Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for mature material and sensuality|
Sex & Nudity
- A teenage girl and a teenage boy have sex for the first time: we see them kissing and he's lying on top of her in a petting scene that then leads to them deciding to have sex; he takes off his shirt and the scene cuts there. We see her in the bed after with a sheet covering her chest. He tells her the condom broke, which leads her to fear that she is pregnant. They discuss this several times (although the words "pregnant" and "sex" and "condom" are rarely (if ever) said).
- A teenage girl spends all night out on a boat with a man but it isn't clear if she slept with him. It is unlikely.
- At a figure drawing class, a man takes off his clothes for nude modeling (we see his upper body and his legs and thighs). Lena appears very nervous before the class starts, and he remarks that she must be a virgin. Tibby later jokes about Lena's reaction saying that he's "a nude model, not a pornstar"
- Several teenage girls wear low-cut costumes for a Shakespearean play (there's a lot of cleavage).
- A girl asks how to say, "Lost pants" in Greek and a woman replies, "Greek girls do not lose their pants."This is a joke
Violence & Gore
- A teenage girl talks about her mother's suicide.
- There are two funeral scenes, in which people lose family members.
- People on an archeological dig uncover human bones.
- A teenage girl falls through a hole (she is unhurt, but wears Band-Aids on her elbows afterward).
- A teenage girl falls through a fake wall, but she is unhurt.
- 2 anatomical terms, 2 sexual references, 1 mild obscenity, 2 religious exclamations. One instance of the F-word mumbled.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Teens in their first year of college drink wine, and people drink alcohol at a restaurant.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some emotionally intense scenes are shown in the film.
- Bridget's scenes can be quite emotional.