Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for mild thematic material, some action/peril and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- At one point Isabelle kisses Hugo on the cheek.
- Woman in certain parts wear skimpy outfits.
- Gustav is seen in a bathtub with his dog, no nudity.
- Gustav has two short conversations with a fellow police officer about the man's pregnant wife, specifically, who the father of the unborn child is. In one of those conversations, Gustav asks the man if he's had "relations" with his wife in the last year. The answer is no, and Gustav concludes that the pregnancy is "suspicious."
Violence & Gore
- Police find a dead man by the Seine.
- Twice Hugo finds himself on a train track with a fast-approaching train bearing down on him. In one case the train derails, ripping through the crowded station as folks jump out of the way. It plunges out a window to the ground below.
- Hugo leads Gustav and his trusty canine, Maximilian, on two raucous, disruptive chases through the station, pursuits that often involve people being shoved out of the way. Gustav's leg brace accidentally gets hitched to a train, dragging him along the ground with one leg in the air until he bangs unceremoniously into stacked luggage on the platform.
- The old films contain mock violence, including warriors using spears to attack a huge, fire-breathing dragon prop. Several of the reels include pyrotechnics.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People are seen smoking and drinking. Claude is drunk in most of his scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A dog chases Hugo.
- A man dies in a building fire. (totally unseen, slightly disturbing)
- Hugo ventures out on to a dangerous building ledge, high above the ground, with a freezing cold wind blowing.
Violence & Gore
- A fiery explosion erupts through a door, and we soon learn that it killed Hugo's father.