Twist (2021) Poster

(2021)

A Parkour Nightmare
Neon_Gold30 January 2021
I didn't really know what to expect with this movie but I was still underwhelmed by it.

It was extremely dull and just dead behind the eyes. I found it to be a chore to sit though.

I don't want to be horrible but the acting was absolutely awful. It was so lifeless and just really bad. Every single actor was bad.

Also a warning that most of this film is just running sequences that normally end up on rooftops. I'm pretty sure that some parts were shot on a go pro.

It also had this like sugary sweetness undertone which clashed so much with the "English crime" tone. It was like a kids movie but about a gang in London?

It was really bad.
78 out of 91 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
jonny-pears10 February 2021
I can honestly say this movie was hard to sit through. I started to get headaches from the running and jumping scenes that added very little to the movie. Michael Caine was also awful. It's like he took the easy money then put in no effort. Then again there wasn't much to put effort towards. I'll be honest, most of the acting here was awful from Caine to Ora to Headley. Only Noel Clarke worked. Give this a miss. Another Sky production that fails to be worth it.
29 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I can't work out what the target audience is
zqamhrcf30 January 2021
It's like a cheap children's film but with swearing and a bit of murder.
42 out of 55 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The worst film I have EVER seen
ztnim-3540629 January 2021
The acting the writing and the utter pointlessness of most of this movie is an embarrassment to British film. Even the legend michael Caine was awful. The worst film I have ever seen without a doubt. Extremely frustrating and pointless from start to finish.
52 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why why why
mikenorriemn29 January 2021
Just awful, what seemed like a cool idea got bad....real quick. Not even the likes of Caine and Headley could save this drowning puppy, and the less said about Rita Ora the better.
50 out of 70 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I want my 90 minutes back.
tonyrstevens31 January 2021
Avoid like the covid plague. Acting awful, story awful!

I wish I had taken those bad reviews and believed them. It really is bad.

Michael Caine just took the money. I thought Jaws the Revenge was bad. This is worse.

Do yourself a favour and avoid!
19 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's a Parkour heist movie with Harry Brown.
rawlings-9359130 January 2021
My first review but had to be done, and if I save but one of you from terrorising your senses by watching this then I'd be a hero! It's dreadful...so avoid.
29 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Eeerrrmmmmmmmm
stevenhayles31 January 2021
Can't even call this a Sunday movie watch when there's nothing else on, and even worse I can't believe I watched the whole thing hoping it will better, if you take acid maybe give it go but other than that please don't waste your time.
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
David Walliams??
aucottjohn1 February 2021
Ruins everything he's in. Don't waste your time. Also the film sucks anyway he just made it worse. The only way it could be any worse is if they cast that talentless jack Whitehall in it
28 out of 38 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh dear
teresawhite-6814831 January 2021
Felt middle class writers and actors were trying to be edgy and street, cringe
15 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Parkour parkour parkour
bloodyjackuk30 January 2021
A film about parkour parkour did I mention it's a film about parkour? No? Well it's a film with "'Ello I'm Michael Caine" and Parkour.
26 out of 36 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One word... Utter Dross!
marissa_maynard31 January 2021
Well that was two words. But you know what I mean, right?!

Firstly, I have to say, Rita Ora was terrible in this film. She has absolutely no acting chops at all - you could see her literally reading the script in her mind. Just terrible.

Talking about the script... it was poor. So, so, poor. I really don't know how this project managed to get the green light with a script of that quality.

Rafferty Law was also bad in this film - poor acting, again. Although not as bad as Miss Ora.

I could go on, but I think that watching this film has resulted in me losing too many brain cells. So, to avoid the same fate, avoid this film at all costs!
24 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Skip it you will not miss it
Michealcoupe29 January 2021
Bad acting, garbage so called stunts not a cinema movie not a TV movie barely comparable to a 90s tween show save an hour and a half and stare at a wall with your eyes shut. Avoid like a family of four running round tesco with no masks attempting to cough and splutter on you.
34 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
hifiman-6227029 January 2021
So many familiar faces. Terrible movie. I suspect it's sky financing cheap movies due to lack of big movies made 2020 and to save buying big movies... I have rated 4 cos it was presented in 4k.. but.....god it's bad.
27 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You call that acting?
jdxhfaqv30 January 2021
Wow honestly the worst acting I've seen for a long long time you get better acting on eastenders! The rest of the cast even made Michael Caine look like a bad actor! The longest hour an half of my life! Shockingly poor!
20 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Silly plot, poor writing, terrible acting
dc-keel31 January 2021
Other reviews have criticised Twist for being a Parkour film. I would say that this is its only redeeming feature. It would be wrong to call all of the acting "wooden" but the overall standard is very low and Rita Ora must know this is not her strong suit. The references to Twist, Dodge, Fagin and Sykes just remind you that you could be watching a much (much) better film. The dialogue is clumsy and mechanical, with youth references crowbarred in with unintended comedic consequences. But some of the running and jumping is very good!
9 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why would you watch this
jlwarmington5 February 2021
The trailer for this film looked beyond cheap and terrible. The adverts are on the radio all the time and even that sounded awful and that's just audio. Tiny snippets of the acting looked terrible more like a parody film. Why would you do a film and base it around parkour which was like a trend 15 years ago. Try and imitate Kingsman style directing with a budget that looks like something for kids to make at school and mix in terrible actors for a serious film...except for Michael. Good god Rita Ora needs to go away she barely even has any musical talent let alone anything else
16 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful!
simongazzard31 January 2021
Way to predictable and awful acting. Expected more from Michael Caine and Lena Headey.
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tries too hard
kdycer31 January 2021
Liked the idea of Oliver Twist being set in modern times, but this is poorly executed. The makers have tried way too hard to be gritty and street, so much so that it's like a parody of gangsta films. I mean, David Walliams makes an appearance for goodness sake. Throwing in a soundtrack featuring 90's Brit bands doesn't make it edgy either. Weak storyline, poor acting and unconvincing 'criminals' With the likes of Headey and Caine in it, it really should have been better.
17 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible, dreadful, actors should've stayed in lockdown instead
traceytak29 January 2021
Even Michael Caine couldn't save this film it just a pile of rubbish. The casting crew should have realised that a pop star doesn't necessarily make a good film as it's shows that Rita Ora plays herself but with an accentuated accent, hopeless and very unconvincingly. She should stick to music, acting is not her forte.If this what rubbish sky invests its money in they should sack everyone who decided to spend any money on this awful film.
29 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lousy
andrewdavid65 February 2021
Bad acting , silly plot , an absolute waste of time , sky originals - stop making these please !
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Strange twist
remedy3055 March 2021
Updating the classics has always been a double edged sword. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In this adaptation Dicken's novel is transported to modern London with street smart kids working for an irrascible Fagin played by Michael Caine. Large chunks are missed out of the original and characters are adjusted. Sykes is a woman and Nancy is the same age as Oliver. Taken as a stand alone this movie is not a bad effort. Some of the running over London's rooftops is good fun. Where the movie suffers is in continuity. Where are we in Dickens script.....or otherwise. But the only real problem is the portrayal of Sykes. Playing him as a Lesbian woman is quite a good idea but she is just not nasty enough. Mean in spirit, action and words but really just another thug with a gun. Sykes in the book or portrayed by Reed was a vicious bully but also a very complicated charactacter. This new Sykes tries to be nasty but comes across as flat and one dimentional. I enjoyed the movie, especially the portrayal of a modern street gang, but all seriously lacking the guts of the original.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What an absolute stinker
pompey231030 January 2021
When you watch incredibly bad films like this, you have to wonder does anyone from the production team actually watch it back? Like so much 'Sky Originals' the quality is woefully poor. It has the feel of a 6 form project. My honest advice pass this by and watch that paint dry
18 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I couldn't stop watching because it was so bad
under_ground_6530 January 2021
It's the worst film I've ever seen by a long way but you had to keep watching just to see if it could get any worse and it does. It go's from terrible to embarrassing to careers over?
19 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
All i can say is
chipsesq31 January 2021
It looks like the Luvvies are taking anything in the way of work to get a bit of spotlight during this Pandemic,the once great Michael Caine now reduced to doing a movie that looks like it has less production value than a panty pads advert. Noel Clark,as usual,has the constant look of a scowling quizzical cave man on his face whilst the less said about Rita Ora and her "acting" abilities,the better. If you are looking for something to pass the time,this underwhelming,under performed across the board,shoddiness of a movie,is not it,cutting your toenails would be a better of your time,perhaps read a book,like Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens,a true tale,unlike this,Innit Bruv ya git me immitation.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.