Defiance (I) (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A group of women are shown bathing in white undergarments. Material is thin, Some cleavage is seen.
- A man and woman are presumably naked in bed (we only see bare shoulders and legs), possibly after sex.
- A woman is raped (off sceen), but there is discussion about it
- Some kissing, although no actual sex or nudity on screen
- Dead naked bodies are shown for a few seconds. One of the bodies' butt is visible for a few seconds. Not any graphic nudity.
- A group of women bathe in a stream. They are clothed.
Violence & Gore
- At the beginning of the film, there is some archive footage showing some of the Nazi Death - Camps, a woman is shot during this reel of footage.
- Whenever someone is shot blood splatters.
- A man is shot and we see some blood splatter onto the wall behind him.
- A man gets shot in the arm on center screen, though there is only a slightly bloody bullet holes
- An angry mob beats a soldier to death with clubs, ax handles, and their feet.
- An air attack kills several people and destroys several shelters.
- A man takes a grenade and charges a group of soldiers, but the grenade blows himself up (the camera cuts away just as he is blown up). Still disturbing.
- A man uses a machine gun to take out several enemy soldiers.
- A man charges into a police building and is shot several times but shoots all of the people in the building. Blood splatters all over the wall and we see bloody corpses.
- We see people about to freeze to death in the frigid winter.
- 5 uses of f--k
- 12 uses of s--t
- Son of a b---h, b-----d, a--, d--n and what the h--l are used throughout the movie
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Excessive drinking of vodka (by the Russians of course), in one or two scenes
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The Horrors of the Holocaust: in one (very short) scene a child finds pits full of naked human bodies. The horror is muted because the bodies are seen from a distance, little to no distinguishable details can be seen.
- It is also very sad when we see newsreels of Germans beating up Jews to death.
- Starvation is depicted throughout.