My Little Pony: A New Generation (2021) Poster

Reluctantly enjoyed it a lot
willz18725 September 2021
Didn't want to like it but I couldn't help but enjoy this!. Never liked the aesthetic of the stringy hair like the original toy ponies had. Prefer 2D over 3D animation. Loved My Lil Pony; Friendship is Magic. Saw this as a burial for the Mane 6 characters. I had about as much interest in this as I did Beast Wars, compared to Transformers generation 1. Actually liked this movie more the the MLP FIM movie - which wasn't great. Never going to forget AJ, Rainbow, Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Twilight! I think they should've appeared through a portal at the end of the movie to say hello.
42 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I love this. I'm a 42 year old parent...
pfne24 September 2021
Yes. I love it.

The story line is interesting the humour is fun and funny, the songs are toe tappingly.good and don't overstay their welcome.

The characters are fantastic and actually believable... Considering they're talking ponies...

I love it.

I love that it paid homage to FIM and didn't ignore it.

If this is a sign of what's to come, bring it on, I'll welcome it.
42 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great start for a new generation!
MeadowStar95724 September 2021
Before the review I want to say, please don't compare it to G4. This a movie, not a series. I know alot of veterans out there are going to pander this film for the style and characters. I know G4 was amazing, but we gotta move on and try new things.

Now for the review.

TLDR: Its very well made, I give my support for this generation! Of course the story is not the greatest, the songs were alright I was moving to beat in all of them. Characters do there part and together make a great development throughout the film.

Story: It a predictable story and will get you thinking ahead of the film. Its very short on some scenes and will feel very rush. The ending is the shortest of all the scenes. Pacing is really a big issue.

Characters: When together it really shines and shows the potential! When alone, it all one note. For likeable, the Pegasus is who I found likeable! The others not so much, the sheriff was the bottom of the group.

Sound: Well done on audio! The soundtrack was good and the sfx were done right, no question when watching.

Overall: Give a watch! It doesn't hurt to try, G4 will always be here if you don't like it! Last thing, please spread love and kindness to people who like this film! Bring friendship not discord!
42 out of 54 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unlike my expectation it was really interesting
orcadolphinbot29 September 2021
I prefer 2D over 3D animation and I kinda didn't wanted to watch this movie but saw lots of people enjoyed this movie so I gave a try, it was worth over the time.
20 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
guess i'm a fan
djurrepower30 September 2021
Actually liked it. Wasn't really blown away but liked it's vibe. Some good jokes, and funny off references. Overall story was maybe a little simple and not totally polished, but I wouldn't call it bad. Also the show didn't shy away from showing some deeper topics, so I can certainly respect that. So overall a enjoyable experience and I'll probably be checking out the upcoming series.

7/10: pretty good.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's great , very fun film to watch with young kids.
marinepetal23 September 2021
The movie was AMAZING. It's very fun to watch with children, Or even with teens. I love it and I'm ready to move on.

[Guys, do not listen to the new hate comments, they were just log in to hate and underrate mlp : g5. Don't ever listen. If you wanna rate, then watch the movie yourself.

- i know the whole fandom will miss g4, like i grew up with, but you can't just log in to spread hate. As from my experience. The movie, the song was totally spectacular. Of course, it's below mlp g4, no matter what. But you can move on, but not forget your favourite show].
43 out of 59 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BETTER THAN G3!!
kasafamily23 September 2021
Im going to miss My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic after this but im going to rewatch it soon, but this one is great than i expected.
39 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Coooooooool
sinahaase-960-74349724 September 2021
My Daughter is 10 now and apparently too old to like my little pony anymore lol she used to be obsessed but now it's not cool anymore? Oddly enough I'm going backwards and I am at this age where what used to not be cool is now cool to me soooooo I liked it lol At least my 3-year old will watch it with me! 🤣
13 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Missing information
theactress0030 September 2021
I only gave it an 8 because the movie left us with a million questions. It didn't explain a lot of things. How did they get to this point... lot of why's for the kids... It was fun though.
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Left with more questions than answers
natzelmaria26 September 2021
The movie is good by itself. But our kids & neighborhood kids that came over to watch (along with myself) were left scratching our heads as to what happened to make the ponies hate each other; where is Discord (immortal), all the Princesses (as Celestia was over 1k yrs old), the castles, Tree of Harmony, the Crystal Empire, Griffins, Mermares, Dragons, Yaks, etc. This is a good movie for the very young (as our 4yo loved it) but left the older kids (5.5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13) wondering and really upset. Hopefully, if a sequel is made they answer these VERY important questions! This made absolute chaos in our home for the last 36hrs lol. Even our son (13) was ticked at the out come of this movie. Again, it was a good movie but needed a lot more explanation for those who are diehard fans of MLP.
17 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Didn't explain why ponies hate each other
gemanuelbarbosa25 September 2021
Very good movie with wonderful animation but the movie doesn't make sense several and several seasons thrown in the trash every season show the ponies happy and united and just takes it off to make the movie after ages (in the series) the ponies together and the worst he doesn't even explain why but i have to admit animation is good and some jokes are funny this is my opinion. (Yes I'm using Google translator sorry I don't speak your language but I gave this movie so much that I'm here)
14 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This plot could be better...
chabark25 September 2021
I'm from Russia and I watched this movie at the theater. Lucky man, you may say... what can I say in this review? I was disappointed! No, I don't guess g4 is the best thing ever and that's why comparing not in favor of a new gen. I'm trying to rate it honestly like an ordinary movie, even not a cartoon. This plot could be better... It looks like writers didn't try well, their ideas were once mixed up and were never untangled afterwards. Yes, it's a cartoon film, for children, but would not be nice to make a more clear and not a crumpling plot? By the way, the beginning was great! Sunny's nature and motivation was presented very great and true! But afterwards many things gone wrong, out of logic, out of meaning... it's a shame to watch it, to comprehend it. One more good thing - computer graphics was truly great. Pony models are soft and literally warm for senses. Backgrounds are amazing. And songs, of course - to hear it is a good entertainment among the general disappointment.
15 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spectacular visuals, and fun writing
xboxsamurai824 September 2021
I so hope this level of quality can carry into the TV show as this was completely stunning to watch.

It's really great how it ties in with FiM too, it feels like there's history all around. I could watch this frame by frame 8 times over and spot new fun things each time. All in all gotta save 10 stars for the best out there, but this did not disappoint!

A definite go to for a great time!
17 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Missing the magic
brookenichole-9805425 September 2021
My Little Pony: A New Generation is not good. It's missing that magic from older versions that I've enjoyed over the years. A lot of the songs were annoying and mediocre. The characters weren't flushed out enough to the point you forget their even there at all. Not to mention this movie dragged. I felt like I was watching a two hour movie.

There were things I liked: The voice acting was perfect! Along with the comedy from James Marsden and Kimiko Glenn. There was even one good song by Sofia Carson that I enjoyed. I even loved the animation! It was absolutely stunning!

A movie that didn't need to happen, but I'm sure kids will enjoy.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
G5 Go! Go! Go!
putriyohana-7899024 September 2021
I first found out about G5 in February 2021 when I was accessing Facebook, a member of the MLP group posted a pink bed cover with pictures of Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, and Pipp Petals. At first I didn't like the three ponies and some Brony made these three ponies a meme or something. However, when MLP FB official uploaded the first photo of Sunny and Izzy for the first time in 3D on February 25th, I started to like it and started following updates until now.

Well, as of this moment, September 24, 2021... The movie has started! I haven't watched this film yet, I've only watched the trailer and clips so far. But my hunch is that this film will be ONE of the amazing and special movie of 2021. All generations of My Little Pony are awesome and deliver sweet messages, including this G5! Judging by the synopsis and trailer, the film looks like it's going to be a little scarier than G4. At first I was a little hesitant, but after I got used to it and watched the trailer, I started to like this movie. My message, don't listen to the G5 haters! They (G5 haters) are people who are not grateful for what has been given. Be grateful that Hasbro is still willing to continue My Little Pony to a new generation and new design. Because My Little Pony is one of their flagship franchises. Follow your heart, if you really like the G5, let's watch it! If you don't like it, there's no need to express hate speech to G5 and influence people who are already enthusiastic about G5 so that they become disappointed and sad. If you're on the verge of wanting to watch it but are a little hesitant about the G5, I suggest giving the G5 a chance. I'm sure you'll love it! Indeed G4 (Friendship is Magic) is the best of the best, has been spreading the magic of friendship and a sweet moral message, as well as adventure, humor, imagination, splendid combat, unity, songs, happiness, hearts, and endless fun since October. 2010. I appreciate and of course i remember all of that, but let's first see this G5 movie. It's possible that these (upcoming) G5 films and series could be as great and fantastic as G4 (Friendship is Magic)!
11 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie!
artistcrazy24 September 2021
The kids really enjoyed this fun and entertaining re-make of the my little pony franchise. It was so nice and cute and the characters were all so cleverly designed. We really enjoyed this film and also the catchy and new songs.
15 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Very good time.
noxagonal5 October 2021
Maybe not an absolute masterpiece but it earned it's place in my all time top 10 l, I can't stop re-watching it.

Animation, visuals, sounds, character models, voice acting and mood are all amazing.

Story is good and can surprise you a couple of times, it is a bit simple on the surface and contained, which is not a bad thing considering it still manages to surprise in the details.

Music took me a couple of watches to fully get into but I appreciate it more and more.

Pacing was a bit fast but I guess that might keep the kids focused on the film better. It's definitely not a deal breaker but I kinda wished the quiet moments took just a little longer to let everything sink in more.

Overall I highly recommend this movie.

I'm also a fan of the original MLP:FiM show and really appreciate the throwbacks and can't wait for the series.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What a fun film!
robertshermon24 September 2021
I went into this movie very excited to see what Hasbro has been cooking up. I was not disappointed with what I saw :)

First, the visuals are fantastic. At first I was skeptical about the 3D animation, but several frames were so cute I said out loud "protect that smile!"

That brings me to the characters, secondly. The characters were likable and imaginative, though could have used more development. We'll see more into their characters when the show starts airing though; this is just an introduction after-all.

Third, many people were worried that this movie would be too "woke" and political with its message, and honestly I'm not even sure what that would have looked like. What we got instead was a film focused on the importance of unity, truth, and heart in the face of a culture of division and a tendency towards skepticism and blind fear. It teaches kids to keep these ideals at the forefront of their minds as they grow up and are confronted with today's toxic cultural tendencies. I'd say it's definitely a worthwhile message to portray in a children's movie, especially now, and never once did the movie feel like it was pandering or talking down to the audience.

This flick is fun for kids with it's charm and entertaining story, engaging for older audiences with its references and background gags, and definitely well-worth the wait for long fans of the MLP series. Hats off to Hasbro, this one is a winner!
12 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The exact opposite of everything that made Friendship is Magic great
stclairgroyper23 September 2021
The showrunners of seasons 1 through 6 of FiM were great! Then they brought on writers who admitted they never even watched the show. Now we come to A New Generation, which sucks and isn't good. "Express Yourselfie".... they're trying so hard to relate to kids and they're failing so bad it'd be funny if they didn't ruin everything that made My Little Pony great.

This movie was AWFUL and Hasbro should be ashamed.
26 out of 58 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Great End to My Little Pony
sallianmanyi-4499724 September 2021
This was really great, with most of the humor targeted towards kids, but great.
8 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beyond bad
fuentescharles23 September 2021
So basically this was terrible, and I'm just go to go watch FIM again.

Guess Hasbro didn't learn what made MLP FIM great, cause this sucked.
25 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing Ponies
brightonhockeyy24 September 2021
I loved this movie. There was many valuable lessons, the songs were amazing, the ponies were so cute and lovable, and there was even a couple moments where I felt like crying bc of sadness/happiness. The voice acting was on point too, Kimiko Glenn was perfect for Izzy!! It's a great movie I highly recommend.
Wonderful family entertainment!
wendydyke24 September 2021
This movie is really fun and entertaining for both kids and adults who grew up with my little pony! The animation is cute and nice to watch, the story is clever and new. Overall a nice movie !
Great Start for Generation 5 of My Little Pony Franchise
farhanazhari0524 September 2021
My Little Pony: A New Generation is a Great Start of Generation 5 era in MLP Franchise, This Story was Good & Simple, Very Funny, The Song in the Movie was Great & Simple, The Mane 6 as Cameo to Memories, And Movie to Much Fun!, I'm am Biggest Fan of MLP!!!

Rating: 9/10.
10 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The review boosting coming from Equestria Daily, make no mistake, this is bad
yobamoment24 September 2021
MLP FIM was great, MLP ANG is bad. Need I say more?
19 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.