to imagination. Stay away from it! It's cursed!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bad Acting and Incoherent Script
mehfre8 November 2019
Remember when the Battley Town's Women's Guild reenacted the Battle of Pearl Harbor on Monty Python's Flying Circus? They were better.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Rebirth This Mummy....
anya_mascouri11 April 2020
Did my best to accept it for what it was: a cheap version of the 1999 movie but.... even Tom Cruise's 2017 effort was better than this.

Could only manage three stars for the film's positives: hot lead actor, good credits sequence & suitable music.

Negatives: whoever played Daniella - the clueless archaeologist (& Sandra Bullock lookalike) gets the Worst Acting Award. At first she was unintentionally funny but that quickly turned into just.... annoying.

The cave/tomb scene really drags.... at first you think they're trying to build tension but then you realise they're just trying to fill in time.

The CGI effects are shoddy, the Mummy is better viewed from further away.... the non-CGI effects are okay though.

Watched bout 50 minutes' worth then called it quits.
Don't Waste Your Time
cmaland-2880010 April 2020
This is poorly acted as to be rediculous. The continuity is laughable. It's like a first draft, a walk through. You wouldn't film something that requires this much polish & release it. They must be misguided. Watch The Mummy franchise & then to try & watch this is like watching paint dry.
crap movie
tinfu19 January 2020
So fake and terrible acting boring the gun fire are too fake
O... M... G...
leejnelson-683-10319518 January 2020
That was the worst film ever, story was nonsensical, acting was wooden, special effects poor and it had no end.... ???

Absolutely awful film, save your time and energy. Stick to the Brendon Frasier Franchise or even the Tom Cruise one but leave this alone...
Am Dram
scarnesc20 October 2019
The local amateur dramatic society try to re-enact Brendan Frasers and Rachel Weisz's film the mummy badly, the constant music and drums over everything and the gunfire with no bloodshed , having subtitles one moment and English the next in the same sentences I bought the film in a moment of weakness in Sainsbury's ,all I can say is I'm glad I never paid full price
What did I just watch?
pipo-31 August 2019
LOL what did I just watch a student movie project or some kids messing with 3d monster models, or a costume party? seriously there was ninja costume, tomb raider, Nathan drake, Nomads, odd military costume, almost like they bought whatever they could find, you could see the actors skin under the rubber mummy mask LOL - yeah it's that bad, pretty much make it up as you go type script. (oh yea guns have edited in muzzle flashes and no recoil)

First off they should never of been allowed to use this title as it plays off previous "The Mummy" installments, what a way to profit off other peoples work.

it started off ok, first 3 minutes, then quickly went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay downhill, I think the editor cut some scenes that were needed like in the first scene they were in a gun fight, then 1 minute later they are talking making jokes, staring at a imaginary rock on the wall, while the guide wonders off and disappears, all of a sudden they are outside talking to some guy who starts yelling at them....wtf is going on?

I still carried on longer into this movie where everyone moves in slow-mooooooootion , again some action happens and CUT they are somewhere else and get attacked by some horrible CGI monsters (really why bother, use the rubber man again or props from the first scene, the cgi was just horrible).

if it was advertised as a indie movie I would give it more credit but to play off a Iconic movie title I expected more and feel this was a cheap way to earn some money.

anyways I would avoid unless you are into the movie business and want to know how NOT to make a movie.

I give it a 2/10 since I had a few laughs on how bad it was.
POOR
Mogovfx19 August 2019
Its was poor way done ... I wish the VFX and sound department would had been better and cinematography. Wish you the best guys
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.