Love, Weddings & Other Disasters (2020) Poster

Dont waste your time or money. What a sh#t show. SMH
nancystorey6 December 2020
Terrible. One of the worst movies ever. Watched at home, and would have walked out but my dog was asleep on my lap. Omg....
17 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They got the disaster part right!
Lichtblau5 December 2020
As one of the seemingly few and rare people who enjoys watching Love Actually, I believe I speak with authority when I say that this is one of the worst films I've ever seen.

I'd rather blow lines of duck guano than ever have to sit through this hack job ever again.

Jeremy Irons was terrific as always.
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Created An IMDb Account Just To Trash This Atrocity
realchuckrambo8 December 2020
Full disclosure: I am not the biggest fan of multiple story line movies. I have had to sit through several. The first was Love Actually which was the high water mark for this genre.

This is a Love Actually wannabe and it fails on every single point.

So...this is a warning. Do NOT watch this. If you fail to heed this warning you will forever regret the 90 minutes that has been permanently expunged from your life.

This film is jam-packed full of the very worst cliches available in rom-coms. The acting is wooden, at best, and the writing is more than hackneyed. It's tedious. It's shallow. Watching this movie is just about a solid guarantee of getting a world-class migraine headache.

Please, avoid this at all costs.
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I'll never get THAT 90 minutes back again.
edwardlowen12 December 2020
Awful. Disjointed. A waste of good film. I made the comment about 20 minutes into this that I had NO idea where this film was going. Five minutes later I said "they want to be Love Actually!" Sadly, they failed. Miserably. Main reason I watched it was my partner had seen something about it and she thought it would be good. That, and Jeremy Irons. (I hope it was a REALLY big check!) I probably am the most un-critical person you'll meet when it comes to movies, etc. So, if I say it's bad, it's REALLY bad.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beyond Awful.
jon-gwynne12 December 2020
A grotesque waste of acting talent. The cast deserved better than this mess.

Shame on the writers and the director.

It was as though someone's dog ate the original script so they got a caffeined-up intern, set him in front of a TV showing third-rate Hallmark Channel repeats and he stitched together random moments from three of four different of the worst.

Dennis Dugan needs to go back to working with Adam Sandler and none of these three writers should ever be allowed near a word-orocessor ever again.
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't Waste Your Time
lindamansfield97220 December 2020
Truly an awful movie. Run don't walk away from this mess.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horribly slow-couldn't finish
leslievarty11 December 2020
Sad to see such an excellent actress as Dianne Keaton in such a poorly written, poorly directed movie. I've watched other multiple scenario movies, but none that jumps around and is so disconnected. Horribly slow, poor from the first scene, but I stuck around for a bit to watch the scenes with Dianne Keaton, which of course, she commands well. But after 30 minutes, even though I rented this movie, we couldn't continue to waste our evening and stopped watching. I wonder if a star like Dianne Keaton would watch this one day and regret her choices. Someone correct me if it completely turns around in the last half?
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stinker of the Year
drednm18 January 2021
I thought I'd get a chuckle and boy was I wrong. Despite toplining Diane Keaton and Jeremy Irons, this is easily among the handful of worst stinkers of the year. Directed and written by Dennis Dugan (who also appears as a game show host), the film blends the stories of several sets of "lovers" and each set is worse than the other. Take Keaton and Irons. She's a blind photographer (don't get me started) and he's a snotty wedding planner. They meet via a blind date (get it?) and their ridiculous "romance" entails her falling over furniture. Then there's a young woman (Maggie Grace) who has a rep as a "wedding trasher" trying to fix her bad rep by working with Irons on the wedding of a Boston politician. She falls for a musician in a band she's trying to book.

Back to the game show. Dugan snarls through his bit whereby four randomly chosen "couples" are literally chained together at the waist (they have panic buttons). Whichever couple lasts the longest wins the money. Two people I never heard get chained. He's the brother of the Boston pol and she's a Russian mafia moll. The fourth would-be couple has a Boston tour guide searching for the passenger with a "glass slipper" tattooed on her neck (I kid you not) since he's fallen instantly in love with her.

In between these various arcs, a HUGELY annoying fat street singer woman yowls and plays a guitar. Of course, all these disparate people come together for the wedding which is total chaos and everybody has a good time.

It is beyond me how many good film projects cannot get funding but there's always money for garbage like this. How desperate must Irons and Keaton have been to get involved?
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unfocused and boring
Gordon-1127 December 2020
The problem with this film is that it is very unfocused. It wants to be an ensemble romantic comedy, but it is not ensemble, but romantic and not comedic. It is plainly boring.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not even a "good" bad movie
ryanlaurencecole31 December 2020
The pain from this disaster is still fresh. So take this with a grain of salt, I may change my mind further removed from the watching...

This is the worst movie I've ever seen. I would recommend this movie to no one. It was nonsensical, not funny, poorly written, haphazardly shot, offensively bad acting. Nothing redeeming.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than I had expected
juanbigtaco13 February 2021
Don't know why there are so many haters for this one. As somebody who normally avoids Diane Keaton movies, I was surprised by how good this one was. I think they could have stretched it out a bit longer to fill in a bit more for each of the different couples, but there wasn't one dull moment, great pacing, lots of laughs, great date movie.
I just can't!!!
mattcampbell-5846512 February 2021
I'm in the cinema at this very moment writing this review before I walk out!!!

I love Dianne Keaton but for the life of me I can't see why she would agree to this? This is a D grade made for TV movie, and that's being generous.

Usually I can find a positive in any movie but this stinker should have been left on the cutting room floor.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watching it was a disaster
Timonboard24 January 2021
This movie is the absolute definition of the word 'trite'. It tries so hard from the very first scene to be funny that it it is very apparent that it is exactly the opposite- bland and not funny in every sense.
love it or hate it
ferguson-64 December 2020
Greetings again from the darkness. Very much in the same mold as the late Garry Marshall's VALENTINE'S DAY (2010), NEW YEAR'S EVE (2011), and MOTHER'S DAY (2016), this one also utilizes the multi-story approach with all characters ultimately crossing paths as a payoff. If you are familiar with those movies, then you know what to expect here. However, if you are not familiar, there is no good way to prepare you, other than you'll either love it or hate it.

Writer-director Dennis Dugan has been a frequent Adam Sandler collaborator, with movies landing in the "good" (HAPPY GILMORE, 1996), the "bad" (GROWN UPS 2, 2013), and the "ugly" (JACK & JILL, 2011). Mr. Dugan's co-writers here are married couple Eileen Conn and Larry Miller. The cast includes Oscar winners Diane Keaton (ANNIE HALL, 1977) and Jeremy Irons (REVERSAL OF FORTUNE, 1991), and many faces you'll recognize from other films.

The opening sequence will be enough to let you know where you fall on the 'love it or hate it' scale. Jessie (Maggie Grace, TAKEN) is skydiving with her local news anchor fiancé, and their mid-dive argument leads to a break-up and a crash landing into a lakeside wedding. The video (there's always a video these days) goes viral, and Jessie becomes a social media celebrity burdened with the moniker, "Wedding Trasher" ... not the best marketing for a wannabe wedding planner.

Jessie goes up against legendary wedding planner Lawrence (Mr. Irons) for the soon-to-be Mayor's wedding, which loosely ties into the Mayor's brother's participation in a TV Game Show called "Crash Couples", where mismatched folks are chained together in hopes of taking home the one million dollar prize. The show is hosted by the film's director, Dennis Dugan. Lawrence is an egomaniacal high-falutin wedding planner and all-around rude dude who gets set up on a blind date with Sara (Diane Keaton), who is, yes, actually blind. Her entrance is just one of the painfully overdone physical pratfalls dropped in throughout the film, presumably to appeal to a wider comedy audience.

Andrew Bachelor plays the charismatic laugh-a-minute guide on a Duck tour who goes searching for his "Cinderella" ... love at first sight for him. Next up we have Diego Bonita as a sensitive guitar player in the band Jessie wants to hire for the Mayor's wedding. And I've yet to mention the involvement of the mafia thanks to the Mayor's brother's partner in the "Crash Couples" game. The multitude of characters and story lines all intersect at the wedding Jessie has planned - an event with hurdles just high enough for her to conquer. Some of the characters tie in more easily than others, but it's best to just go with the flow here, no matter how cringe-inducing it might be at times.

On the bright side that surely most of us can agree on, Elle King (Rob Schneider's daughter) is superb as the singer in the park who reappears throughout. Her songs fit the story, and her voice and sound are top notch and quite welcome. Romantic comedies sometimes get a bum rap, and few slide as cleanly into the "love it or hate it" mode as this one.
10 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worst Movie
mariahess-3975223 January 2021
This so-called star cast must've been paid a fortune, because this is a stinker. Horrible writing, terrible acting, and exaggerated directing. I wish I could get my rental money back.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny and enjoyable
michkerr14 February 2021
I laughed right the way thru this one. Some rediculous parts but overall it was great so I can get past it. We thoroughly enjoyed it.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Adorable
jzbelle-549223 January 2021
It's cute. Funny. Has some issues but definitely entertaining. And there's a great soundtrack! Worth a watch if you live a rom com. And of course a fantastic cast!
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't bother
barbara-mclellan21 February 2021
Dreadful movie. Dennis Dugan should not write or direct movies. The xenophobia, stereotyping all were awful. Jeremy Irons should sue them.
Ah well...
BandSAboutMovies18 February 2021
Dennis Dugan is known for the movies he's directed for Adam Sandler, including Happy Gilmore, Big Daddy, I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry, You Don't Mess with the Zohan, Grown Ups, Just Go with It, Jack and Jill and Grown Ups 2, which has made him a four-time Golden Raspberry Worst Director nominee. He also made Problem Child, Brain Donors, Beverly Hills Ninja and several other films that critics abhorred.

He wrote this with Eileen Conn and Larry Miller, directing from his own screenplay. And what we get is, well, it's one of those romantic comedies that have plotlines that intersect like Crash and not the one with Elias Koteas leading a cult of car crash sex lovers.

It's interesting to me that if this movie was only about the relationship between the perfectionist chef played by Jeremy Irons and the blind photographer well-acted by Diane Keaton, this would have been a movie that people talked about. Instead, that story is just one thread in a much larger fabric that really doesn't add up.

Also, this movie has more people tripping over furniture than any movie you will ever see. So many people trip over furniture that I was waiting for Dick Van Dyke to show up and fall over a chesterfield sofa.

I thought that with the death of Garry Marshall, we'd see the end of this kind of movie, a romcom that unites a cast of many to tell a story that brings them together and wraps up with everyone happy. God does not play dice, so all these coincidences in the story have to make sense. That said, She does allow movies like this to be made, I guess.

Some of the actors appearing in this are JinJoo Lee from the band DNCE, Jesse McCartney from Dream Street, German actress Veronica Ferres, Maggie Grace from Lost as the wedding planner around who this film revolves, internet creator King Bach, Rob Schneider's daughter Elle King (this movie has a propensity of musicians as actors), musician Keaton Simons (who in addition to being a musician is the stepson of Eric Roberts), Melinda Hill, Richard Kline (Larry from Three's Company) and Dugan himself as a game show host.

That said, I'm sure there's an audience for this, someone that wants a big silly movie to get them through the loneliness of quarantine. The idea of someone who trashed a wedding becoming the person in charge of an important wedding is a good one. And who knows? You may love this. I kind of respected its commitment to being as loud as possible, as well as, like I said, a movie where people continually crash into one another and careen over all manner of armchairs and other examples of furniture.

Love, Wedding & Other Disasters has just been released on blu ray. It's been streaming for some time, so there are many places where you can watch it. We were generously given a copy to review and obviously, the gift of free movies has not lured me into just giving away good reviews.

Man, I feel like I should say something nice, beyond the fact that I really liked the late age romance between Irons and Keaton. Hmm. Alright. Maggie Grave is beyond gorgeous in this with blonde hair. Also, I kind of liked the brother of the groom who is chained to an exotic dancer throughout the movie, all for opportunity to win a reality show.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
No redeeming features .. seriously, it's terrible
mgsm-8114114 February 2021
I can't imagine anyone liking this movie. It's makes a mockery of the "Love Actually" genre it tries to inhabit. Everything from the writing, directing, acting and editing is appalling. It's embarrassing for all involved and at best you might laugh at how bad it is. This movie has ended the careers of those involved and ruined the incredible legacy of Diane Keaton. I'm both sad and angry that I wasted my time and money on this.
Bad Puns, Bad Editing, and Other Disasters
Vairminator-213 February 2021
This film only received two stars (instead of one) so that Cats, Glitter, and Alone In The Dark can be recognized as worse.

The gags were in such poor taste and poorly timed, that the persistent BLIND jokes were the LEAST offensive and tasteless.

A drinking game where you drink at bad clichés and awful puns would put people in the hospital within half an hour.

Jeremy Irons and Diane Keaton made a masterful attempt to deliver the flaming dog turds that were their lines- it was akin to watching Gordon Ramsey attempt to cook a feast with only moldy bread infested with weevils.

At one point my date rolled her eyes so hard that she hit her head on the seat.

It was as if some students made a robot watch 39 hours of holiday / romantic comedy films and then made the robot try to write one.

Highlights include such stellar lines as: 'don't give up on love, that's what makes it love'.
Bad on so many levels
kmayer-2776513 February 2021
I love Maggie Grace and Diane Keaton but they couldn't save this flop. Disjointed ridiculous storyline. Bad acting and no humour. I actually left the cinema 1 hour in I could not take it anymore
Human, above all!
ZoranNBG18 January 2021
A very ordinary film with a lot of human emotions.
2 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another worst comedy film! Not laughable, and full of annoying overuse scene! Bored to freaking death!
kwenchow27 February 2021
This film start with a couple jumping out from a plane, and they fell into the lake near at the wedding ceremony scene! As turnout, this film is about the so called "Wedding Trasher"(Jessie) need to organize a wedding for a bunch of loving couples! Entire film full of boring conversation, and annoying overuse scene! Such as, overuse of the singing scene, overuse of the playing music instrument scene, overuse of the drinking scene, overuse of the walking scene, overuse of the riding bus scene, overuse of the driving scene, overuse of the causing havoc scene, overuse of the tripping scene, overuse of the playing dumb scene, overuse of the watching TV scene, overuse of the watching online video scene, overuse of the news broadcasting scene, overuse of the calling names scene, and overuse of the arguing scene! Make the film unwatchable! At the end, Jessie successfully organize the wedding party for a bunch of loving couples! Jimmy, and Svetlana winning the "Crash Couples" contest! That's it! Wasting time to watch!
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.