Naruto: Shippûden (TV Series 2007–2017) Poster

(2007–2017)

One of the best animes you can find
hunoldinho16 October 2013
This anime has everything.

Plot:

The story is absolutely beautiful. You have epic fights combined with deep emotions and unpredictable story changes that will blow your mind. The only critique I could find about the story is that in the anime some parts are described in very simple pictures, f.e. after a character pulled a very cunning move within combat, in order to let the younger audience understand what has happened. But then again I wouldn't want them to miss out on this anime just because they feel it is too complex, so I guess one can overlook this. (It doesn't happen too often to be really bothering anyways.)

Everything that happens also fits really well into the universe of Naruto, meaning that within this world's reality everything that happens makes sense.

It is also amazing to see the different characters evolve and grow both in maturity as well as in strength. I have even caught myself cheering like a total nerd when a character has learned a new move or went over his own boundaries. However, I feel that the side characters are being neglected in terms of development, since they really can't compete with the main character's strength at all after a certain point.

Character design:

Marvellous. There are dozens of different characters and everyone is unique. Even the side characters have distinguishable features, and the main characters show a character depth that many Hollywood movies could learn from nowadays.

Let's take the villain Orochimaru for example. He is easily the most well-designed antagonist I have seen in any motion picture, even in all the books I read I can't find a character like him. Pure evil. Cunning, bizarre and frightening. On top of his unpredictable actions and twisted motives, the music appearing together with him just rounds up the presentation of this character, and to me, makes it unforgettable.

Music:

It's pretty simple: The music in Naruto is incredible. When I showed some of the tracks to a friend who doesn't watch it, even she was amazed. If you don't believe me go to youtube and check some of them out, but be careful, it might lead to you watching the whole series if you haven't already!

Animation:

They did an amazing job animating Naruto. It's really beautiful to see how everything comes to life after reading the manga in black and white, and the animation of Naruto can compete with most recent animated movies. Many scenes are animated so well that you just want to watch them over and over again, especially some of the fights where the graphics and "camera angles" really come to shine.

All together, I would give it a 10/10 currently, as the overall experience with this show has simply blown me away and I can't really find anything really bad to say about it.
189 out of 207 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Best Anime for the Mind
akalankapagoda10 September 2014
Well the story starts with typical story start lines introducing us to the Naruto universe telling us the story of a boy. Whoa but when it goes on it completely turns into a thrilling nail-biting, heart-touching, mind-teasing epic series taking us deep into humanity through the imaginative Naruto universe questioning our view on the world and people.

This was one of the most influential stories I have ever witnessed. I wanted more, so I looked for best anime around to see if I can find something even better. What I found was, most of the other anime are bound around power, adrenaline rush, love and sacrifice, .etc . But in Naruto, apart from the all the things that I mentioned above it mainly focuses on what humanity is, where can it go wrong and what it might take to fix it.

That being said, don't misunderstand, the battles are epic. When I mean epic, I mean EPIC!!! For me the best part is, no matter how powerful opponents are, the one with the sharp mind comes on top with mind-blowing strategies. For nerds who watch Anime like me, this is the best part.

And oh! to see the maturity of the characters in the series from the childhood of being total knuckleheads to genuinely matured full fledged Shinobi(Ninja) is surely an amazing journey to take. One which must not be missed by the genuine minds around the globe.
105 out of 118 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Best Anime Show; Best Music; and Best characters
achyutha03719 April 2012
Before Naruto, i was a die-hard fan of Dragon Ball series. I thought no anime would be as great as it is. There are Many people who still consider it to be superior of all anime shows. But In front of Naruto Shippuden, nothing is better.

Naruto was good, but it aimed for children and +. But the sequel Shippuden, has aimed for Universal Audience. Naruto has grown more mature, and he is not always running behind Sakura. In this series you'll get to know more about the characters past, especially Naruto. The Antagonists are more deadly and powerful.

The series has some HEART WRENCHING MOMENTS in it. I had to see them at least 100 times per day. In certain scenes, i almost cried.

Major Plus point is the Background Music. It is OUTSTANDING. No anime had/had this type of Music.

I admit that certain Filler episodes are just boring, but they always carry certain TYPE of message with them.

This anime is the GOD of all anime's and NO other anime will ever defeat it.... No.1 anime.

I give it a solid 10/10...
217 out of 250 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An incredibly diverse and gripping story with unparalleled character development
bumblesquirt27 April 2013
Had to add a review since some of them I read were quite frankly ridiculous.

The story continues were it left off and takes no time at all in getting right into it. It then goes on to get better and better and better. Character growth, development and change is incomparable to any other manga/story/book you will ever read, with some serious plot twists while constantly offering reasoning and back story completely justifying them all.

Reviews down rating due to fillers is ridiculous, obviously the studio and channels need to make money and fill air time, and obviously 1 manga is not as long as 1 anime, common sense should then counter any grudge held due to fillers.

Other reviews stating it's gone on for too long or stories/characters are being recycled - I wont go into too much explanation on flawing this review, it's so far off the mark all I need say is this individual has clearly not understood the intricate's of the characters and the history.

In summary it's my opinion that Naruto is one of the most epic and dynamic stories to exist to this date. It is not anything like DBZ or similar 'OP Powaz anime'. Though it does have a large emphasis on fighting, Naruto is primarily about characters and story. It is a must watch AND a must read to everyone with above average intelligence. Others will enjoy it immensely too, but without a doubt the more intelligent you are the more you will enjoy it.
86 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pure gold!
renoz881 November 2019
I'm sitting here hollow and sad that there is no more episodes! To be honest, I cried at the END! Without the best anime overall! It had everything! (And I've seen a few!)

Wish I could forget everything I SEE the show again for the first time!
26 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Genuinely AMAZINGGG!!!!
grip31-747-46021424 July 2013
I had to make an account just to write a review about this show. I feel an 8.1 is an outrage because Naruto is just something so special.

I use the term genuinely amazing to describe it because it honestly manages to amaze me at every turn, not just because of the crazy things that happen or the fighting or the the deeply complex story, but because of a subtle touch in all those things. Every time i get comfortable with what's going on it just puts me on another ride i didn't even imagine, even the portions of the story where i can predict something it somehow manages to surprise me still. The "number one at surprising people" motto is a perfect way to describe Naruto as a character but more importantly as a show.

So many amazing characters with such interesting back stories, every fight is so well thought out you don't know how the next one will top it, music is beautiful and spot onn, but i think the best part of it is the story. It incorporates such dark themes, discrimination in a world where everyone actually isn't equal, and how the characters deal with each other with so many different powers and abilities, is almost overwhelming.

I could go on and on but i'm gonna stop now and just say SKIP THE FILLERS. It's really not that hard, just google it and skip those episodes. They are probably the sole reason the ratings aren't as high as they should be, and they just totally dilute the amazingness of the real story.
72 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
3 years passed since the original series, Naruto now is more mature and has learned new techniques
Felfo10 May 2007
"Naruto: Shippûden" keeps up with the original series. With a bigger budget now, the drawings and effects are improved, music once again is excellent, so the quality of the overall product is impeccable. As for the story itself: Naruto comes back from his training with Jiraiya (one of the legendary ninjas) and has grown, so he is more mature after those 3 years. Now we get to see the old characters again, so finally all that time expecting with the "filler saga" has come to and end, this is the original Naruto, the hero's come-back. Sasuke Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake, Sakura Haruno, Tsunade etc., are all back. All the things we liked from the original series are here and we will get to know what happens with all the story arcs we love, Specially what happens with Sasuke.
142 out of 170 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing Sequel
vks_vishwa19 November 2013
Its a great and amazing story to be seen. An outstanding feeling to view the characters, their lives, emotions, decisions, etc. The whole story as suggested, revolves around the main character Naruto. Shippuden means hurricane, that symbolizes the strength Naruto gains over the years of training. He is supported various friends, teachers and other characters who are even strangers to him. Being an underdog in the early years, desperate to be recognized, works harder than anyone. Due to certain internal powers, he creates magic every time, he is tested. By deeds, he shows the others the way to be chosen i.e., not by tradition, etc. but by your heart. Even the psychology behind the friends' behavior, enemy behaviors are explained in such a simple and emotional manner that you also believe that these things are bound to happen even with you in the given situation. With action packed animations, stories & bonding, the series distinguishes itself with others.
42 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I just can't believe there is a anime as interesting and amazing as this...
deepakputhraya2 July 2011
This is one of the best anime I have seen so far. The plot is brilliant like the previous one. The animation is much better than the previous one and the dialogues are simply amazing. The battle scenes and the way Naruto and the rest come up with tactics are marvellous. The new characters are 'awesome'(can't think of a better word). There are loads of emotional moments in this series, some that make you laugh, some that make you angry and some that make you cry.

I'll warn you, you'll get angry on some of the characters so much that you'll bite your nails till it starts bleeding and you wont realise it(or you might)! The thing that bothers me the most(which will bother you too) is there is only one new episode that releases every week and I just can't wait for the next episode! I am up-to date with both the manga and the episodes, and it seems like a million years from now that they'll finish the episodes(at this rate). I wish I could get a time machine!(you'll wish too!(very soon))

Just watch it if you have watched Naruto because you will miss the best and exiting parts of this anime.

There are loads of surprises and loads of excitement waiting for you.

On the whole I'd say Naruto: 8.5/10 Naruto Shippuden: 9.5/10
111 out of 135 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Starts of alright..but afterwards it becomes amazing...this anime is a must see !!!
the_rocker-123 July 2010
I wrote this review because there was no updated review on IMDb.

The first of Naruo Shippuden three seasons were alright they weren't bad but also they weren't that good They dragged the story too much the pacing was slow and by slow I mean really slow ,the battle scenes took several episodes where they can be done with one or two and that almost killed the show ,it's too bad because the story and the characters and very interesting.

But after season 3 the anime improve in every aspect the no more slow paced story, spaced battles everything gets better animation, action scenes, sound track and especially the story , I mean it's like it's a totally different anime from what it's started(in a good way of curse) and up till now it keeps getting better and better.

Story: The story have humor, action ,tragedy , romance and twists in it and the anime present it so well it makes it worth your while to bear with the first three seasons and some fillers here and there(which are not that bad).

In case of characters: most of characters are well designed and easy to relate to ,even some of the Villains ,every characters is unique in his/her own way and have depth.

The animations are good...not the best out there but pretty decent for a TV series.

Sound track is amazing and fits well in the scenes especially the fighting scenes.

So eventually if you are a Naruto fan, you can't miss this anime, it started not that good but it became one of the best anime I've watched. I gave it 9/10 despite the disappointing slow paced first three seasons (~70 episodes)because afterward it gets so good that it covers it up the mess in the first 3 seasons.
70 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Possibly the best thing i've ever seen
milzyis1 March 2015
this includes breaking bad, the wire, dexter, American horror story, band of brothers, even shindler's list ... yes i said it. (simply because they don't stop developing characters, so you become so involved with their back stories and their links and conflicts with other characters that you fall in love with every one of them. on top of that the narrative is compelling and simply fantastic.

towards the end i hate to admit it but i actually cried, and not out of sadness. out of happiness, and i can honestly say that I've never had that reaction to anything I've ever seen before.

the filler episodes tend to drag a fair bit, but as you become addicted to the story you'll take anything you can get, but if you don't have a lot of time on your hands its no problem to skip them,
21 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lots of Motivation and emotional Scenes! (No Spoilers)
Sibi_518124 April 2017
It's a mistake that i didn't watch this anime when i was child.... Such a beautiful anime with various characters, all characters were shown importance instead of protagonist alone! Each and every scene was perfect according to the Manga! Some fillers were great to watch too! You guys must watch if you haven't! It'll change your way of thinking towards our humanity with those motivations given on this anime. Cheers! :)
13 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best ever Anime Series in the world
narekshukian26 October 2016
Masashi Kishimoto - the man who made a whole new world. I am watching Naruto almost 14 years and i can proudly say that it is in top 3 of movies that had the huge impact on me. A lot of people all over the world started following that 12 years old boy until now when the last episodes are going on. I want to write this as i had 14 years of waiting 1 week to get the new episode. At the time when i was a child i got some DVD discs from local shops (There were no mach of them in Armenia at that time) and i watched every episode more then 4-5 times. I even wrote down lyrics of openings and endings and then translated them for myself.

AT THE END - ADVICE FOR ALL PARENTS - JUST GIVE YOUR CHILDREN THIS ANIME.. IT WILL EDUCATE THEM BETTER THEN ANY OTHER FILM.
24 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Its awesome and no should miss it
abdallahasif21 March 2013
This is the best anime iv'e ever seen and i highly doubt i will ever stop watching it. i will continue to watch as long as it airs. I do not know why it has a lower rating then one piece. it is definitely better than one piece. i am also a fan of one piece and i agree it is good and i am updated on its episodes but Naruto is definitely better than one piece or even bleach which I've watched. I know that there are quite some fillers but bleach has way too much fillers and a lot of them aren't even good. Many people think that it is a kids cartoon at a first glance but once you watch from the beginning . you are definitely going to get hooked.
38 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
addictive
anabartos-415-13841517 January 2015
Very good and long anime, but there are some blunders, as always.

I totally loved it! One of my favorite anime's, definitely. It is very emotional, tragic, dynamic, exciting, fun, you name it! You fall in love with a lot of the characters and gradually find out their dramatic life background which makes you even more attached to them and then you see how they mature and (most of them) heal.

BUUUUT, the ending (MANGA) was so....mneah...bleah, really??!??! Totally disappointing :(

Everything was so good up to the very end...... then it collapsed all of a sudden (and i am part of a great majority that thinks that way). It was a very childish stupid and hurried ending, while we were all expecting an amazing awesome super ending, at least at the same level we were kept until then :(

Even so, even so, it's totally worth watching! :) totally!
17 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
" When a man learns to love, he must bear the risk of hatred "
badassarcher17 October 2019
In my opinion, the quote above ( said by a character in the anime ) represents what the main theme of Naruto is about, the duality of man, the blurred lines between love and hatred, good and evil ...

Naruto is the telling of a human story in a well crafted ninja universe , where every character is complex, has motives and goals and is shaped by them. The reason why I like Naruto is because it's emotionnally impactful, unlike most Shonen anime where epic battles and overpowered enemies are the main concern , this anime is so beautiful , sad , heartbreaking at times , funny , happy , in other words , expect to feel a bunch of emotions when watching this masterpiece .

Without spoiling anything , I think Naruto is the only anime where I understand the villains , they're not just some one dimensional character who wants to wreak havoc because why not, the villains here are deeply flawed characters who are products of a dysfunctional world and who want to do good in their own weird yet understandable way , which makes you wonder if they're evil at all or just doing what they're determined to do .

This anime contains so many powerful quotes , philosophical themes , and life lessons for everyone whether you're a 10 or 40 y.o, it's going to impact you no matter your beliefs, background and ideologies .

The music is a crucial element in modern storytelling , and this anime is a perfect example on how to elevate a story through music , be it a sad scene , a fight scene , I always find myself enjoying the music .

Naruto will always have a special place in my heart because I started watching it as a kid and finished it when I became an adult , so it has accompanied me during my own journey through life and its hardships .

Anyway I can't recommend this anime enough , it's a masterpiece , a human achievement that I will definitely pass on to the next generation because it's timeless .
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
tom_f_carroll8 April 2015
This is by far my favorite show of all time. It's a a huge commitment you have to make by watching it, but in my opinion it's well worth it! It's well thought out and has no convenient plot writing like a lot of shows, it actually has lots of emotional depth despite being an animation. I have found myself crying a lot while watching it. I also love how it emphasizes the stories of other characters aside from the main protagonist. The Antagonists are also well developed and thought out. Kishimoto goes through lengths to make us sympathize with them a lot because they believe their methods are truly right. Naruto himself is a very inspiring character and role model for anyone in my honest opinion. 10/10.
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant storytelling making full use of the medium
WatchesHumans22 February 2018
It would be a shame if you went through life not experiencing this story, especially if you've seen the original Naruto. This is the best storytelling I've ever witnessed. I can think of at least 5 characters, protagonists and antagonists, this series could have been named after. The plot and characters are masterfully interwoven, the rules of the universe are carefully and interestingly imagined, and the social context is the perfect backdrop for the telling of this most human of stories. Beneath the glossy exterior lies an unending series of heart-wrenching tragedies, conveyed by characters you can't help but care for. The plot justifies the hundreds of episodes it takes for the telling (though not nearly the full 500, more on that later). And the show is adequately punctuated with frequent stunning moments (some I can't imagine I will ever forget) such that this very long take never gets boring. Adding to that, the plot slowly, but surely, progresses to increasingly intense crescendos which further prevent monotony, where many other epic stories fail to do the same. And yet it doesn't feel contrived or forced, the story flows very organically and for the most you'll never want it stop watching. I can't recommend this show enough, it's probably the best I've ever seen.

As mentioned, there's one possible problem with the show, and that's with filler episodes. From what I've read online, the show frequently caught up to the manga such that they had to slow the show's production down by inserting a lot of filler episodes (something like 40+ percent in fact). Many of these episodes are phenomenal anyway, but many of them are filled with overly sentimental flashbacks and stories unrelated to the main plot and characters that you might or might not care about (and my recommendation is that you use the characters they concern to decide if you should watch them or not). There are easy-to-find online resources you can use to find out which episodes are filler (as opposed to canon, or those that were actually printed in the manga), as well as lists suggesting which filler episodes are worth watching. I haven't skipped very many, but there are a few I passed by.

If you have the time, do yourself a favor and watch this show, but start with the original Naruto for the best experience (and possibly skip all the filler there, which can be quite bad).
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A perfect 10 out of 10.A great series.
faekbrdipto14 September 2017
2007-2017,10 years 500 episodes but endless excitement.Also there is naruto (2002-2007) with 220 episodes.15 years of endless excitements.Although I'm just 17 years old,not been watching for 15 years but like me many people grew up watching this hyperactive knuckle head ninja,who taught us to separate right from wrong,to stand beside a friend even if he chooses the wrong or the darkest path,to surpass our mentors,to try our hardest or to die for our beloved birthland.The series motivated me the most and I think I can try my fullest all because of this orange headed shinobi.I can still remember the times when I used to give false spoilers to my friends and take a look at their faces and their excitements when they actually found out the truth and beat me up. OH!!!!!So many good memories.Although it has some really serious flaws like too many fillers,some undeveloped characters but I really really enjoyed the series and think that everybody should watch this series even if it takes some time.As it has finished airing so everyone can watch it without hesitation. Trust me when I say this,nobody should miss a great series like this.

5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best anime in my life
kubalov10 December 2019
I have recently watched anime "Naruto: Shippuden", it received rave reviews, my brother recommended it to me. I was rather sceptic about it, because it was my first anime in my life, but after few episodes I had to admit that "Naruto: Shippuden" is wonderful anime.

This anime was being filmed for 10 years. It tells a long story of a boy called Naruto who was born in a ninja world and his dream was to become a Hokage.During all anime we see how Naruto literally grows up before our eyes, from weak guy who was alone all his childhood to the greatest shinobi of all time. We see all his difficult path trough the violent ninja world.

The plot is very intriguing, and I think that storyline is very gripping and sometimes touching. The amount of episodes is certainly very big(over 710 episodes) but it even prolongs the pleasure from watching this anime, even the fillers were interesting to watch.

I find all the characters from "Naruto: Shippuden" very likeable, and so I was very curious to know about the storyline of every character whether it is a main character or a secondary one.

To sum up, "Naruto: Shippuden" is a very motivating and thought-provoking anime because the world in this anime is similar to our in many aspects. The idea of this anime is unique and I think it is the greatest anime of all time. If,like me, you like good-filmed and breath-taking animes, I would certainly recommend it for you.
11 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best anime I have ever seeb
ayhamwaseem17 March 2021
I recomend ever one to watch it . I realy like the chemistry between the charcters and the sound tracks were amazion
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Cannot be rated
debpramanik26 February 2021
Somethings can't be rated, Naruto is one of them, Thank you for everything.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Show Ever
markkalscheuer15 May 2015
I tear up when I think of the will of Naruto. Naruto Shippuden teaches you what relentless love, hope, and friendship can do for the people around you once you decide to try and care. Naruto is an orphan expected to wither away and essentially become a loser, but the fire inside of him never ceases. He overcomes all obstacles and makes new friends while defeating all the negativity with love.

Inspiring people and trying your hardest isn't something many people do, at least not around me. I wish as individuals, families, communities, states,and nations we would give life our all; Naruto has taught me to want to do that.

Best show I've ever seen.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The real art is Naruto
djalildjodjo30 November 2019
In fact the writer created in the story, it is an integrated story in terms of events with the addition of drama with a little comedy, even the episodes of the filler was fun for me not all but most, in this anime you can not hate any of the characters
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome
lionranger24 November 2019
This anime portrays hatred in a way even a kid can understand.Its all about finding a way even if it is impossible.Its an emotional rollercoaster.Youll love it for sure.Every human being should watch this.This anime is life changing.The characters are off the charts.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.