Robin Hood (2010)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violence including intense sequences of warfare, and some sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman interrupts her son and his mistress having sex in bed (they are obviously completely nude but are covered by the sheets). We can see a lot of cleavage on the mistresses' breasts, but we can't see the nipples. The man gets up and stands naked with his front to his mother and back to his mistress (we can see his butt briefly). He puts on a robe and talks to his mother about business matters. We see a brief glimpse of one of the mistresses nipples.
- Robin's men have sex with prostitutes (offscreen, though it's obvious what has taken place).
- A man while lying on the ground sees a woman changing her clothes behind a see-through curtain. There is no nudity and the scene is cut short when he lays down to sleep.
- In one scene a woman is nearly raped. She stops this by lifting her skirt to her upper thigh, revealing a knife and stabbing and killing her assailant.
- A handful of non-explicit sexual jokes and implications.
Violence & Gore
- Many people are being burned alive in battle sequences. Captured villagers are hearded and set to be burned alive.
- Thousands of men charge a castle. The defenders fire arrows, spears and rock at the attackers, killing several. The leader of the attackers is eventually shot through the neck with an arrow, and there is blood. He later dies. The attackers shoot back and kill several of the defenders.
- A company of English soldiers are ambushed and all killed by swords, arrows and spears. A character is stabbed through with a spear, and there is blood (it takes a while for him to die).
- Robin Hood and his men ambush French soldiers and kill them all by arrows and swords. Robin then shoots at the main villain and nicks him on the cheek with an arrow (blood splatters, and he has a graphic scar for the rest of the movie).
- Thousands of soldiers fight on a beach. The attackers shoot thousands of arrows that descend upon the French, killing dozens. The cavalry then charge the infantry and an intense battle ensures on the beach and in the water. Men are killed every second of it, and some of it is pretty bloody. The ocean runs red with blood. Robin shoots a villain from a distance with his bow and arrows--the arrow strikes through the neck and blood splatters.
- A battle scene fought in a village with the violence similar to the rest of a movie.
- An old blind man bravelly sword duels a villain. The villain pushes the blind man around as the villain's men laugh. The blind man manages to cut the villain across the head. Enraged, the villain slices the blind man's arm (blood), and then slices him across the back (blood), followed by stabbing him through, killing him.
- 2-3 uses of b-----d
- 2-3 uses of d--n
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some scenes in which characters are seen enjoying mead (blend of honey and alcohol).
- A lot of characters get very drunk and later have sex with prostitutes (see nudity/sex).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- In one scene, innocent people are killed, and placed in a building to be burned alive. Others are placed in another building to be stung by bees.
- During the same scene a woman is almost raped.