The Young Victoria (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some mild sensuality, a scene of violence, and brief incidental language and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- The morning after their marriage, Victoria strokes his bare chest to wake Albert. She then lays on top, pinning him playfully. He then rolls her next to him as they kiss good morning. Sex is presumed during their first night of marriage.
- On the first day of married life, Albert kneels before her on the edge of their bed, rolling on her stocking. When Victoria tells him she might only take 3 days off before going back to her duties, he quickly peels off that stocking, telling her "if we've only got 3 days ...," as they head back to bed.
- Soon after marriage, as Victoria lays in bed, Albert enters their bedroom, playfully runs across the bedroom, removing his robe and slips under covers to join her. He embraces and kisses her passionately. No nudity.
- In their bedroom, after Victoria has told him of her pregnancy, he walks up, kneels in front, kisses her belly and embraces her as he kneels.
- Women wear dresses that reveals cleavage in many scenes
- Nudity in statues, background and very mild.
Violence & Gore
- A man fires a gun at a woman and misses, he fires again and a man jumps in front of the woman and is shot in the arm; he is carried through a room and blood is seen on his sleeve (we later see him resting in bed and his arm is seen in a sling for a few scenes)
- A rock is thrown through a window, it shatters and people in the room panic and run
- A man grabs a young woman, throws her onto a couch and yells at her, she gets up, he grabs her arm again, she swats him away and leaves
- Other mild things like slamming doors.
- 1 mild obscenity.
- Minor name-calling (ignorant, baby, wicked, fool, stupid).
- The Lord's name is taken in vain; two uses of "God".
- 1 mild obscenity, name-calling (ignorant, baby, wicked, fool, stupid)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- They drink wine a few times, nothing major.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man is shot, could be frightening for children. A rock is thrown through a window.
- Several emotional scenes