Ghost Town (I) (2008)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 38 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some strong language, sexual humor and drug references|
Sex & Nudity
- A nude man is shown from the waist up three times with bare chest, arms and shoulders.
- A young woman wears a scoop-necked shirt that reveals cleavage in two scenes.
- A man looks at a mummy's penis that's in a mummification jar (we do not see anything) and says to a female archeologist, "I know why they called him the King," and she replies, "Yes, it's huge."
- A woman tells a dentist about an alcoholic drink called a "screaming orgasm" and says her husband grabbed a bartender once and told him only he (the husband) was going to give her one.
- Throughout the film a man talks about his girlfriend and his wife.
- Two men talk about using prostitutes and pornography.
- A woman accuses a man of going with her husband to bars, strip clubs, and other places to pick up women.
- A woman says that her son asked, "I know that babies are inside a mommy's tummy, but my question is, 'How do they get there?'"
- A man says his girlfriend is "hot."
- A woman introduces her fiancé as someone who "worked with homeless prostitutes" and goes on to explain that he is a human rights lawyer.
- A woman remarks, "Ten hours of labor is too long."
- A man and woman kiss very briefly.
Violence & Gore
- An air conditioner falls from a window and smashes onto the sidewalk, a man steps into the street to avoid it, a bus speeds by and the man disappears as his coat floats in the air.
- A man lies dead in the street, a group of people stand around him and one woman cries, another man rushes forward and performs CPR while the man's ghost and several other ghosts watch; one of the ghosts vanishes in a ball of light.
- A man walks through another man, indicating that the latter is a ghost; this same thing happens to another man who sees himself lying on the street while another man is performing CPR but we see later that he was revived.
- A man in bed wakes to find the room full of ghosts asking for help, and he continues throughout the film to see and speak to ghosts (several ghosts vanish).
- A man walks down a street and is frightened when he is addressed by people nobody else can see; a larger and larger crowd of people runs after him.
- A man meets a woman's fiancé and tells a friend, "I want to run him over with his electric car, but she loves him."
- A man sits alone at night on a park bench and says, "You live alone, you die alone, and apparently you stay alone."
- A man and a young woman argue briefly about whether or not he can see ghosts.
- A man talks about another man's nightmare (being lost in the woods at age 8 and unable to find the way home).
- A man confronts his surgeon and demands to know if anything unusual happened during a procedure, and two hospital staff members tell him he died for about 7 minutes.
- We see a mummy, which is discolored, shriveled and missing teeth, and a woman lectures an audience about mummification, stating that the Egyptians sucked the brain out the nose and removed internal organs to jars through a slit made in the side, and she leans over and takes a deep breath, saying that it is the pine resin she likes.
- A man remarks about evidence of jaw decay and infection in a mummy, and we see a jar holding a mummified penis (the man looks and gasps, but we do not see anything).
- A man sits beside a dog and gags five times at its bad breath; he and a friend walk the dog and he gags as the friend gathers dog excrement into a plastic bag (we see only a full bag); we later see the friend brushing the dogs' teeth.
- A man pours a glassful of a liquid laxative that comes out in clumps, drinks one glass, gags several times, and he flatulates as he runs to the bathroom and shuts the door; when asked if the laxative worked, he says, "Wait 'til you get back there."
- Several extreme close ups of dental instruments appear in the opening of the film, including a large syringe, a set of pliers, picks and mirrors, and we see close-ups of someone grinding dentures
- About 3 F-words and one not fully enunciated, 4 scatological references, 17 anatomical references, 12 mild obscenities, 3 religious profanities, 10 religious exclamations.
- Name-calling (idiot, fool, devil, Mr. Wrong, pervert, brain-in-a-jar Narcissist, nasty piece of work, jerk, Mother Theresa, smock-wearing tooth jockey, Bonker-man and uneducated pervert.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A dentist asks an associate to prescribe narcotics for him so he can sleep, including Percocet, Vicodin, and Morphine (the associate refuses.)
- A dentist rolls 3 canisters of nitrous oxide over to a patient, places a mask over the patient's nose and the scene ends.
- People drink red wine.
- We see two glasses of champaign.
- In a bar a man orders a martini.
- Three nurses smoke outside a hospital entrance.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some sadness involving ghosts telling their stories, but nothing too sad.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- 2 minor jumpscares with 2 separate characters both getting hit by a bus