The Forever Purge (2021)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong/bloody violence, and language throughout|
Sex & Nudity
- A husband says to his wife that her ranting turned him on. They kiss afterwards.
Violence & Gore
- Violence is mostly offscreen with quick edits of blood spurting. Stabbing and shooting is common and a few bloody injuries are shown. A lot of this is in the form of combat, but some is execution of innocent people.
- A man gets stabbed in the face with a cleaver.
- Coyotes can be seen eating a dead body.
- This film is NOT as gory as most Purge movies.
- 40 uses of "fuck" as well as some racial slurs like beaner and brownie. Other milder curses and exclamations are also used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters drink socially. Nothing excessive or focused on.
- Characters drink beer, not really a main focus
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Chaos and destruction is seen throughout the film from Purgers wreaking havoc. The events are similar to riots and civil unrest.
- There are a few jumpscares with scary looking masks. The concept of the Purge is unsettling in general but nothing new compared to the other films. Most of the scenes are in an action setting and can be intense, but not very scary.
- There is chaos, and people who wear masks that are crazy, and some racial comments, that could make some viewers feel uncomfortable
- There is a unsettling scene of immigrants screaming and begging to be saved in a van as it drives by an armored safe house. It is heavily implied they are being beaten and are about to be killed, however it is only implied, not shown.
- A pregnant lady is held up various times and is threatened harshly/