The Walking Dead: World Beyond (TV Series 2020– ) Poster

Great show, IF ...
Her-Excellency18 October 2020
This will be a great show if sometime in the next episode all the melodramatic teens get eaten by the zombies.
605 out of 640 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
wallacekerry699 October 2020
This is so bad I actually want to root for the zombies.
491 out of 533 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was this even necessary?
spliefer9 October 2020
I can't imagine with TWD running out of steam and FTWD never really gaining it, that anyone was waiting for Nickelodeon Does The Zombie Apocalypse. Did Robert Kirkman lose a bet pr something?

The acting's bad, the dialogue is boring, and you wouldn't even know it was set in TWD universe if they didn't occasionally show those weird shots of zombies with cartoony outlines. Even the wigs are terrible.

The fact they call the zombies 'empties' is kind of fitting. It's how I'd describe the show as a whole.

edit: Against better judgement I watched the second episode. It really is an unhinged mess. At least there were more zombies this time.
458 out of 502 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Shallow, vapid, teen-based show apparently aimed at the below 20 crowd
Asteri-Atypical25 October 2020
I have a hard time assessing this from the lens of a teen. Being... well... somewhat past my teenage years, I can't presume to speak for the predominant mindset and culture of that demographic. I can only speak for myself... and I will.

To me, this show was seriously lacking in depth, complexity, intelligence, sensibility --- even redeemable action or superficial excitement (or fun). Not only is the plot centered around a bunch of teens, but they seem to think like teens, and make stupid typical teen mistakes. The problem is, in TWD universe -- they'd be DEAD. There was nothing uncanny about them, their skills, or their situation which made it seem plausible.

Now, I've seen show aimed at teens or kids, which I truly enjoyed. Either they were more deeply layered, or had fun/excitement/action, or were just plain funny enough, to be enjoyable. I don't see those redeeming complexities, here.

I actually wanted to enjoy this. I gave it a shot -- but I just can't. Some shows, I might say "it's not for me, but give it a shot, maybe it's more your cup of tea." But not this one. UNLESS, of course, you are in that youthful demographic. Maybe the perception of the modern young person is different enough to like this. After all, someone makes Kardashians and other reality shows popular. But if you're at all like me -- you'll wish you'd just passed it by.
186 out of 207 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you're thinking about watching this, don't
markjacobproudlock13 October 2020
With constantly annoying characters and a disturbing lack of thrills, this is by far the worst walking dead show. It's basic and infuriating with the lack of anything interesting happening. Just do yourself a favor and avoid it.
244 out of 275 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Should've told Negan to bash my head before watching this
jackowayne5 October 2020
I got a simple rule - If anything makes you sleepy, don't waste your precious time on it. Find something better. This boring mess did that in 10 mins.

Mediocre acting, poor dialogue, plot seems to be written taking a doody. There is a 'World Beyond' this atrocity. Explore that!
374 out of 426 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good lord wake me when it's over!
arobertson1612 October 2020
What a load of rubbish!! Teen idiots leaving the safety of their sanctuary to go on a road trip 🙄 Total snooze fest with idiotic characters who do the dumbest things and say even dumber things 😴
208 out of 235 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Scott Gimple, enough said!!!!
amiller7913 October 2020
How does this man keep getting work? Not content on almost single handedly destroying The Walking Dead he now has more then likely destroyed the whole franchise as a whole completely! Creatively bankrupt avoid like the plague.
195 out of 221 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My first review, it really is that bad.
Gruckel-112 October 2020
I'm an avid zombie lover, books, movies or series, no matter I'll be there! But this? I really wish it was possible to give a 0.

If you've ever watched a horror movie, and gone "No, don't go there, stop!". Then you've gotten the awful yet satisfying, "I told you so!" feeling a good may times.

In this series, apparently written by a zombie, you don't even get that, danger? Nah, the power of youth and writers block to the rescue!

TWD and F:TWD has had a few, let's say less than amazing episodes, AS of the time of writing, I'm two episodes in, and the best minute of this show won't even come close to the worst in any of those. Skip it!
222 out of 253 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I really want it to be good...
N7Infinity25 October 2020
The only reason I keep watching is because it's part of The Walking Dead universe. But it's getting really hard to ignore the bad acting and the poor writing. I'm rooting for the zombies in this, even though there's not many to be seen! Think I'm gonna have to skip the rest if it doesn't improve... such a shame
124 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
e-west60912 October 2020
NO....just NO! Put that money back into TWD...not this *#^*! The 1 star reviews for this trash are far more entertaining than the show. As Rod Serling once brilliantly wrote: I wish this one to "The Corn Field"!

Goodbye!
190 out of 216 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Teen Melo Drama.. Bad writing.. Cheap
jnhrdk10 October 2020
Skip this one... Read other reviews. Its all true. Not worth your time.
198 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cheap looking teen melodrama written by lizard people.
lojack844 October 2020
When characters refer to planes crashing as "The Sky Falling" you know you're in for some absolutely abysmal writing, another absolutely terrible show written by people who seemingly have no ability to understand how human beings interact, communicate or respond to stressful situations, choosing melodrama over drama, I mean, it's a zombie apocalypse! If you can't fathom how to create Drama in that setting what good are you?

Garbage.
359 out of 420 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As bad as bad television gets!
jpm-867058 October 2020
Why even bother reviewing something sooooo bad. Bad writing, bad casting, bad acting, bad sets, bad costumes, bad effects...just bad. No Apocalypse to be found. Please get rid of this garbage. Make room for something good, and not from this production company. Cutting edge and Eerie projects in the pike from what I can tell!
181 out of 209 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Was this written and acted by people stupider than zombies?
xaocam-7748026 November 2020
You know when (at the time of review) there are 18 10 stars and 334 1 star that something went terribly amiss. What is sad is that the writers just don't respond and keep dribbling out the same crap - melodramatic teens that, if they are the first generation after the zombie apocalypse, then the human species is bound for extinction. This is followed by bad acting, except for the occasional zombie and poorly written script. if it doesn't get canned it will be surprising if it makes it past season 2.
50 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really boring
postirene13 October 2020
It is soooooo boring. Omg. I dont even know what to say. Dumb. Boring. No action
109 out of 125 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My eyes hurt! watch it if you dare...will be left begging for a commercial break!
cinema-c8 October 2020
Holy *$#* this was bad, even at high speed scan looking for a recognizable face. This show needs its own spin-off, "Talking Dredd".

To the reviewer gh52, thanks for the heads up on "The Dead Wake" (2020)...you were dead on...the footage found in the pre-series short is dark and gritty and the sound effects are the best I have heard, the way TWD should be, but has not been able to pull off to date. If this is the kind of quality coming from a one man cast/crew during a world-wide Pandemic, unable to hire crew or cast, simply to showcase an upcoming project, these large Network productions are truly dead. TWD:World Beyond is embarrassing. Please make it go away!
154 out of 179 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This show sucks.
zollingerb21 October 2020
Why on earth did they feel the need to do a teenage version of TWD?

It's boring and stupid. Who are they attempting to appeal to?
94 out of 108 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simple gimple
Experiment5324 October 2020
Seriously folks, when is everyone going to realize that gimple ruins everything he touches? He takes over the walking dea, it turns into mush. Bad dialogue, ugly filter ridiculous story. Gimple leaves TWD, season becomes one of the best seasons ever since he took over. Gimple moves on to fear the walking dead at around the beginning of season four. Notice a pattern? Ftwd turns into a mush, but this time the filter is even uglier. Season five comes to a close and they give simple gimple a new show, this one. Surprise , surprise! A mush! I pray to whatever deity will listen that gimple stays with this show cause if he goes back to any of the other two we can expect more mush.
100 out of 116 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Easily the Worst of TWD Franchise
djesusundead10 October 2020
Don't waste your time. If you think FTWD is bad or mediocre, this is infinitely worse.
127 out of 150 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just bad
kathylill17 October 2020
This show is just horrible. Of course if you're looking for a very mild non violent zombie show this could be for you. And the people saying "give it a chance" or "to many haters" are clearly under 16. I'm rooting for the zombies.
91 out of 106 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why? Why?
daves-5627811 October 2020
We are in the midst of a real world wide pandemic. The world is shut down. People are locked down in their homes, angry and frustrated....and no, this in not the premise of this really bad spin-off. That is the real world...and what do they give us for entertainment in a post apocalyptic world? Zombies...nope, none of those. We get dumb, overly privileged teenagers, on a school field trip...WTF!

People are suffering enough in the real world...why make them suffer more? Cancel this show...please! You insult EVERYONE!
112 out of 132 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Whoever gave this the greenlight must be a zombie as it's void of thinking
namstonk9 October 2020
So I thought I'd give it to the second episode, I wish I had not. The acting is woeful, seriously bad, how these people ever got on is beyond anyone's imagination, perhaps that is the true sci-fi/fantasy here. As for the story, well it's godawful, the usual yawn characters, the seven stone young girl, the gay kid, the misunderstood dork, the mixed race leader etc have all been done before and a lot better. It really could not get worse you think, but then the dialogue rams it home, turgid, lame and quite frankly stupid lazy writing. I won't even go into all the errors (episode 2 is rife, checkout out Elton's watch and amaze at the next line), the glaring WTF's annoy enough, mowed lawns, no dust in derelict property, rope barriers. Did the Walking Dead execs see how The 100 was basically fooling the viewer with same season over and over again (even though they left earth) and thought it they can fool the viewer's why can't we? Let's make even more moolah? Embarrassing rubbish.
108 out of 130 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring
floralgia4 October 2020
Sorry to say that... But it is Incredibly boring... 😔 Painful to watch.
189 out of 233 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Snooze fest with diversity tick box cast
humble-526988 October 2020
It's always amusing seeing Hollywood bang on about diversity, racism and bigotry, but still always cast a Brit as the villain!!!! Based on episode 1 the writers have the creative capacity of actual walkers !!! Seriously, who's idea was it to turn an action/adventure/horror genre into a teen melodrama soap opera ???
165 out of 203 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.