Moon Knight (TV Mini Series 2022) Poster

(2022)

1,202 Reviews
Liked it much more than I thought I would!
Supermanfan-1312 June 2022
I want to start off by saying how big of a fan of Superhero shows/movies I am but I really wasn't sure what to expect from this. Of course I was going to give it a chance because it's Marvel. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this show. It might not be my favorite of the Marvel shows but it's still pretty good and absolutely worth watching! Oscar Isaac is such an underrated actor and does such a fantastic job as the lead here. It had a little of everything: action, drama, mystery, suspense, etc. I hope that there's more than one season of this show because it absolutely deserves it!
25 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is a weird show...
doomedmac5 May 2022
And I kinda love it. It's genuinely bonkers and the last episode put my jaw on the floor. Oscar Isaac is brilliant as the lead, and the action is solid. Give it a chance!
35 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
He is risen!
GomezAddams66630 March 2022
This was amazing.

Totally what I wasn't expecting, but it blew my mind into the stratosphere...

I love the pacing and the storytelling route they have chosen for this extraordinary adventure.

MOON KNIGHT HAS RISEN 🌙
715 out of 1,282 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Powerful imagery, strong foundation setting
bosporan30 March 2022
A strong first episode setting the scene of a multiple personality protagonist. The reflection metaphors work well (mirrors, puddles, scales ...) even if they are pasted on so thickly. So too the missing time around the girl, the goldfish and most impactfully the fighting. The use of implied violence is compelling especially in the car chase where there is already explosive action - this also informs us of the character of the alter ego.

Passable acting from the three main characters - Isaac, Hawke and Calamawy. Some of the support cast, however, are poor.
464 out of 838 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better Than Expected!
Supermanfan-132 August 2022
I want to start off by saying how big of a fan I am of Superhero movies/shows but I really wasn't sure what to expect from this. I never heard of Moon Knight and it doesn't look like your typical superhero show. Of course I was going to give it a chance bc it's Marvel. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this. It might not be my favorite of the Marvel shows but it's still pretty good and absolutely worth watching! Oscar Isaac is such an underrated actor and does a fantastic job as the lead here. It had a little of everything: action, drama, mystery, suspense, etc. I hope that there's more than one season of this show because it absolutely deserves it!
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Highly recommended it to all comic fans
mkayseryan1 April 2022
I loved the whole ep, Oscar Isaac is perfect for this role. I can't really talk to much about it but the way they presented moon knight was a kids dream , super cool and true to what a hero is . I don't think I got that moved ever for a superhero introduction.
278 out of 490 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Start
ingra8831 March 2022
A good start!

Some first episodes like Wandavisiin was a turn off for me but got better!

Moonknight took a great start.

Oscar did a brilliant English accent, but like Chris Pratt did on Graham Norton show.

This series is going places, I know there will be highs and lows but this is a high!
364 out of 647 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watching more episodes may change opinions, in my case, so far, for the worst
miaalike13 April 2022
The first episode was suspenseful and quite a novelty. The next ones, not so much. After revealing the Mark - Steven thing, the story kind of stays too much on this, and it's not so interestingly build in what the Egyptian Gods are concerned. Feels more like a showcase of the main actor's abilities to do more than one character, which becomes boring. Is he trying to get another role, using this series? Because if not, OK, seen the dual work, now let's move on to some deep, interesting plot twists.

I saw in comments that is brings in some real life sensitive matters, this I could not identify or have an opinion about, because I took it all as fiction. But the mental health side is one that is quite obvious, and this can hardly be seen as a joke. Or as just a plot enhancer. It brings into the series a load that may sink it, because it is too, well, a heavy burden, and a reality-drawn one. Psychological thriller AND Marvel Universe character, all in one? Maybe too much... Also, Ethan Hawke's character is so flat and monotonous that could make one wonder if all the subtleties were used on Mark/Steven and someonw considered it too exhausting to go for other complex characters.
202 out of 358 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So much potential
josehayeksaballo23 July 2022
Not many negatives to be honest, I went into this show with very high expectations as I waited for the show to be fully published to watch it. I saved myself from any spoilers but still had very very high expectations for the show, as everyone was loving the show. For me it is not a 10 as I felt it was sort of rushed near the end, one more episode and it could've been on my top 3 mavel movies/ shows. Really hoping and looking forward for a second season.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The usual Marvel formula
Hitchslapped21 April 2022
I like Oscar Isaac as much as the next guy but even he can't keep me entertained. This show falls into the usual Marvel trap once again. The wacky tone is fine when I'm watching a 2 hour Marvel movie on my couch on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

However, in a series like this it just makes me not care at all about anything that is going on. I've seen the first 4 episodes so far and I think that's it for me.

There are some "darker" visuals here and there but you never feel like anyone is in real danger because this might just as well be a Chevy Chase movie.

The CGI is pretty shoddy at times but that's not something I personally care a whole lot about. It's just worth mentioning.
195 out of 335 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as good as we hoped
heatsink986 April 2022
Writing on this series needs work. The show deals with creepy elements such as the afterlife, Egyptian gods, and so on, but they're handled without the usual panache that makes those elements grab the viewer. We're two episodes in, and it's a mostly cut and dried ho-hum story with on-the-nose statements about what's happening.
182 out of 319 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I expected more
nicorip2210 May 2022
I sincerely expected much more from this tv show, especially knowing that within the cast of actors were Oscar Isaac and Ethan Hawke. After the first episode everything seemed very promising, but I found this series boring. I can rescue some of the action scenes that are very good.
109 out of 192 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's like if Mr. Robot became a superhero
DarkVulcan294 April 2022
I heard of Moon Knight, but never really knew the hold story, but then I saw the first episode on Disney plus, and I gotta say I'm excited for what comes next. Oscar Issac really takes us on this journey, playing like a Cary Grant like style.

Nice to see another Marvel Character is making there debut, seems like at the moment that it's trying to stand on it's own, without trying to be a reminder that it's in the marvel universe, and I hope it stays that way. Ethan Hawke is great in his role, I'd rather not spoil who he plays.
284 out of 540 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rushed, messy, poorly planned.
iancarlos-672314 May 2022
Moon Knight contains a few good elements, absolutely brilliant performances from Oscar Isaac, Ethan Hawke, and Maya Calamawy, as well as a good theme and... select few moments of exciting action. That's where the good ends, unfortunately, as Moon Knight is riddled with issues with writing quality, interconnectivity, character choices, and length. The show is not well done enough to appeal to any non-MCU fans, and it is so disconnected from the MCU that it isn't likely to please any MCU fans either. Another D+ show, another absolute crash landing. Can we go back to Wandavision please?
154 out of 241 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thrilling
giticomi30 March 2022
What an amazing first episode. The camera work was delightful the way it made me felt as confused as him was amazing. Plus the dialogue between himself sold it.
304 out of 578 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Full Moon (K)Night(s)
kosmasp6 May 2022
The show is over - and what a great ride it was or rather is. I have not read the comics and I think generally speaking not many have - as far as I can tell Moon Knight is a character that not a lot of people were familiar with. Nonetheless some very likely knew more of and about him then I did coming into this.

I obviously cannot give you any inside scoop on differences and similarities (though I did watch a few videos that broke down the episodes - interesting stuff and can highly recommend you do the same if the show is to your liking). I can tell you that this is different - and it is telling that people will love or hate it for that. On one hand you have those who want Marvel to put out the same things over and over again - on the other hand you have those yearning for them to do stuff differently - and have some inclusiveness to them. Yes you can make fun when in the last episode a girl asks about a superhero status of one of the characters - or you can roll with it and let those who can fully embrace it enjoy that moment.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. The show begins in a weird way. And Ethan Hawke has stated where he got his inspiration from (Paul Schrader allegedly). So we begin with the villain of the piece ... though as with a lot of the MCU "bad guys", there is some merit to what they are doing. You can understand their motive. The road to hell is paved with good intentions - isn't that the saying? And never more fitting than here - though not a literal hell I reckon ... depending on how you look on things of course.

The main actors are terrific - we knew that, but it is quite something to see Oscar Isaak really diving into ... his character (and other stuff, but let's leave those puns aside). Apart from the actors, who surely were convinced by the filmmaker behind it all ... well I already gave it away. The man with the vision - the man who called out Wonder Woman 84 for not representing Egypt the way it should be portrayed. Now the Wonder Woman sequel does not need more people hating on it. But watching this, one can understand that it is his passion - visually speaking he is doing an amazing job here. He also has an incredible art department. CGI is not perfect throughout - hopefully it won't affect your viewing pleasure. You can often tell when you get digital enhanched material. Still there are so many goodies to be found here ... it really is something different. In a good way.

And to close my quite long review of: this seems at least at the moment quite detached from the rest of the MCU - though I would like to see Moon Knight in one form or another in the future. Even the bonus credit scene (only one after the very last episode) does not give us a connection to the MCU some may have hoped for ... but that may change with upcoming projects ... let's wait it out and see where it all leads ... these new phases are building something. It may take a while, but I am here for it ... and I love it. Because Kevin Feige and all involved clearly love it to - and it shows!
57 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh, for the love of Pete
hmb-5177813 April 2022
I nearly made it through episode 3 when I realized I don't give one fig for any of these characters.

The Gods can't tell when someone is lying. Mark/Stephen/whoever just feels like a trick the writers don't know how to work.

And despite (or maybe because of) the quick cuts and fancy editing) it just doesn't connect.

IT'S BORING AF.
348 out of 679 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More of the usual
Hitchslapped1 May 2022
At first I was pleasantly surprised when I saw some of the darker visuals in the first episode. I also really enjoy seeing Oscar Isaac on screen. He knows how to act and is generally a very charming fellow. However, that's about all the positives I can say about this show.

It's just more of the usual Marvel crap where you simply stop caring about anything because none of the characters are taking the situation seriously either. In episode 5 we get some pretty rough personal information about the main character but that whole scene has absolutely no emotional impact because it's told in between all the Marvel silliness.

All that stuff is fine and dandy in a 120 minute action flick with blue sky lasers and lots of explosions but in a show that asks of me to tune back in each week it's not. All of these characters could meet a violent death and I wouldn't care one bit.
47 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing
ashfordofficial4 May 2022
Episodes: 1-6

As a big Egyptian mythology admirer, I was very excited for this show. But this show wasn't as I expected. The writing and the dialogues were mediocre and the direction and most of the performances were unsatisfying. May Calamawy was outstanding and delivered a satisfying performance.

This show felt expensive and cheap at the same time. Visual effects looked like it was done by a six year old on a Windows Vista. Kevin Feige need to hire actually talented people for these kinds of important shows. The weakest Disney+ MCU show yet. Episode 4 and 6 were the only good episodes with some decent moments. But Episode 6 ended confusingly without explaining some important story aspects of this show.
72 out of 133 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Much better than I expected!
Supermanfan-1322 May 2022
I want to start off by saying how big of a fan of Superhero shows/movies I am but I really wasn't sure what to expect from this. Of course I was going to give it a chance bc it's Marvel. I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this. It might not be my favorite of the Marvel shows but it's still pretty good and absolutely worth watching! Oscar Isaac is such an underrated actor and does a fantastic job as the lead here. It had a little of everything: action, drama, mystery, suspense, etc. I hope that there's more than one season of this show because it absolutely deserves it!
13 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10/10!
AnnaPagrati13 April 2022
Woah, I seriously love this show! It's my first contact with the Marvelous character of The Moon Knight, and I wasn't expecting much, but this is so cool!
154 out of 306 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A sleepy dreamy meaningless superhero
vedantchoudhary20 April 2022
4 episode gone and I am still trying to figure out "what exactly is happening?" Very boring and useless... Worst MCU series ever. Despite of being big MCU fan, I am helpless to rate it 2/10...
114 out of 202 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Episode one; random, bizarre, awkward, amazing.
furnacefuneral30 March 2022
This feels like walking into a conversation at a party kinda awkward, but after an hour and a nice buzz you're all of a sudden best friends with your new company. Oscar absolutely slays in this so far. I can't wait to see the beast unleashed like in daredevil and punisher. The best episode of literally anything I have seen in years. Lovin' it.
234 out of 458 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed...
thecanard13 April 2022
This show doesn't fit the tone of Moon Knight at all, HBO or even Netflix should have made this show because Moon Knight is too dark and violent for Disney unfortunetely. The CGI is horrendous, poor writting, feel like I'm watching a six hours movie. Too much jokes like always with the mcu, Mr. Knight turned into a joke sorry I can't...
105 out of 170 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
my opinion
Ahmedfadil001 April 2022
Creators, with all its details, one episode that made me excited, the sequel of the series, mentioning the civilization of Egypt, makes me feel proud because I am an Arab.
163 out of 324 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.