Jungle Cruise (2021)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 15 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of adventure violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A kiss between a man and a woman in the end of the movie.
- A man mentions having declined a woman's hand in marriage, saying that his interests 'lay elsewhere' and that his family threatened to disown him because of who he loved, which is intended to infer that he is gay, but it could just as easily be interpreted as him simply being in love with someone that his family didn't approve of.
Violence & Gore
- Zombie-like creatures are broken into pieces by swords and gunshots. More creepy than it is violent.
- Various action sequences that include punching, stabbing, and shooting. Almost no blood is seen.
- Some scenes of violence towards native Amazonians. A flashback shows their village being attacked by villains.
- A man is impaled with a sword and then falls down into a river.
- There is a scene where 2 of the characters and an animal are physically ill 1-2 minutes after a scene depicting them riding the ship along the rocky rapids/consuming alcohol. Briefly shown with visuals that may be triggering for some.
- God or Jesus is said 4 or 5 times.
- One use of 'shit' in German.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters occasionally drink alcohol.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are cursed, zombie-like characters which could be frightening for younger viewers. One of them is cut open multiple times, and snakes spring out from under the skin.
- There are multiple jump-scares.
- Occasional scenes with spiders, snakes, piranhas, scorpions, bees and other insects. Some of these scenes are more disturbing than others.
- (Deleted. Personal opinions about ratings are not appropriate for the Parents Guide.)
Violence & Gore
- One character is killed by a large stone. No blood.