Chuck (TV Series 2007–2012) Poster

(2007–2012)

Very Enjoyable if you take it for what it is.
kcdl2 August 2009
I'm totally surprised by the amount of negative comments made about Chuck. though at the same time the good comments are very good.

I half wonder if the negative comments comments are because people are watching it in the mode of "This is comedy why aren't I laughing every single second".

I agree the show isn't laugh-a-minute. However I think it far more than that. I once heard this show described as "joyous" and I think that is a perfect description. This is a show that should produce joy rather than laughter. Laughter is reflexive and ephemeral while joy is more lasting and requires sympathy for the characters.

I enjoy the show because I love the characters. They may seem to be clichés but the are all archetypes in new contexts. We not only have meek nerds in dangerous situation but train killers in mundane situations.

I love watching these characters trying to adjust to these environments that are alien to them.

The other thing I like is that there is forward movement in nearly every episode especially in season 2. I'm so sick of shows that are stand alone bad-guy-of-the-week. Chuck has a clear story arch. It is a very plot driven show and secondarily a character driven show. The script is a formality much like Star Wars.

Really it is a classic story about man who is being forced to be the man he is meant to be. Chuck has the potential to be a hero but years as a lowly computer store clerk have obliterated his self confidence.

On the flip side it is the story of a girl who has been running around saving the world and just wants a normal life.

I guess if you don't have sympathy for the character you will never understand what is great about this show. It is FAR more than a bunch of spy clichés.

Another thing I love is the chemistry between Chuck and Sarah. It is more than just sexual tension the to characters are actually in love. This makes things a bit different to the usual sexual tension theme where the boy is trying to get the girl to like him. We know they like each other from the start. It is merely the circumstance that keeps them apart. This raises the stakes of the story arch of chuck trying to get the intersect out of his head.

In summary I believe you enjoy it more if you don't think of it as a purely as a comedy but as journey for the main characters.
236 out of 267 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Action packed, Smart, Hilarious, Sexy show.
kwanbis1 November 2009
Chuck is one of my favourite shows so far.

The action is very good.

Comedy is excellent, not too overacted.

Yvonne Strahovsky is the sexiest agent on TV by far.

All the episodes are very much different, so you don't get bored.

It looks like all is in place for a hell of a show.

I hope NBC does not let it die.

By the way, i'm non-American Spanish-speaker, and i still love the show, not like others that are very much "american humor", like 30 rock which i can not stand a minute (this is just an example), so i'm confident it would be loved from people all over the world.
147 out of 175 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chuck is like Marmite.....you either love it or hate it. I LOVE IT!
fearcheol11 August 2009
A lot of people who watch Chuck forget that they are watching a action/comedy. The people who think that its supposed to be solely comedy will be disappointed because they think they're supposed to be laughing the whole time. These people aren't the fans....

People who get offended by its portrayal of its action/sci-fi side are offended because it doesn't thrill them like most shows like Dexter or Supernatural do. Its not supposed to do that either. These people aren't the fans....

People who are able to see the key factor of this show.... the simple care-free enjoyment that puts a smile on your face when they watch chuck. Who can see behind the unrealistic plot and cliché characters to the amazing morals and ethics that only this type of show can have. People who can just sit back and indulge in the charming epicness of Chuck. These people ARE the fans!

And i am one of them.

If you are a rationalist, don't watch......ever.

But if you have an open-mind and have even a hint of empathy then this is the show for YOU
205 out of 247 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Is this show the greatest show currently on television?
Pillowfightgayness9 September 2009
I would like to explain to you what makes this show worth watching.

There are 3 main reasons.

1. The plot: to sum it up in one word "amazing" How the creators came up with this idea ill never know but it is great, a totally unique and might I add awesome idea for a TV show, The mix of the drama and the comedy in the show is just stunning major kudos to the writers

2. The characters: Every single character on this show is great. whether Im watching Casey lay out some serious fighting skills, or watching Captain Awesome be...well, awesome it always has my attention

3. The relationship between Chuck and Sarah: Last but definitely not least the element that most makes the show worth watching. Their chemistry rivals that of another great TV couple *cough* J.D and Elliot *cough*. They play off of each other so well that it makes me really believe that Yvonne Strahovski really is a super sexy C.I.A agent and Zachary Levi is just some "nerd" that happened to land the hottest women on the face of the planet in the most bizarre sort of way. I love Chuck and Sarah.

So to answer my question, Yes this really is the greatest show currently on television, I haven't been this obsessed with a show since I first set eyes on Scrubs. If you have not seen this show or you've seen a little and are skeptical about it, Just watch it you will not be disappointed.
227 out of 275 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
great show!very funny!
vishak_1417 August 2009
I think this is the only TV show that had me hooked after just the first episode...I've watched a lot of TV shows and i would have to say that this is definitely the funniest of them...everyone has a different sense of humor..the previous post mentioned that this show wasn't funny...shocking to me..but oh well..people are different...humor aside, it's action packed and has it's serious moments (well serious until chuck arrives on the scene)...the fact that he doesn't mean to be funny makes it even funnier(if that makes any sense)...there's also some love triangle stuffs which in fact is one of the main things that makes you wanna keep watching(well.. me anyway)..I really do recommend watching this series(not one a week..just get the DVD and watch one episode after the other..makes it more enjoyable)..
114 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chuck Finale
ArrrMadeus28 January 2012
Okay, for starters. Chuck has always been one of those shows that no matter where you pop in to it, it will be an exciting television show. Chuck offers a lot of fun, it offers you comedy, drama, and there are a lot of touching moments throughout the show. I, as a male, can honestly say that the Finale has made me cry like a baby. I have loved this show since the beginning of its airing, and there is nothing I want more than this show to continue. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to be continued; but they may make a movie about it. If none of you have watched Chuck, or gave up on it, I suggest you continue, (or start), watching the show. It's a touching show, it's by far number one in the top ten most amazing shows, it HAS to be. When you watch the Series finale, you'll be tearing up.
31 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chuck is the most magnificent show on television
struggle6725 February 2009
Chuck is the most entertaining show on TV. It's shot well and the writing is smart and quick. The acting is superb from the extras to the main characters.The story is dramatic and visionary where the character dynamics can be turned on a dime. Love and romance, an agent searching for a good fight, an average guy tossed into the world of espionage; this show has it all.

You will laugh and cry, rejoice and be frustrated because of character depth and great acting. All the characters are lovable and relatable.

NBC has found a hero in Chuck, who as a typical guy, inspires us to be better. The creed of the show is to take care of your family and friends. Simply Chuck calls to do right even in tough times.

It's certainly a show that will keep you on your toes throughout. Without a doubt this is the best show I've ever seen.

At first I was skeptical but after two or three episodes I was hooked because its funny and exciting with a great story to it. I implore you to take a chance on Chuck, trust me its worth it. Regardless of anything else there is nothing else on TV like it.
426 out of 596 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best show on TV
kknott26 March 2009
I have a DVR and rarely watch shows the day they are recorded, the exception to this, is Chuck.

The best thing about this show is it's uniqueness. Most other shows on TV right now are cast from a few different molds. You have Cop / CSI dramas, reality shows (which are really getting stale), medical drams, and situational comedies. The closest you can compare this show to is Get Smart crossed with Alias crossed with Moonlighting added to a great work place comedy. Depending on which episode you watch there will be differing levels of comedy, drama, action, and even romance.

The amazing acting ability of Zachary Levi and Yvonne Strahovski, is a pleasure to watch.
335 out of 466 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chuck = Best Drama-dy on Television
sidn617016 March 2009
Out of all of the shows on television, I would have to say that without a doubt, Chuck is the best show. It has the Perfect blend of drama and comedy. It is one of those shows that only gets better with time and I am hoping, no no, I am praying that Chuck gets a third season. Each one of the actors/characters brings something special to the show that makes it a huge success. Zachary Levi is a hilarious actor and he and Yvonne Strahovski have amazing chemistry. Adam Baldwin is always there to keep the show in line and his quirky one lines are perfectly timed. I hope they are given the chance to prove to the world that they are worth it!
346 out of 487 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't let season 5 be the last of Chuck and Sarah!!!!!!!!
Wustmann3 February 2012
Chuck is unique. It is real. With the corny acting, the monotonous or bizarre plots, and the horrible story lines have claimed the life of too many of today's television shows, Chuck offers a refreshing plot, real emotion, and real problems. The ingenious plot uniquely blends action and drama with comedy and romance. The importance of the intersect on Chuck's life and how it changes him makes us look at our own lives and makes us wonder what it is that we want to get out of our lives. Adding to that the incredibly passionate and emotional love story of Chuck and Sara and discovering the importance of family (the Bartowski's) and friends (Morgan, Casey, Buy More Gang), watching Chuck makes you realize what really matters in life and makes you feel like part of a family, Chuck's family.

As I write this, I realize the miniscule impact that this review has on determining the fate of Chuck. All I hope is that Warner Bros, own the rights to Chuck, will take a second and listen to the passionate fan base that has stood by Chuck for five years, through thick and thin. Chuck is more than a show. It's part of our family. If we lose Chuck, we lose part of our family. Sarah's not the only one who fell for Chuck. We all did and we will never stop.

Sign Petition To Continue Chuck: http://glorbi.com/bringbackchuck/index
17 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The greatest American action comedy TV series
OddHenriksen10 November 2008
Chuck is in my opinion, beyond any doubt, the funniest and the overall most entertaining American TV series on the air in 2008.

I do however not believe it is amongst the most "universal" in regards to what target audience it's ideally suited for. While not having any demographic numbers or survey results to refer to, I honestly believe it has a greater appeal to men than to women, although I do know both female and male fans of the series.

Chuck is basically an interesting and hilarious blend of comedy and action. It does not imitate other series, and does not have a boring and stereotypical concept that you feel that you've seen dozens of times before. It's really a breath of fresh air in the ever-growing jungle of TV series, of which few are worth spending time watching - in my humble opinion.

The main character, Chuck, is a geeky, modest, conscientious and somewhat shy person who is suddenly faced with many challenges in his daily life, trying to keep together the different parts of his life at the same time. His field of expertise is fixing computers. Viewers who are passionate about technology will probably be especially likely to "get" the humor of this show.

The very most brilliant achievement of this series is the unique chemistry between the characters. No one take themselves too serious, the actors deliver great performance and consistence in every episode, and the characters' spontaneous reactions are often enough to cause great laughter. The only "serious" character I can think of (who is rarely funny - undoubtedly by intention) is Chuck's sister - Ellie. She contributes greatly to the "balance" mentioned below, and is in that respect an important character.

Furhermore the series' perfect balance between gripping action scenes, risibility and self-irony is quite remarkable. It's both pleasant, fun and thrilling at the same time! I hope Chuck will continue to be such a success for a long time and that the creators continue to develop the concept so that it does not "grow old" fast. I look forward to its release on DVD in a greater variety of countries! Quickly summarized: A hilarious series, in my opinion the greatest American action comedy TV series ever!
553 out of 834 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Greatest Off The Beaten Path Action/Comedy
mnsmb71 January 2017
I stumbled upon this gem 4 years back and binge watched the first three seasons in less than 2 weeks. This show is so very creative and never truly got the chance to be successful. It was just removed from Netflix unfortunately but is still one of my favorites. The show has 5 seasons and I would say the first 3 seasons contain some of the best episodes. The idea and execution of the entire show is so well done. The main character Chuck is funny and undeniably lovable just like his best friend Morgan. Chuck's romantic history may have him a little jaded when the beautiful and mysterious Sarah enters his life. If you're willing to give love a shot and want to have lots of laughs at this light-hearted action show Chuck is for you. I rated it a 9/10 because the final season does get a bit monotonous but the music, acting and plot are well worth the watch.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one of the best ever
sakafousi-pit14 April 2016
I think a TV series should cause your feelings. If these feelings are many in quantity, frequent and intense  then what you watch is perfect.

This series made me feel Thrill.

I fell in love from the first episode.I laughed . I cried. Caught sometimes myself getting lost when  i was watching an episode, becoming part of  it, to giggle in front of the screen and feel the same emotions with their protagonists. This is a success...

When I started the series I thought that it is a relaxing comedy. I quickly realized that it is more. It has action. It has anguish. It has passion. Combines extremely comic scenes with extremely dramatic ones. The scenario is very smart, without gaps, without exaggeration. Perfectly staged. It surprises you always. You can not see what is coming next. Neither you can doubt it.

But the most important of all, what are not expecting, what are you not read on the description before start viewing the show is the following point: The romantic side of it. I fell in love. Really. It is the best romantic story that I have ever seen. I will miss it...
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Brilliant mixture of Action, Romance and Comedy
travismarkbrooks19 February 2009
In my line of work, I get very little time to sit down and enjoy something on the TV, or especially become enthralled in a TV series - until Chuck.

From the first episode, back when we were first introduced to the individually zany Chuck, right up to present day 2 seasons down the line - Every episode is a whirlwind of emotion, with the action of the plot, mixed with the comedy of the 3 bantering and finally the intermittent cover relationship which we all have our own opinions about.

It's been a long time since I set something aside and looked forward to it every single week - and to this day have never been disappointed by it!!!

BRAVO CHUCK!!
244 out of 389 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amusing and full of action series with sympathetic and attractive actors : Zachary Levi , Yvonne Strahovski and many others
ma-cortes7 December 2017
Since geeky and underachieving Chuck , full name is Charles Irving Bartowski (Zachary Levi) accidentally became the mental host of the Intersect , an unprecedentedly powerful computer mind containing all information available to the US government , he's a primordial national security asset and risk . So CIA and NSA each appoint two top agents, Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski) from CIA and John Casey (Adam Baldwin) from NSA to protect Chuck , and all of them become involved in fantastic and dangerous adventures . Meanwhile , his identity must be kept secret from Chuck's sister Ellie Bartowski (Sarah Lancaster) , her good-looking boyfriend Devon (Ryan McPartlin) , both surgeons , and Chuck's goofy colleagues (Joshua Gómez , Mark Christopher Lawrence , Vik Sahay , Julia Ling) in a bustling shop called Buy More , the Burbank electronics store where he works as a cover . As he works in ¨Buy More¨ who sells the latest home electronics sharing good moments along with other offbeat and peculiar characters .

This splendid series packs thrills , adventures , including mystery , twisted plots and full of action packed fighting . The series formed by 91 episodes with 5 seasons and with its fifth season becoming its final season , beginning October 28, 2011, and ending on January 27, 2012, with a two hour finale . The main premise is the following : an ordinary underdog guy named Chuck gets an email from his old college friend Bryce Larkin he opens it to see a series of pictures called the intersect which has all of the governments most vital secrets ; as Chuck has to find a way to save the day , using the intersect of course but sometimes the help of friends . Zachary Levi gives a very good and sympathetic interpretation as a computer nerd for the Buy More who discovers dark secrets when inadvertently downloads critical government information turning his life upside down . In spite of the successful series Zachary Levi has played a mediocre career as Television : Heroes Reborn , Deadbeat , Falling for You , Let it go , Tiny commando and Cinema he played Fandral in Thor : The Dark World (2013) . Two agents are assigned to guard Chuk , Yvonne Strahovski as Sarah and Adam Baldwin as John Casey , both of whom often get involved with him in spy adventures . Zachari Levi/Chuck creates a stunning chemical with his colleague the gorgeous Yvonne Strahovski as Sarah and both of whom fall in love . Support cast is frankly well , filled with familiar faces such as : Christopher Lloyd , Brandon Routh , Kristen Krouk , Tony Todd , Bruce Boxleiner ,Rachel Bilson , Robin Givens , Chevy Chase , Dolph Lundgren , Summer Glau , Ray Wise , Linda Hamilton as Chuck's mom and Gary Cole as Sarah's dad and several others ; besides , Matt Bomer and Tim DeKay had recurring roles . Natalie Martinez intervened in various episodes as well as Jordana Brewstwer as Chuch's first girlfriend . And Bonita Friedericy as General Beckman after appearing in the vast majority of episodes from seasons one through three , was finally made a regular cast member in season four . The series was well directed by a nice assortment of filmmakers such as : Robert Duncan McNeill , Jay Chandrasekhar , Jeremiah S. Chechik , Michael Schultz , Patrick Norris , Paul Marks , Norman Buckley and Zachary Levi himself directed 3 episodes (2010-2011) .
8 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Phenomenal
theneilrules28 October 2014
This show is a perfect mix - romance, drama, action and comedy in a blender. Not many shows will keep you at the edge of your seats. Chuck is truly an epic, in fact, it is the best action comedy series ever. Both the lead characters fit perfectly. The chemistry between Strahovski and Levi is unparalleled. The main charisma of this show is just one. Amongst the action and comedy sequences, the allurement to watching this show is the constant advancement of the relationship between Chuck and Sarah. How they would eventually end up with their romance. The rest of the cast provided enough laughter to fuel up this magical journey. 91 episodes just ended in a flash.

A must see. The best action comedy series ever.
10 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mr. Magoo meets Jane Bond?
TheTollTroll29 September 2007
From the previews, it would have appeared that this show has an interesting twist from the typical rhetoric of the genre. But that is not the case. All summer we were "duped" into believing this was going to be Mr. Magoo meets Jane Bond. A regular Joe with a doofus complex meets Mrs. America gone international spy. He is unaware of her "secret identity" and she's aware that he unknowingly knows something he shouldn't, and that she might have to kill him at any second. This is not the plot at all, and would have been network gold if it was, in my opinion.

Instead we have a typical ridicules plot about a goofball of-a-guy that receives an EMAIL that contains all of the government's secrets and overloads his brain with every detail. Extraordinary piece of technology Email is. To implant all of the knowledge of the government's secrets into the brain, that he can only access at the exact time it is needed. Whaaa? It suddenly seems that I'm watching Joss Whedon's Angel ala spy-games via Johnny Mnemonic. Were you can expect every week's story to involve Chuck having "visions" that lead himself and his heroin on adventures that bring them closer to solving the mystery of whether or not Chuck can score with this spy-babe. And there might be some hilarity thrown in, but I doubt it. This "piece" has all the appeal of a shiny object to a bird. No doubt the fans of claptrap will love it...
293 out of 492 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best show to hit NBC ever
marijan-mikolic28 January 2012
Chuck is an amazing show from start to finish, from the amazing pilot to the emotion pumped finale, it's a thrilling marriage between comedy and action. Chuck never fails to entertain, especially if you're a nerd and can relate to the main character, and the acting is spot on every single episode. It was an attempt at creating a comedy about spies at the beginning, but turned into an amazing plot driven show that just kept on giving to it's fans, the ones who kept it alive. The center of the show - the relationship between Chuck and Sarah is so great because of the chemistry between them. The finale of the show made me sad it was ending, because not only was Chuck a great comedy and action show in one, but a ray of light in the darkness that is the NBC schedule. Chuck will be forever be remembered by me as one of the best shows to ever exist.
16 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one of the best TV show...just love it (carmichael)
iambhangu30 July 2017
i don't usually give reviews but CHUCK made me to do it,,,,,awesome TV series waiting for next seasons..!! john Casey, Sarah walker, Ellie MORGAN GRIMES were fantastic last but not least VOLKOFF and his terror guys we all want u back....love CHUCK Albeit i am not everyday TV watcher yet this TV show on behalf of its story and optimum character selection made me one of its greatest fan...to be honest i am overwhelmed by its story line with so much suspense..trust me guys you won;t regret watching this show. Till then farewell.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I see what you did there...
paul-scollon11 May 2016
I was genuinely dubious about this show, and put off watching it for quite some time. However, it is now firmly in my top 5 shows of all time. The reason? The sheer amount of pop culture references in each show. It is amazing fun spotting all the hidden references layered below the obvious ones - some not so obvious at all - for example a reference to the movie "Gotcha!" (that I only just got because I had watch that movie the night before) or a sneaky reference in one episode to "Firefly", in which Adam Baldwin also starred. This is stuff made just for geeks, and it is brilliant. On a regular day there are also subtle references to Mad Max, Die Hard, Dune, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Back to The Future, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and so on. The scripts are also quite good, with some genuine laugh out loud moments. Check it out, you won't be disappointed, but give a few episodes before you decide.. your brain won't be able to take it all in immediately (and you'll see what I did there).
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Chuck might have some potential underneath the muddled scripts
nunyerbiz6 October 2007
Through a series of 'forgettable spy movie clichés', a regular guy from the local electronic store gets all the secrets of the government downloaded into his subconscious. Of course, this brings interest from the unavoidable 'powerful government agency clichés'. The CIA agent (romantic interest) and the NSA agent (sorta pointless other guy) must sorta protect him while sorta trying to get information from him while sorta trying to make the audience laugh on occasion.

Based on the first two shows, Chuck is a muddled mess... but it can be amusing at times. In the title role, Zachary Levi is likable but he doesn't seem to know whether to play it straight or go for a laugh. When a legitimate laugh does appear, the "spy clichés" pop out and stop any momentum. I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say that Chuck probably isn't going to die or get brutally tortured. So when the show plays it's spy stuff with a relative straight face and tries to deliver tension, it's just a waste of time.

The writers might have something with Chuck and Sarah, as the actors appear to have potential for some chemistry... but the show needs to find a direction. Right now, it's some interesting ideas wrapped in a bunch of clunky spy games.
260 out of 477 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
REALLY well-made show
mochmochmoch9 August 2012
Chucking ending makes me want to cry. I think this is officially my favorite series. Its no wonder why its considered cult the because the personalities, music, and everything completely embodies the interest of its time. I wonder why chuck wasn't bigger and upset because it was so underrated. I started watching the show 2 weeks before it ended and really regret I hadn't gotten on that boat sooner.

It was so well written in terms of style, pace, comedy, drama, and action all made into a story line. It was visually well produced, I loved the wardrobe and the actors had such a great job showing dynamic personalities. My favorite scenes that I thought were the most epik were the nerd herd scenes. Even the short term characters were awesome.

I'm so mad that season 5 is ONLY 13 episodes. And I really wish I could've seen how much further the writers would've taken it if it had gone on longer. I'm so sad the Chuck & Sarah story is over and I can't watch new episodes of Colonel Casey or Jeffster

If the makers of Chuck get another series i'm on it!
8 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Ever TV Series Hero
didoerden25 April 2014
Funny, drama, sexy what more anyone can ask? Chuck for me is the best hero in TV today, an ordinary guy that can do anything with the help of his best friends. Every character on this show was right on spot. Sarah the sexiest CIA agent anyone could ask. Casey the fearsome NSA agent that became Chuck's guard. Morgan the goofiest but ultimate best friend anyone could ask. The actors were incredible, i fell for every one of them, i am still looking what they are doing. Great creation of the writers, producers etc. Hope more like "Chuck" in the future. Maybe a happier finale could gain the 10 from me but it didn't so a great "9". Must see!!!
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great show
voroskobold10 January 2015
This is not so much a review as a plaudit. I only recently discovered Chuck on Netflix, years after the show had been canceled. I checked it out and ended up watching the whole series twice before buying the DVD box set to do it all over again :) I watched it three times now and it doesn't get any less interesting/funny or whatever you choose to describe it as. That's not something you can say about a lot of shows. Without getting too much into the plot(you can read that anywhere) I'm just gonna say, don't expect anything complicated or don't even start looking for deeper truths, meanings behind it. What makes this a great show is it's versatility; it has lots of action, comedy, romance and a little bit of drama, the characters are very likable, there is someone to identify with for everyone from the biggest nerd to the dedicated gun-lover. All in all, Chuck has earned the rank of my number one favorite show and I encourage everyone to just lay back, enjoy and keep their fingers crossed for team Bartowski! ;)
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Such a brilliant and clever show! One of the best on recent television.
nicholas-hoare7 April 2013
Chuck..... Well what can I say. It took me on one of the most emotional journeys a TV show has ever taken me on! Right from episode 1 in season 1 I was hooked, I fell in love with the characters, and the writing is just brilliant! Whilst it might not be for everyone and it did struggle for ratings there for a while, Chuck is truly an amazing journey. From season 1, right through to the most emotional TV episodes i have ever seen, in the last few of season 5. I still can't quite put a finger on what it was for me that made me fall in love with Chuck, maybe it was me being an Australian and having a soft spot for the ever so beautiful Yvonne Strahovski, or just the sheer magnificent story line of each episode. Chuck has done it for me and I was very sad to hear that it would end with only 5 seasons, but that is television. I hope Chuck lives on for a long time to come. Chuck you did it for me 10/10!!
9 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.