Lowdown Dirty Criminals (2020) Poster

A few funny moments in a Dark Splatter Comedy
paularoger-9471729 August 2020
Lowdown has elements of Peter Jackson's early movie Bad Taste and left me with a bad taste and disappointment. I guffawed about 3 times at the most. I'm not sure why but it very quickly came across as non funny charicature and two likeable hapless fools. The head crims were well acted but not believable and distasteful. I hated watching the blood and gore of the dissection. When I think about it there were lots of funny little situations and I wanted to laugh with my friends, but nothing was hilarious, as there was an ever present sense of threat. There were lots of moments of hesitation, while the crims failed in their missions and thought about what to do. The Upholster (Rebecca Gibney) was almost glamorous but wooden, despite her many excellent previous roles. I thought the fight scene with the fat guy, and his later removal from the flat funny/weird. I didn't like all the swearing or the motel girl getting beaten etc. I was all cringe worthy. Sorry. Try again and have some more believable likeable characters.
5 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely Waste
robertbruce-4321622 November 2020
What happened to nz movies they are making some Waste movies from the past 2 years. New directors and writers are making absolute timeless movies.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GodAwful
devlsrdeye21 November 2020
Terrible script. Weak plot. Typical low class ethnic push crap to be expected 2019-2020. At this point "their" movies are too much like a kid bringing a bad drawing to you and you hang it on the fridge.......till they leave the room. Save yourself the wasted time.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.