Love & Mercy (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 6 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic elements, drug content and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A few kissing scenes.
- We see a man and a woman on a couch with a blanket over them. It's implied that they've just had sex and some nudity is shown.
Violence & Gore
- The film contains two brief utterances of the expletive 'f**k', as well as other coarse language such as 'slut', 'b*tch' and 'goddamn'.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The film contains a few scenes depicting illegal drug use in a discreet manner.
- In one scene, a man passes a packet of white powder to the protagonist, who is shown sitting and staring into space after that. In another scene, a group of young men are smoking what appear like joints. However, illegal drug use is not explicitly established in both scenes but implied through the demeanor of the characters.
- Throughout the film, illegal drug use is depicted discreetly in a non-promotional manner. Overall, the film portrays the protagonists struggle with psychosis, where he occasionally uses illegal drugs to deal with the symptoms of his mental instability.