Breaking Bad (TV Series 2008–2013) Poster

(2008–2013)

3,214 Reviews
It's ok I guess
bruhperson7 March 2019
Re-Watched it 7 times and counting. I guess I liked it.
3,165 out of 3,512 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Best
jehuschultz19 February 2020
I cannot stress enough how good this show is. I've watched a lot of TV in my life and this show still remains the best show I've ever seen.
1,213 out of 1,363 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dont watch this show
Dont you ever watch this show as it is so perfect u will never be able to watch another show
2,366 out of 2,679 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Those days ain't gonna come back..
manishsingh-0329931 May 2019
When you finish the show you'll never be the same..I guarantee you
1,716 out of 1,957 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best TV show ever made.
xpinerhd16 November 2019
I wanna delete my brain and watch it again like I never knew it.
1,166 out of 1,360 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you mix Scarface, Robin Hood and maybe Tyler Durden with enough meth - you'll get a mean cocktail called 'Heisenberg'
gogoschka-112 January 2014
If you are among the few who haven't seen it yet: believe the hype, it really is THAT good. Breaking Bad may not depict reality the way 'Generation Kill' or 'The Wire' did - but then it's not about that, either. From an artistic point of view - performances, writing, direction, camera, music - this show is every bit as good as the other two mentioned above, but unlike those, 'Breaking Bad' just wants to entertain and therefore enjoys a lot more creative freedom.

The show plays like the daydream fantasy of any underachieving, struggling middle class family man who's had to bury all his dreams (I mean: who wouldn't want to be a meth-kingpin for a little while?), before it turns into a nightmare. One could almost say that 'Heisenberg' is Walter White's 'Tyler Durden'(for those who don't get the reference: watch 'Fight Club' - you won't regret it).

For pure entertainment value, this is simply the best show I've ever seen. Every single one of the main characters has already reached the status of a screen icon - when does that ever happen?! Most fun I've ever had watching a TV-show and an instant classic.
1,056 out of 1,269 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Since GOT is over, this is Officially the Greatest show ever made
agatt-8723220 May 2019
I was waiting to see how GOT ended. It should be the greatest but they failed miserably in the finale season especially the last 3 (mainly the finale) episode.

Writers need to take notes and be more like breaking bad. They had they ending planned out from the begging. They didn't try and build a massive brand or following behind the show and extend their seasons to do so. They stuck with their plan and created the greatest show we may ever see.

Thank you for existing.
1,401 out of 1,713 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The 10/10 show.
d_sa13 October 2019
If there is any show deserves a 10/10, it's Breaking Bad, Simply the greatest.
633 out of 790 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Addicted: Meth or Math.
alanbenfieldjr27 June 2017
Drug wars, meth, the lot. I thought no thank you. I kept hearing how good it was and I kept saying: "No thank you" Last January I got sick, one of those illnesses you can't quite figure out. Maybe it was pre and post election depression, I don't know. But I stayed in bed for almost 10 days and then it happened. I saw the first episode and I was immediately and I mean immediately, hooked. I saw the entire series in 9 days. Voraciously. Now I had time to reflect. Why I wonder. When I think about it the first thing that comes to mind is not a thing it's Bryan Cranston. I know the concept was superb as was the writing but Bryan Cranston made it all real. His performance, the creation of Walter White will be studied in the Acting classes of the future. He is the one that pulls you forward - as well as backwards and sideways - then I realized that his creation acquired the power that it acquired, in great part thanks to the extraordinary cast of supporting players. I could write a page for each one of them but I'm just going to mention Aaron Paul. I ended up loving him. I developed a visceral need to see him find a way out. Well, what can I tell you. I know that one day, maybe when my kids are old enough, I shall see "Breaking Bad" again. I can't wait.
796 out of 1,016 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stunning Comedy-Drama
sgtdoakes13 March 2008
I probably haven't been hooked to a TV show like I am to Breaking Bad before. This beautiful piece of art is incredibly well written and directed, furthermore the actors are doing a tremendous job! I've read a few remarks about the pace of the show, saying it is too slow. I completely disagree, there are so many aspects which get their place in the series, every single one in its own way and it would be horrible if we'd see a too fast paced show containing ridiculous cliffhangers like we see them on the major networks. Because this way you can entirely fall in love with the show, the characters and every tiny detail of the story and the best part of it, it is unbelievably addictive and makes you starve for more week after week!

Kudos to Mr. Gilligan, kudos to Mr. Cranston and kudos to everyone else who's making a contribution to this show!
1,138 out of 1,478 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Mind Blowing
valis194926 February 2009
BREAKING BAD:Season One explodes like a sucker punch to the gut, and is nothing short of mind-blowing. The pilot for this series is a definite "Must See", and stands with the greats of Action/Adventure Television and Cinema. This segment begins at such a giddy peak, that you think the only way forward would be to tell the tale as a long flashback. However, through a marvelous piece of editing and writing, the plot miraculously moves forward from that point. Bryon Cranston's idiosyncratic performance is a joy to behold. He embodies a man who is against a rock, and an even harder place, who has no other option but to throttle his higher aspirations and grimly carry on. His solace and validation in middle-class morality and virtuous conduct is long gone. I eagerly look forward to more of this ambitious, entertaining series.
831 out of 1,118 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Incredible Show
opngate11 March 2009
I have to echo another reviewer on here and say that as of the past many years I have not watched television, save PBS, Discovery, or History channel. And the news, of course. There has been nothing except The Sopranos and Family Guy in the realm of series that warranted my attention. Almost everything out there is stupid drivel that insults the intelligence of educated human beings.

But Now !! Now we have Breaking Bad !!!

All I can say is: HOLY S**T !!! This is the best television series I've ever seen, and really goes into the realm of feature films as well, as far as being in my top ten. I cannot think of anything as of late that punched me in the face like this show did. I absolutely love it. If you have not seen it, do yourself a HUGE favor and rent the first season so you'll know what's going on, and you can see the transition of the characters. This show is beautifully written with plot twists coming in refreshing ways, and at just the right times. Some of what is shown I was surprised they put it on television,... and that's a great thing !! The acting is brilliant, and the themes are amazing, timeless and timely, and are presented to us in thought provoking ways that leave me pondering philosophical ideas long after the show is over. Yeah, this is a TV series !!! On AMC !! Hard to believe. This is one I'm raving about to everyone I know, and hope keeps going for a long, long time !!! Thanks to everyone involved with this genius show !!!
811 out of 1,099 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best
otnememento-221 February 2020
The best series I have seen in my whole life, even better than the wire.
334 out of 447 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Brilliant Character Work In Pitch Black Comedy-Drama
thebrainflow21 January 2008
The age of Bryan Cranston has returned. Once universally lauded for his work in Malcolm In The Middle, there had yet to be a good vehicle for this man's particular talents. He has that rare gift of generating sympathy and manic-energy at the same time.

For those that would be content to label this show a Weeds knock-off, bear in mind that Breaking Bad is a new kind of monster. It touches on the very same themes, "living realistically as a middle class in the United States" which often makes us resort to extremes to survive. Like the mother and daughter team that robbed that bank. But the weed selling antics of Showtime's hit show is really nothing like "Bad." The Pilot was about as perfect a Pilot as I've ever seen, and much of it rests on Bryan Cranston's shoulders.

Cranston plays Cheimstry teacher Walter White. He has a loving wife, a child with Cerebal Palsy and another is on the way. He also happens to be dying from an inoperable lung cancer situation, which happened although he "never smoked." His finances in disarray, the once great student of science turns to crime to solve his problems.

He cooks Crystal Meth with a good for nothing ex-student. From the antics of the first episode, the show is leading towards a dark place, but a place of truth. This is a no nonsense black comedy.

For people that love Tarantino or the Coen's, this might be your cup of tea.
847 out of 1,182 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please stay on the air....
chuckbytes31 October 2008
Absolutely one of the most ground breaking bad ass shows on the screen, (pardon the pun). Definitely not for everyone but finally something that feels real.

I personally like the fact they pull no punches. I find myself pausing at the fact that I am so intrigued by this hard core street wise program, more than any of the other big name series. This one really hits home and gives a true behind the scenes look at what most would consider the bad guys. I'm not condoning the contents of the story, and I don't think the show is either, there is no glamor in what these boys are doing, but it's giving an insight to the darker side of many streets.

How the denial and desperation that can occur to the common working stand up citizen, the pillar of society that suddenly changes his moral standing in a society driven by the almighty dollar. This is pretty dam close to Fallen (Michel Douglas) but with up to date street smarts nd a lot more punch.

The characters don't over exaggerate their roles and the story line isn't filled with cleaver dialog or near to impossible feats of bravery or beating impossible odds. Just true to life screwed up events that could take place in the real world. I think they did their research on this one. Good work everyone.

I hope we get more than a second and third season out of this great crew (every one of them). From the writing and production sets to the acting, costumes, lighting, filming and originality. I've seen a few good series lost to the wrong decision makers, hope this one doesn't end up short (long live FireFly)

Chuckbytes
582 out of 823 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Im in tears
hazzyishfaq20 September 2020
Just finished watching for the second time and i cant believe how brilliant and perfect this series is Its really hard to express the brilliance there has never been anything better then breaking bad hands down to the GOAT
215 out of 304 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
EVERY SEASON RATED
anthonyabiakl-5706217 September 2018
Season 1 : 8.8/10 Season 2 : 8.8/10 Season 3 : 9.5/10 Season 4 : 9.8/10 Season 5 : 10/10
383 out of 569 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hello, Mr. Cranston - Meet Ms. Emmy...
cchase26 January 2008
As the clueless, hapless and hopeless father of four on the celebrated series MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE, Bryan Cranston came into his own, as he did an amazing balancing act that juggled slapstick, pathos and insanity all at once, proving that not only did "father NOT know best", but more than likely never would.

Now he essays the role of another father in the new series BREAKING BAD, but it's a shocking, bracingly refreshing turn that takes his 'Three Stooges' repertoire of grunts, shrieks, barks and neurotic ticks and virtually throws them out the window. Some of those qualities are still there, but unlike MALCOLM, BREAKING is the blackest of black comedies. When I first heard about it, the reviews I read compared it heavily (and favorably) to the Coen Brothers' dark crime comedy FARGO. And the comparisons are aptly warranted.

This is one of those series where the less you know about it going in, the better, but just to set your mind reeling with the possibilities, here it is in a nutshell: Cranston plays high school chemistry teacher Walter White, who is constantly battling the lackadaisical attitudes of his disinterested students, the looming specter of financial disaster - by supplementing his paltry teacher's salary with a second job at a local car wash, and trying to cope with the impending arrival of a new baby, even as he and his wife raise their disabled teenage son, whom unlike many stereotypical portrayals of handicapped kids is no Pollyanna-like angel.

Then in the midst of all this, Walter makes a shocking discovery: he has inoperable lung cancer, and therefore only a few years left to live at best. Facing the very real possibility of leaving his family struggling not only with his death, but a financial situation that could only end in catastrophe, Walter suddenly has a revelation, thanks to an idea handed to him by his boorish brother-in-law, who works with the DEA - he decides to become a crystal meth dealer.

Okay, so while you're letting your brain take that all in, you also need to know that this is one of those defining roles where you just know that the lead actor will get Emmy recognition, whether he intended to or not. That is just how good Cranston is as Walter. In fact, he's every bit as good as Michael C. Hall's Dexter Morgan, James Gandolfini's Tony Soprano or Harold Perrineau's criminally under-appreciated Augustus Hill. And he's backed by an amazing supporting cast of mostly new or unfamiliar faces (with the exception of Dean Norris as the brother-in-law).

You can tell from the word 'go' that writer/producer/director Vince Gilligan (former head writer/exec producer on THE X FILES) has been champing at the bit for a while to let fly with a project like this. And if the first episode is any indication, AMC has another real winner on its hands. So MAD MEN will need to move over and make some room...since BREAKING BAD isn't the kind of series to "ask nicely."

Which brings up another important point: this is not a series for everyone, the way that FARGO and Showtime's kindred-spirit drug dramedy WEEDS are not mainstream, either. This is sharp, biting, satirical social commentary that draws blood when it sinks its teeth in, and you are guaranteed to wince even as you laugh out loud at Cranston's dead-on portrayal of a MAN on the edge of a nervous breakdown (well, more like over the edge.)

A caveat for would-be viewers, though, and a very ironic one at that: AMC has applied its ham-fisted method of editing its movies to this series as well, unfortunately, making the channel the LAST place you want to see it. The best thing to do is to check out the premiere episode whenever you can catch a rerun on AMC, then hustle on over to iTunes and download it so you can watch it again. Some very important scenes and some impressive establishing shots have been "edited for time and content" from the broadcast version, and this is material that IS essential to your experience viewing this show. There is a lot more to the characters and situations than you will be allowed to see on basic cable. So as you watch, keep that in mind.

And after you are done marveling at this magnificent character study sketched in desperation, you can wonder as I did, whether Bryan Cranston will bother preparing a speech for next year's Emmys. I sure hope he does...thanks to his work on BREAKING BAD, he'll need it.
544 out of 818 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Greatest Show i've ever seen
robertmonster18 June 2021
Vince Gilligan take a bow what an incredible show. I can't name one thing bad about this show it's a masterpiece of television.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is not a show, it is a feeling.
blndbahaden18 June 2021
For me Breaking Bad is not a show it is a feeling, an emotion every time i rewatch it instead of getting bored i get more excited instead sitting through it I watch every second of it feeling everything the characters feel every time I finish watching it I feel an emptiness that I have never felt in my real life so how could this be a show how could I be so connected to something that is not real well to me it is real to me it is an emotion.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Everything you already heard about this show - is probably an understatement.
robertmaybeth14 November 2017
Everybody has their own opinion of how many stars a show deserves, whether more stars or fewer it's seldom so many people agree. "Breaking Bad" is possibly the best TV drama ever made - there isn't a wrong step, bad episode or miscast character throughout the whole series run.

A willing suspension of disbelief is an absolute requirement to enjoy this drama. It is probably not plausible to believe that anyone like Walter White could succeed as a meth chemist for even one season without being killed or caught let alone the 62 episodes the series has. But the tight, virtually seamless story, and the sympathetic characters, who nearly all resonate with most viewers, make you willing to set aside any differences with plausibility (which, admittedly, the show takes huge liberties with).

Like most serials it is best not to watch the show out of order! More then any other series, huge changes in plot, story and character arc take place so fast you are likely to be completely lost if you skip episodes. And the show is the proverbial roller coaster, taking you to the low points and peaks right along with your favorite characters, you might not want to miss a minute in this original and daring TV drama once you start watching!
275 out of 422 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An apology
johnandpheebs27 May 2019
Many years ago, a friend of mine told me to watch this new series called Breaking Bad. The way he raved about it I thought I'd give it a go just to shut him up. I really couldn't get in to it and, after the pilot episode, gave up and didn't watch it any more. Fast forward to 2019. Looking through Netflix I came across this series once again so thought I'd give it another go. Now, I don't know if I've changed in these past years or I just didn't give it long enough first time round but, Wow! Over the last three weeks I have binge watched the entire series, averaging four episodes a day (unfortunately I have to work as well). What can I say about this series that hasn't already been said by other reviewers who are more grammatically articulate than I am. It easy to see why Breaking Bad won as many awards as it did. The writing is superb, not to mention the acting from its two main stars, Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as Walt and Jesse. By the end of the last episode I felt my heart was broken. Like a break up in a relationship I would now have to get by without these two in my life. It's been an emotional rollercoaster of a ride but I enjoyed every minute of it. From Jesse's awkward moment having dinner with Walt and Sky, to Walt's maniacal laughter whilst under the floorboards of his house. So to my friend I owe an apology. I should have listened to you and watched this great show a long time ago.
225 out of 344 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Breaking Bad is a Once In a Lifetime Experience
gonnabathulavamsi30 October 2017
After many friends recommending me the show i had finally started watching it.. I could not get out of it.. i did not come out of my room for 3 days and completed 5 seasons eventually.. i could not cope with the end of the show and i could not find anything that can top this show.It intensifies season by season.. IT'S ALL ABOUT REACTIONS.. Acting 5/5 Plot 6/5 Score 4/5 Overall feel 22/10 There are no words to describe how great this show is so stop reading this review and start watching it..
259 out of 400 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My opinion
Ahmedfadil0025 April 2020
A great series, especially the first, fourth and fifth parts .. There is some boredom in it, but it is worthy that one is following it carefully.
87 out of 130 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
''Die with memories'' not ''with dreams''
yaswanthcrazy2 June 2020
This first season are very slow but intersting at every season there will be thrillng at the end it will say''Die with memories'' not ''with dreams''
36 out of 50 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.