17 Again (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for language, some sexual material and teen partying|
Sex & Nudity
- References, both verbal and written, to erections and erectile dysfunction
- A man and a woman are shown in bed together, and it is implied that they have had sex (they are clothed, though).
- Teens have a party and a boy is nude, wearing a helmet on his head, and we see the side of one buttock, his back, chest and legs as he covers his crotch with a shield.
- There is a scene in a high school human sexuality class where safe sex, abstinence and birth control are discussed, and condoms are distributed to the class. The female teacher comments that asking high school seniors to abstain from sex is like asking a porcupine to poop out goat cheese. A teenage boy grabs all the condoms and notes that he will now have enough for the entire weekend with his girlfriend.
- Maggie tries to have sex with Mark, not knowing that he is her father trapped in a 17-year-old's body. She is dressed very provocatively, stroking the side of his face, and trying to get him to have sex. When he looks freaked out, she says "Oh, you want to play games? I can play games!" and starts roaring at him sexually, like a tiger. When he rejects her advances.
- The relationship between adult Scarlett and her husband Mark (when he is trapped in a 17-year-old's body) can be classified as borderline inappropriate in certain scenes, specifically with Mark, who sometimes forgets that he is in a teenager's body and that Scarlett isn't supposed to know it's him. They slow dance together, and there is some hugging and physical closeness (but no sex or anything like that).
Violence & Gore
- Two teenage boys get into a fight in class. There is a lot of punching, but no blood is visible.
- Several teen girls slap a teen boy in the face.
- A woman slaps a teen boy in the face for coming onto her, and a man slaps a teen boy in the face repeatedly.
- A man sees another man standing on a bridge as if he's going to jump, a bus speeds by, the man disappears, the other man runs to the same spot, sees swirling water below, and he falls in too (we see both men later, and they are not hurt).
- A teen boy is held by his feet off a roof, and his head is through a basketball hoop.
- We see a teen boy covered with tape, and taped to a toilet in the bathroom at school.
- A teen boy is bumped and shoved several times as he walks down a school hallway.
- A teen boy's pant leg catches fire (he runs through a party and into a bathroom to douse it; he's OK).
- A teen boy says that in Afghanistan an unfaithful woman "would be dragged through the streets with her hands cut off."
- A teen boy says that another teen boy shoved him into his own washing machine.
- The words "ass", "bastard", "bitch", "damn", "dick", "douche", "hell", "slut", "turd", and "weiner" are used.
- The profanity in this film is occasional, limited, and mostly mild.
- A woman calls a teenage boy a "little turd" after he accidentally hits her with a basketball.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man and a woman drink wine at a dinner.
- Teens at a party hold cups and glasses that are presumed to contain alcohol.
- A teen boy tells another teen boy that he suspects he has been drinking.
- Mark tries to crack open a beer at home while he's in a teenager's body. Ned takes it away from him and drinks it himself.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Suggested TV Rating: TV-PG DLS