The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 58 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sequences of strong sexual content, graphic nudity, drug use and language throughout, and for some violence|
Sex & Nudity
- During a celebration on a yacht, two women are seen holding a flag, which they drop, revealing full frontal nudity, although no genitalia is seen. The camera pans over a naked woman's backside while dancing, giving a close up view of her buttcheeks, which are spread slightly. Several other women come out fully nude and two of them start kissing each other.
- Female buttocks are shown in a strip club. Very brief, not the main focus.
- A marching band is seen wearing only their underwear. Then several strippers charge out of a back room wearing lingerie. We see several breasts with nipples covered by tassels. Some are wearing only thongs. Men can be seen fighting over who gets to have sex with whom.
- A main character is married to his first cousin and they have two children.
- Lot of intercourse scenes
- Lots of sex, sexual talk about hookers, strippers, sex positions, threesomes, blowjobs etc. Sex is one of the main factors of the film. Partial frontal (topless) and back female nudity seen several times. Male nudity also. The sex is very over the top and is shown and talked about very graphically.
- A man under the influence of drugs masturbates while looking at a woman in the middle of a crowded party. His penis is clearly visible for several seconds.
- An orgy takes place on a jet -- bare breasts and buttocks are shown fleetingly. Several people are also shown having sex, thrusting and cunilingus is visible.
- A homosexual orgy is shown with many completely naked men having sex in various positions; penises, buttocks, and thrusting are all visible.
- A man is shown lying nude on his stomach while a woman straddles his buttocks and places a burning candle in what appears to be his anus.
- A woman wears a short dress and spreads her legs while sitting on the floor to tease a man, also putting her hands there to masturbate, while two other men watch from a CCTV camera (no nudity is shown).
- In one scene, a man sees an attractive woman and says he would have sex with her even if she were his sister, another man mentions how we would let her give him AIDS.
- A man has sex with a woman in a bathroom. He thrusts into her from behind. She is bottomless (side view of her leg and butt).
- A woman enters a bedroom completely naked, although no genitalia is visable due to camera angle and focus. There is lots of fooling around underneath covers with her lover.
- A man gets a blowjob from a woman in a glass elevator. Several people down below can see it happening and applaud him.
- A three way happens in an office. One man thrusts into a woman from behind and the other man receives oral sex from her. We hear loud moaning during this scene.
- A married couple has sex on a bed fully clothed. We see the side of the man's buttocks and we see him thrust into the woman. She tells him to stop. Later she tells him to finish and to climax hard.
- During a monologue a woman is giving a man a blowjob in a car while he is driving.
- Three prostitutes come to a brokerage firm and they are all described sexually and how much they cost. A few pictures are taken and they are all topless. There is one scene where several bottomless men line up to have sex with a hooker, one man is shown thrusting into her.
- A woman is introduced wearing only a bra and a thong. At one point she's laying on a bed with her back-side facing the camera and her thong-clad butt is clearly visible.
- A man snorts cocaine off a woman's breasts. In another scene he appears to blow cocaine into a woman's anus.
- This is a three hour movie, so all of the sexual content is spread out over time. Still it is extremely graphic.
- A women enters a room fully nude wearing stockings (we see her full frontal nudity). The scene then cuts to a man thrusting into her and eventually climaxing. They both lie on a bed fully nude (we see bare breasts and the man's torso). He then climbs on top of her and they start to make out and have sex a second time. Her bare breasts and his torso are visible throughout this whole scene.
- A man refers to a Woman as mommy (in a sexual way of course).
- Keep in mind, although some of these scenes are graphic, it is all extremely spread out and most of these scenes are brief with the exception of 5-6 scenes.
- Prostitutes are mentioned and shown throughout.
Violence & Gore
- A man commits suicide. He is briefly shown in a still shot. The bathtub is full of bloody water, but he is not shown cutting his wrist.
- A husband and his wife argue bitterly, she hits him in the face and he hits her back. Later, she tries to hit him again, and he then punches her in the stomach, leaving her lying on the floor.
- A man drives in reverse slamming into a brick pillar, he receives a bloody cut on his forehead.
- A man punches another man in the face three times and blood spurts from his nose onto people's faces. A man vomits after seeing this
- Two men hold another man over a balcony and threaten to drop him.
- Some men are seen fighting in the background at an office.
- Excessive profanity is common in almost every line of the film. It has a lot of VERY EXPLICIT language, with non-stop swearing.
- This film contains the most uses of the word "fuck" out of any major Hollywood film in history, as well as being the most profane major Hollywood movie of all time, with the word being said a total of 569 times, which translates to at least 4 uses of "fuck" per minute. It is regularly used as a part of normal conversations, a lot of it is said in explicit fashion.
- Jokes about sex, pedophilia, homosexuality, and suicide.
- Virtually every single character in the movie regularly uses harsh language.
- There are a lot of scenes that are peppered with profanity.
- Many other obscenities throughout including: "shit", "dick", "prick", "bitch", "cocksucker", "cock", "pussy", "tits", "faggot", "asshole", "asshole", "cunt", "whore", "retard", "bastard", and "twat".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- While a character is using quaaludes he is listing the certain types of phases that he goes through. ABC
- A man snorts from a big pile of cocaine that was hidden in his couch.
- Lots of people are shown doing cocaine at a pool party
- Infrequent smoking.
- A man is shown blowing cocaine many times.
- Constant drug use throughout the entire movie, cocaine, crack, weed, and quaaludes are all used.
- Lots of drug references and drug use
- Several main characters are highly dependent on cocaine and quaaludes, and are often shown using them.
- A man gives a lengthy monologue about how many drugs he takes with flourishes of his arms and big smiles, typical of coke users.
- A man is seen snorting cocaine off of a woman's bra.
- Two men smoke freebase crack and behave ebulliently.
- Characters are shown drinking in a number of scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The main character and his wife both resort to domestic violence near the end of the film, which is intense.
- The movie, for the most part, is a dark comedy; as it deals with topics involving criminal activities on the stock market (hence the eponymous title) and associated sex over indulgence and drug addiction.
- The scene where the yacht crashes is very intense.
- The scene where Jonah Hill almost chokes to death is pretty intense.
- The scene where the guys hold the butler over the balcony may be frightening to some users
- All of the party scenes involve extremely reckless and dangerous behavior and is portrayed in a negative light.
- We see a plane explode right in front of Jordan looking through the window of a ship. He adresses three people died inside and the scene is pretty dark.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Two men take a large amount of expired "Lemmon" quaaludes and react badly; with one man losing control of his limbs; he then drives in this state, causing a great deal of damage to his car, whilst the other man nearly chokes to death on food.