True Blood (2008–2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
Sex & Nudity
- A man is raped by a woman in season 4. It's very disturbing.
- Most episodes have explicit sex scenes (straight, but also sometimes gay, lesbian, bisexual, threesomes, etc.), including graphic thrusting, moaning and full female nudity and rear male nudity.
- Sexual references/dialogue throughout.
Violence & Gore
- The violence and gore in True Blood is quite graphic and quite brutal and violent at times, however it is quick and brief.
- Multiple scenes of violence are shown, including: beheadings, stakings, disembowelments, throat-rippings, dismemberments, and many more.
- Strong profanity throughout.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Vampire blood is a drug to humans. It works as a hallucinogen to humans. It also works as viagra.
- Several characters drink heavily, and smoking is shown as well
- Some characters smoke Marijuana at times.
- One of the characters is a drug dealer and takes different kinds of drugs.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Suggested (Deleted. Personal opinions about ratings are not appropriate for the Parents Guide.)
- There is sexual assault/discussion of assault a few times during the series. In Season 3 a female character is assaulted but the act is not shown. In Season 4 a man is a graphically raped by a woman, which could disturb some viewers.