"Supernatural" Carry On (TV Episode 2020) Poster

(TV Series)

(2020)

2,949 Reviews
Saying goodbye, not just to SN
sales-3087811 January 2022
I have to admit, I'm a 62 year old man, and at the end I cried a little. I don't think I cried for the characters though. The ending was sad, but it wasn't heart ripping. I think my tears are due to the things in life that have changed since I started watching this show 15 years ago. In the 15 years since i started watching this show, I've found and lost, lost and found new loves. People who I love have died, and people who I love have been born. I've watched these two boys become men, as my life changed and theirs stayed the same, to include their perfect hair. It's like saying goodbye to friends we've known for 15 years, suddenly gone. In fact, this final show was watched in the home I've lived in for 22 years, and 4 days after watching this final episode, I'm leaving this house to move on to a new one. Goodbye Dean and Sam. I'm sure I'm not going to be the only one to miss you.
218 out of 294 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fitting ending
rjjackson-1712021 November 2020
The ending to me seemed fitting. Don't get me wrong as a fan from day one of the show, I'd have preferred they'd carried on until I was old and decrepit..!!

Sam had always wanted a normal life, he got it (he'd have never got it if Dean lived, it was also what Dean wanted for him) and Dean could never have imagined a life without his family, without Sam, so while Dean took the long road in heaven, Sam got to live his 'normal' life without Dean suffering.

Those that feel Dean's ending sucked, Dean was a Hunter, he got a hunter's death, that would have most likely happened without all the interference from others. He got a decent last day on earth, pie, a dog, etc.. 😁 It's also fitting that the first person he met in Heaven was Bobby.

Only thing that could have worked better, is to show them meeting Mary and John at the end 😁
476 out of 698 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Wow! Sam and Dean forever!
Julierempel20 November 2020
That was a really well done ending of the supernatural story! It was incredibly heartbreaking (I definitely went through a lot of tissues!) Having then end together was on point! I am so happy with this finale episode! Love you Sam and Dean! #spnfamily
492 out of 737 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Final Ride.
dpyne-716593 February 2022
Perfect end in my opinion. Having both the brothers go out in ways that fitted them. Dean in battle, Sam as an old family man. It had me crying and laughing. What a legacy. 15 years. I will definitely go back and watch this series again from the beginning. 10/10.
158 out of 227 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't know why the bad reviews
tendoakane162 February 2021
Spoilers ahead! Finales tend to divide opinions I know but this was not the last episode of Lost by any means. They are loses, of course. It would feel cheap and lazy otherwise. I think it was very well written and in a bittersweet way, it was a happy ending. Beautifully done. Bravo and thanks for those 15 years.
397 out of 576 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The episode was amazing. I am proud of you boys. You did an amazing job.
briLovesDeanWinchester20 November 2020
Dean Winchester will be missed. It was a fitting ending for Dean as he died doing what he loved the most and since he was the narrator of their story it was fitting that it ended with him dying.
471 out of 697 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The end
carribeancanuck25 January 2021
It was slow moving, no cas, but otherwise great end to a great series
373 out of 552 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Ending
justinwwefan22 January 2021
It's a shame this show had to come to an end it was a wonderful show and I love how they ended it carry on
345 out of 519 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thanks for the ride
lotheaudrey13 March 2021
This episode is wonderful, Jared and Jensen gave their all. The show ended like it started, with 2 brothers, hunting things, saving people. The emotion they gave was amazing, I have not cried in front of a tv show since so long and I could not stop here.
337 out of 510 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An End to a Beautiful Show
sofierauh20 November 2020
I loved this show. Yes, the ending wasn't what I expected, but too bad. I loved this ending even more. It was closure. Castiel and Jack are working to fix Chuck's mess, Sam and Dean can finally relax in Heaven, and it's a happy ending.

I did hope they would have a Destiel scene of some sort. I don't mind. They had their reasons, whatever they may be.

Dean's ending could have been more realistic in the sense that they both have had horrible deaths before. I didn't like how Dean's life ended, but I'm happy how Sam's did. He finally had a family, like he had always wanted, and his son's name was Dean. I'm a little upset they didn't bring back Eileen, but I guess that was the point because no more monsters or resurrections. Death is finally final. Sam died of old age and came to Heaven and reunited with Dean.

This episode definitely had me in tears. I'm also very upset at the reviews people are giving. This is not a bad episode, it's just not what some people expected. People expected an extraordinary thing to happen. I did as well, but I am okay with this ending. It's closure, and we all need closure.
464 out of 708 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Beautiful ending.
ocallaghan0021 April 2022
Im a huge supernatural fan i have probs from the show loads of autographs. I loved the ending it was beautiful and sad. Wont be ashamed i cried watching this one. It was sad but also its the last episode ever. They finished of strong with a beautiful ending. Well done lads well done.

Supernatural family always.
129 out of 189 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show but sad ending.
bshopezilla-3668014 February 2022
I love this show. Probably one of the best series I've ever seen. It was a very sad episode though and I cried during this episode. The song was also perfect for the last episode.
142 out of 211 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cried a river
criste-montero20 November 2020
1st of all i know this episode was not 10 on 10 though i gave it 10 ... the 1st part itself deserved -1 .. including that stupid nail that killed dean who defeated God wtf ... but anyhow the scene btwn dean and sam the EMOTIONS killed me guys come on ,dont over do the hate .. how dean went to the heaven and sam stayed made a family and grew old ( despite the stupid makeup) still the ride and carry on song hit the needed emotion within me . This is what i needed from the finale to be hurt to be sad to never forget the emotions ... we cant have open ending when both are good and keep hunting would be forgettable .. also both are dying would be terrible .... but the idea of dean dying and sam joining him later on was poetic though was badly excuted

.but still thank u boys for all these years .. love you and will never forget you
448 out of 690 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I LOVED this ending!! Like, crazy loved it.
ljbimoore-8491626 June 2021
SPOILERS!!

I have finally finished SPN. I simply do not understand why so many people didn't like this ending!

I think this ending gave our boys everything I could have asked for. In the previous episode, 19, they refused to give up and lay down, and as a result, they defeated a tyrannical God and literally saved the entire world, finally gaining their own freedom in the process.

Then they got to live a relatively ordinary life, while still hunting, during that montage in the bunker. I love that at last we got a peek into the regular, domestic life of the boys, cooking, doing laundry, cleaning weapons. Fantastic.

And there's absolutely no saying how long they got to live that life. We only saw the last day of it, but It could have been a week or it could have been five years. The writers left it open for interpretation, which I love.

Then Dean got to go down swinging and saving people, which is what he always wanted. The boys got to say a final, earthly good bye, having the time to share cherished words of love and encouragement.

Sam got to live a life; even if he had to live it with some heart ache. (An actual big part of ordinary life, really.) But he got to get married, (I choose to believe that was Eileen in the blurry background, but you can interpret it to be whomever you choose.) He got to have a son and be a Dad, present and loving in his son's life. And the Winchester name will live on.

And finally the boys get to spend eternity together in the heaven they deserve, where they can be with all the other people they love and miss, including Cas, I might add. Since Bobby says that Cas helped Jack make a new, better heaven that means that Cas is likely free from the empty. Maybe even living in some part of heaven and able to come and spend time with the boys.

They're in a place that can give them every happiness they were ever denied on earth, every comfort, or provide them with any challenge they could want, literally whatever their hearts desire.

I just don't see how that ending could have been better.

I LOVED this completely. It was definitely everything I wanted in a series finale.
341 out of 515 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Ending!
neilsenbell-0050328 May 2021
I don't get the bad reviews at all. What exactly did you expect? I completely enjoyed the finale and I've been a fan since day one. Thanks for all those great years.
319 out of 497 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A series finale more disappointing than 2020 itself
aj-2162221 November 2020
I had low expectations to begin with but the writers didn't even come close to meeting them, very disappointing and unsatisfying finale, I'm pass anger at this point, I'm just so sad and disappointed, the characters, the fans, the cast deserved better than this from the writers, a little more effort, some of the writers blamed it on the pandemic and I blame a lot on that but not this disaster of a series finale, this is their fault, they've ruined the show, this episode felt like the ending of a Supernatural parody and not the series finale, congratulations to Andrew Dabb for writing an ending worst than Dexter, HIMYM, GOT endings combined.
156 out of 234 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You should be proud. What a strong ending.
raingirl199723 January 2021
The ones that understood what the show was really about loved the ending. Don't pay attention to the low episode rating-too many liberals decided to talk trash. Destiel shippers, brainwashed people and ones believing in soapy happy endings gave this masterpiece 1/10.
331 out of 507 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Almost perfect!
curlybean20 November 2020
There was never going to be an ending that made everyone happy, but it was almost the perfect ending for me.

I always said that I would be okay if the brothers either died or lived together. The last thing I wanted was for one to die and for the other one to have to carry on alone. Of course, that's exactly what happened.

And as much as I hated watching Dean die (he's my favorite), I handled that a lot better than I would've handled Sam dying and Dean having to go on without his little brother. Although I know Sam would've rather his brother be alive, he finally got the "normal" life he always wanted. A wife... a kid.... even a dog. And then Dean got what he wanted when Sam joined him in Heaven.

It hurts to say goodbye to such a beloved show, but it was made easier by seeing the heart and soul that was poured into this episode by Jensen and Jared and everyone else involved. It wasn't a perfect ending, but it was definitely a gift.
411 out of 609 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still can't believe it
kmphil-5106422 November 2020
The finale undid 15 years of the Found Family theme. In the end, family DOES end in blood. Found family actually means nothing.

In the end all Dean loved was Sam, his car, and pie. 15 years of character development undone. He's the exact same person he was in the pilot.

So what was it all for then?

I cannot believe how epically this finale failed.
154 out of 222 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I thought I watching a SPN parody
iluvmyboca21 November 2020
I am so happy I spent 6 years of my life devoted to this show for that truly satisfying ending. Thank you.
146 out of 212 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Ending No One Can Objectively Like
emberlynn-525994 February 2021
This is bad writing. Yes, it's that simple. Nothing makes sense and character development is ignored. Several rules of good writing:

1) Random no-name characters *do not* kill the protagonists.

2) If one protagonist confessed his love for another, it *must* be addressed.

3) Behavior has to be *consistent*.

4) You *do not* give the protagonist a family no one knows or cares about in the very last episode.

This mockery of a finale broke all of these rules. Just a few simple questions: is it possible that Dean and Sam wouldn't ask Jack to bring back Castiel and their other loved ones? Now that he's God and after this was done many times before? Then, would Castiel not come seek Dean out like he always does once he was resurrected? Would Castiel and Jack ignore the fact that Dean is dying, dying, dead? Would Sam not try to talk to Jack after Dean's death? Would Sam not be concerned about Eileen?

The answers to these questions are obvious. So yes, this was objectively a stupid and senseless ending. In fact, it's so hilariously bad that dismissing it is a piece of cake. It's especially funny since this is basically Chuck's ending, and the writers themselves called it terrible.

Clearly, after E19, Dean was caught by some monster who threw him into some terrible nightmare. After the credits of E20 rolled, I assume Sam or Cas or Jack saved him, and they all went on with their lives, happy, free, and strong, like they were always destined to.
154 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Why
meangorilla0722 November 2020
I have never been so devastated by a series finale... The ONLY good thing about it is that Sam and Dean are in heaven together. But the way there was just... so bad. Even without the whole issue of DeanCas just being forgotten(abandoned?)... Why is Eileen just gone??? Who is no-face wife?? Why would Sam even want kids? Why did Dean just give up?? Why did Sam let Dean give up? What happened to Jody, Charlie, Donna, Claire, Bobby, etc? Why did you even waste time bringing Lucille back??? (I love Mark P and I know that's 15x19 but still...) Why did Dean seem to actually kill himself?? He saw that bar in the wall... he tackled that giant guy hoping to be backed into it.. come on now.. Dean didn't want to hunt.. he wanted the apple pie life. The beach!!! The whole point of this was supposed to be free will! And why would he want his Dad in heaven with him?? And where are all of their friends/family?!?! I know.. covid... but come on!! Get creative for the sake of a 15 year epic ending!!

And now about Cas/Misha... What the hell??? You just leave him out entirely?? Even if it wasn't Destiel endgame - Cas is FAMILY!! You can't just pretend like Dean and Sam (or Jack!!) wouldn't fight to get him back. You did Misha so dirty and I will never forgive you for that.

Extremely disappointed and now I feel like this show is unwatchable, which is so depressing. It's like GOT... the ending makes you ask "what's the point..?"
149 out of 227 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cas went to the Empty so he didn't have to watch this
mileyin22 November 2020
I can't believe I had to watch this with my own two eyes. If i could give negative starts I would.
148 out of 223 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you haven't watched it yet, just don't
karynbee23 November 2020
Add this to the list of tv finales that ruin a show's legacy. Just like I wish I'd never seen the end of Dexter or Game of Thrones - I can't enjoy rewatching this show now that I know how little the writers cared about or understood the story they were telling. Or they did understand and gave us this out of.. malice? If you want to be able to remember this show fondly, skip the finale and imagine your own ending.
164 out of 243 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just one thought came to mind....
dianavalentin22 November 2020
Wow! Dexter, Lost and Game of Thrones don't have the worse series ending in all of television after all!
154 out of 231 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.